Commander 2019: Spidey (Mystic Intellect) vs Mooseman (Merciless Rage)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Exotic Orchard
Wildfire Devils
Response? If none, I call Heads for random player

Spidey: 15
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 69
Command Zone (cast once): 2URW
Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)

(U) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)
(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
(T) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)

Graveyard: Desperate Ravings (FB: 2U), Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum. Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ignite the Future (FB: 7R), Mass Diminish (FB: 3U)
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave (FB: W), Refuse//Cooperate, Mt
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 17
Dmg from commander: 2/21
Library: 79
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Moutain x3
(T) Cinder Barrens (, L, ETB Tapped. T:B or R)
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Fiery Temper, Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter
Exile: Gorgon Recluse, Squee

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oooo. In response, I'll flashback Desperate Ravings, which triggers my commander, targeting me both times. Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, draw 2 and discard Ash Barrens from first, draw 2 and discard Stone Quarry

I assume you're Heads? I flipped Tails :(

Hand: 6
Library: 65
Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(T) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)

(T) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)
(T) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(U) Sevinne, the Chronoclasm (Human Wizard, 2/2, Prevent all damage that would be dealt to Sevinne, the Chronoclasm. Whenever you cast your first instant or sorcery spell from your graveyard each turn, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy)
(T) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(S) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum. Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ignite the Future (FB: 7R), Mass Diminish (FB: 3U), Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings
===================================================================================
Library: 79
Command Zone (cast once): 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Moutain x3
(U) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(U) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)
(T) Exotic Orchard (L, T: Add to your mana pool one mana of any color that a land an opponent controls could produce.)

(U) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)
(S) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Graveyard: Fiery Temper, Terramorphic Expanse, K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth, Plaguecrafter

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay, Mass diminish targeting you
Attack with the Soul
Responses/Blocks?

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

(T) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum. Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ignite the Future (FB: 7R), Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish (FB: 3U),
Library: 78
Battlefield:

(UUT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Moutain x3

(T) Soul of Innistrad (Avatar, 6/6, Deathtouch 3BB: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand. 3BB, Exile Soul of Innistrad from your graveyard: Return up to three target creature cards from your graveyard to your hand.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Actually it would be a 1/1 from Mass Diminish.
But since It was so long ago, i'd like to not attack and Use Geier Reach Sanitarium.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops about the P/T... but it was just last turn! :LOL:

Sure, using the Sanitarium is fine. I draw and discard a Plains

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Draw, a card from Sanitarium, discard Forgotten Cave
Done

Battlefield:

(T,U) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum. Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ignite the Future (FB: 7R), Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish (FB: 3U),
Library: 77
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Moutain x3
(T) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't add my Plains to my graveyard! :LOL:

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Thalia's Geistcaller
Responses?

Library: 63
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Izzet Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Highland Lake (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Boros Guildgate (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add R or W to my mana pool)
(U) Swiftwater Cliffs (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, I gain 1 life.; T: Add U or R to my mana pool)
(U) Izzet Boilerworks (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, return a land I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add UR to my mana pool)

(U) Izzet Locket (T: Add U or R to my mana pool.; U/R, U/R, U/R, U/R, T, Sac ~: Draw 2 cards)
(U) Sol Ring (T: Add CC to my mana pool)

(U) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(U) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)
(S) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum. Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ignite the Future (FB: 7R), Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Moutain x3
(T) Geier Reach Sanitarium (, LL, T:<> 2,T:Each player draws a card and discards a card.)
(T) Rix Maadi, Dungeon Palace (, L, T:1. 1RB,T: Each player discards a card, play only when you can play a sorcery.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Exile Burnished Hart, Prismatic Strands, Elsha of the Infinite, Mt, Exotic Orchard, Empowered Autogenerator

Exotic Orchard
Elsha of the Infinite
Look at the top card of my library
Burnished Hart
Empowered Autogenerator
Prismatic Strands, naming black

Done

Library: 57
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)

(T) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~)

(U) Scaretiller (1/4; Whenever ~ becomes tapped, choose one: I may put a land from my hand onto the battlefield tapped OR Return target land card from my graveyard to the battlefield tapped.)
(U) Cliffside Rescuer (2/2; Vigilance; T, Sac ~: Target permanent I control gains from Mooseman ueot)
(S) Thalia's Geistcaller (3/1; Lifelink; Whenever I cast a spell from my graveyard, create a 1/1 white Spirit creature token w/flying.; Sac a Spirit: ~ gains indestructible ueot)
(S) Spirit creature token (1/1; Flying)
(S) Elsha of the Infinite (3/3; Prowess; I may look at the top card of my library any time.; I may cast the top card of my library if it's a nonland, noncreature card, and I may cast it as though it had flash)
(S) Burnished Hart (2/2; 3, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control)
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTT) Moutain x3

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wow, that deck is going off for you
UUD
MT
In Garruk's Wake
Response?

Library: 57
Battlefield:

(T,T) Plains x2
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Exotic Orchard (T: Add one mana of any color that a land Mooseman controls could produce)

(T) Empowered Autogenerator (~ ETB tapped.; T: Put a charge ctr on ~. Add X mana of any one color to my mana pool, where X is the # of charge ctrs on ~)

(S) Spirit creature token (1/1; Flying)
(S) Elsha of the Infinite (3/3; Prowess; I may look at the top card of my library any time.; I may cast the top card of my library if it's a nonland, noncreature card, and I may cast it as though it had flash)
(S) Burnished Hart (2/2; 3, Sac ~: Search my library for up to two basic land cards, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle my library)

Graveyard: Magmaquake, Leadership Vacuum, Evolving Wilds, Mandate of Peace, Island, Armillary Sphere, Ash Barrens, Stone Quarry, Plains, Prismatic Strands (FB: Tap an untapped white creature I control)
Exile: Deep Analysis, Purify the Grave, Refuse//Cooperate, Mt, Desperate Ravings, Mass Diminish, Ignite the Future, Mt
Battlefield:

(UTT) Swamp x3
(UTTT) Moutain x4

(U) Wildfire Devils (Devil, 4/2, When ~ enters the battlefield and at the beginning of your upkeep, choose a player at random. That player exiles an instant or sorcery card from their graveyard. Copy that card. You may cast the copy without paying its mana cost.)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Not sure the Rescuer works that way..... Target permanent you control gets protection from each opponent until end of turn, It can't dealt be dealt damage, enchanted, equipped, blocked or targeted by anything controlled by those players.

When a permanent is destroyed, it is moved from the battlefield to its owner’s graveyard.
In Garruk's Wake doesn't target, deal damage equip, block or enchant any of your permenents

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, the mnemonic was "DEBT" for damaged, enchanted, blocked, targeted, but then equipment became a thing...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So, just to point things out, since you didn't get to do your protection thing..... the Geistcaller can become indestructible