Commander 2019: Spidey (Mystic Intellect) vs Mooseman (Merciless Rage)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think I have 5 cards in hand.

I'll sac the Geistcaller.

EOT, I'll tap the Autogenerator to put a charge ctr on itself and sac the Locket to draw 2 cards. Responses to either?

Spidey: 15
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 5
Library: 56
Command Zone (cast twice): 2URW
Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)
(T) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *1 charge ctr*

(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite, Thalia's Geistcaller, Izzet Locket
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 17
Dmg from commander: 2/21
Hand: 1
Library: 76
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4
(T) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)
(U) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Spiderman ueot)
(S) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(S) Burnished Hart (2/2; 3, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee, Fiery Temper,

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mystic Retrieval, targeting my Magmaquake, responding with Increasing Vengeance to copy it, targeting Mandate of Peace. Responses to either?

Hand: 6
Library: 53
Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *1 charge ctr*

(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite, Thalia's Geistcaller, Izzet Locket, Mystic Retrieval (FB: 2R), Increasing Vengeance (FB: 3RR)
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),
===================================================================================
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)
(U) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Spiderman ueot)
(S) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(S) Burnished Hart (2/2; 3, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee, Fiery Temper

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Magmaquake for 6. Responses?

Hand: 7
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *1 charge ctr*

(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite, Thalia's Geistcaller, Izzet Locket, Mystic Retrieval (FB: 2R), Increasing Vengeance (FB: 3RR), Magmaquake
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know I'll see those Devils again though.

Attack with Sevinne
Responses/blocks/take it?

Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)

(T,A) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite, Thalia's Geistcaller, Izzet Locket, Mystic Retrieval (FB: 2R), Increasing Vengeance (FB: 3RR), Magmaquake, Cliffside Rescuer, Scaretiller, Burnished Hart
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter, Soul of Innistrad (3BB graveyard ability), Wildfire Devils

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's 2

Tranquil Cove

Done

Spidey: 16
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)

(T) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite, Thalia's Geistcaller, Izzet Locket, Mystic Retrieval (FB: 2R), Increasing Vengeance (FB: 3RR), Magmaquake, Cliffside Rescuer, Scaretiller, Burnished Hart
Mooseman: 15
Dmg from commander: 4/21
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter, Soul of Innistrad (3BB graveyard ability), Wildfire Devils

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
3BB Ob Nixilis Reignited
Lose a life and draw a card
Swamp
Choas warp on one of my tapped swamps
Reveal Drownyard Temple
Well that was uneventful
Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)

(T) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Mooseman: 15
Hand: 0
Library: 74
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(TTTT) Moutain x4
(U) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(U) Drownyard Temple (, , T: Add C to your mana pool. 3: Return Drownyard Temple from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped)

Ob Nixilis Reignited (Nixilis, 6, [+1]: Draw a card and you lose 1 life. [-3]: Destroy target creature. [-8]: Target opponent gets an emblem with "Whenever a player draws a card, you lose 2 life." )

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EOT, put a charge ctr on the Autogenerator

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Attack Ob with Sevinne
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 52
Battlefield:

(U,U) Plains x2
(U) Island
(U) Mt
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)
(U) Tranquil Cove (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or W to my mana pool)

(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)
(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *2 charge ctrs*

(T,A) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite, Thalia's Geistcaller, Izzet Locket, Mystic Retrieval (FB: 2R), Increasing Vengeance (FB: 3RR), Magmaquake, Cliffside Rescuer, Scaretiller, Burnished Hart
Mooseman: 14
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(TTTT) Moutain x4
(U) Drownyard Temple (, , T: Add C to your mana pool. 3: Return Drownyard Temple from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped)

Ob Nixilis Reignited (Nixilis, 6, [+1]: Draw a card and you lose 1 life. [-3]: Destroy target creature. [-8]: Target opponent gets an emblem with "Whenever a player draws a card, you lose 2 life." )

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter, Soul of Innistrad (3BB graveyard ability), Wildfire Devils, Chaos Warp

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ob loses 2 loyalty ctrs (that's what they're called, right?)

Burning Vengeance
FB Sevinne's Reclamation targeting the Geistcaller and because it's cast from the graveyard, it copies itself and I'll target the Rescuer. Sevinne triggers and I'll target the Burnished Hart and Burning Vengeance triggers and I'll deal 2 dmg to Ob
FB Mystic Retrieval to get back Magmaquake, Sevinne triggers and I'll get back Increasing Vengeance, Burning Vengeance triggers and I'll deal 2 dmg to Ob, Geistcaller triggers and creates a Spirit token
Zetalpa, Primal Dawn
Mystic Monastery

Done

Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~) *2 charge ctrs*

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to any target)

(S) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)
(S) Spirit token (1/1, flying)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)
(S) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands, Sevinne's Reclamation, Mystic Retrieval
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(TTTT) Moutain x4

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter, Soul of Innistrad (3BB graveyard ability), Wildfire Devils, Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT: I'll use Soul of Innistrad 's ability to target Plaguecrafter, Wildfire Devils and K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
Response?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Wildfire Devils, Call heads for me, Tails for you

Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Burning Vengeance (Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, ~ deals 2 dmg to any target)

(S) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)
(S) Zetalpa, Primal Dawn (4/8; Flying, double strike, vigilance, trample, indestructible)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Elsha of the Infinite, Izzet Locket, Scaretiller
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands, Sevinne's Reclamation, Mystic Retrieval
Hand: 4
Library: 73
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UUTT) Moutain x4

(S) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When Wildfire Devils enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, In Garruk's Wake, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee, Fiery Temper, Soul of Innistrad

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In Garruk's Wake
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Hand: 4
Library: 73
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UUTT) Moutain x4

(S) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When Wildfire Devils enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, Boneyard Parley, Forgotten Cave Chaos Warp, Ob Nixilis Reignited
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee, Fiery Temper, Soul of Innistrad, In Garruk's Wake