Commander 2019: Spidey (Mystic Intellect) vs Mooseman (Merciless Rage)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, thanks. I think I had that in mind after I thought the protection thing would go through and seeing you had any responses, but NOT having it go through unexpectedly probably threw me for a loop and I forgot it. So I'll sac the Spirit token and give the Geistcaller indestructibility. That's it.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Done

Spidey: 15
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 57
Command Zone (cast once): 2URW Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)

(T) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)
(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)
(T) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~)

(S) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),Burnished Hart, Elsha of the Infinite, Cliffside Rescuer, Scaretiller
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 17
Dmg from commander: 2/21
Hand: 4
Library: 77
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4
(T) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(T) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)
(U) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Fiery Temper, Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Temple of the False God
Sevinne
Responses?

Library: 56
Command Zone (cast twice): 2URW
Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)
(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~)

(U) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)
(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),Burnished Hart, Elsha of the Infinite, Cliffside Rescuer, Scaretiller
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt
===================================================================================
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4
(T) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)
(U) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Fiery Temper, Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add CC to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control five or more lands)

(U) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)
(U) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~)

(U) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)
(S) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),Burnished Hart, Elsha of the Infinite, Scaretiller, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W)
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EOT : Now Thropter
UU
I call tails for the Wildfire Devils

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),Burnished Hart, Elsha of the Infinite, Scaretiller, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W)
Battlefield:

(UUU) Swamp x3
(UUUU) Moutain x4
(U) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(U) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That card is a good counter to this deck. In response, I'll FB Sevinne's Reclamation, which triggers the Geistcaller and Sevinne, targeting the Burnished Hart and Armillary Sphere. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Resolves. Still in response, I'll FB Prismatic Strands and tap the newly created Spirit, naming black. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wait, Sevinne's Reclamation is a Sorcery. I can't use it on your turn :rolleyes: So just the Prismatic Strands and..... I flipped Tails.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, I can cast Fiery Temper targeting your Cliffside Rescuer
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

(T) Spirit token (1/1, flying)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Burnished Hart, Elsha of the Infinite, Scaretiller, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W)
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),
Battlefield:

(UUU) Swamp x3
(UUUU) Moutain x4
(U) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(U) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

Graveyard: Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee, Fiery Temper,

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Arg. No response.

Also arg. I no longer had a Spirit token because I couldn't cast the Reclamation, so I used Geistcaller to FB Prismatic Strands (still naming black) so it should be tapped.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay then.
Lets try Boneyard Parley, targeting
Plaguecrafter
Burnished Hart
Elsha of the Infinite
Scaretiller
Cliffside Rescuer
Response?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Burnished Hart, Elsha of the Infinite, Scaretiller, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Cliffside Rescuer
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control),
Hand: 1
Library: 76
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So as spell resolves, you put them into two piles, one to go into play under my control and the other to go to their GY.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, I misread it. I thought it was the other way around.

Pile 1

Plaguecrafter
Burnished Hart
Scaretiller
Cliffside Rescuer

Pile 2

Elsha the Infinite

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nice one... hmmmmm tough choice. Elsha goes to your GY

Plaguecrafter
Burnished Hart
Scaretiller
Cliffside Rescuer

I'll sac Plaguecrafter to itself
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Sevinne's Reclamation (FB: 4W), Elsha of the Infinite
Hand: 1
Library: 76
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Spiderman ueot)
(S) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(S) Burnished Hart (2/2; 3, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)