Commander 2019: Spidey (Merciless Rage) vs Mooseman (Faceless Menace)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It turns out not all of the cards have been released yet so not sure what some of the cards in my hand do :rolleyes: So we'll hold off until they get released :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It turns out not all of the cards have been released yet so not sure what some of the cards in my hand do :rolleyes: So we'll hold off until they get released :)
That's a strange way to put it. Technically none of the cards have been released because the release date for this product is not until Friday next week. But 100% of the cards have been publicly revealed, so you should be able to know what they do...

Copy/pasted from MTG Wiki...

The new cards in the deck are:
  1. Aeon Engine
  2. Anje Falkenrath
  3. Anje's Ravager
  4. Archfiend of Spite
  5. Bloodthirsty Blade
  6. Bone Miser
  7. Chainer, Nightmare Adept
  8. Curse of Fool's Wisdom
  9. Greven, Predator Captain
  10. K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth
  11. Hate Mirage
  12. Mire in Misery
  13. Nightmare Unmaking
  14. Sanctum of Eternity
  15. Scaretiller
  16. Skyfire Phoenix
  17. Wildfire Devils
Edit: Occurred to me after I posted that you might not be finding those new cards on the Gatherer website specifically. If that's the case, I recommend using Scryfall instead. The cards can also be found in other places, including the official Card Image Gallery.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was checking the official Card Image Gallery but I assumed the wrong color designation for a card so when I looked under the color I thought it was, it wasn't there so I thought it hadn't been released yet. :rolleyes: Oops. So I guess we can start after all.

Draw 7, keep.

Memorial to Folly, Done

Spidey: 20
Dmg from commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 92
Command Zone: 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(T) Memorial to Folly (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; 2B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard:
Exile:
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 20
Hand: 7
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I still have trouble finding one of the cards..... I'lll keep looking.
Draw 7, keep.
Draw
Thornwood Falls
Done

Command Zone: 1BR Anje Falkenrath (1/3; Haste; T, Discard a card: Draw a card.; Whenever I discard a card, if it has madness, untap ~)
Battlefield:

(T) Memorial to Folly (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; 2B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard:
Exile:
===================================================================================
Mooseman: 21
Library: 91
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Thornwood Falls (, L, ETB Tapped. ETB gain 1 life. T:G or U)
Graveyard:
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Mt
Zombie Infestation

Done

Hand: 5
Battlefield:

(T) Mt

Zombie Infestation (Discard two cards: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

Graveyard:
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Forest
FarSeek getting an Swamp

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Mt

Zombie Infestation (Discard two cards: Put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield)

Graveyard:
Exile:
Library: 88
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

Graveyard: Farseek
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Evolving Wilds
Use it to get a Swamp

Done

Library: 89
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) Memorial to Folly (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; 2B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds
Exile:
Library: 88
Command Zone:
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Forest

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Myriad Landscape
Cultivate for a Forest and Ilsand
Done

Library: 89
Battlefield:

(U) Mt
(T) Swamp
(U) Memorial to Folly (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B to my mana pool.; 2B, T, Sac ~: Return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds
Exile:
Library: 86
Command Zone:1BGU Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer (Naga Wizard, 3/3, The first face-down creature you cast each turn costs 3 less to cast. Whenever a face-down creature ETB under your control, draw a card.)
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T) Myriad Landscape (, L, ETB tapped. T:1. 2T, sac ~:Search your library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.)

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Terramorphic Expanse
Use it to get a Mt

Done

Library: 87
Battlefield:

(U,T) Mt x2
(U) Swamp

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Terramorphoc Expanse
Exile:
Command Zone:1BGU Kadena, Slinking Sorcerer (Naga Wizard, 3/3, The first face-down creature you cast each turn costs 3 less to cast. Whenever a face-down creature ETB under your control, draw a card.)
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(T) Forest
(T) Myriad Landscape (, L, ETB tapped. T:1. 2T, sac ~:Search your library for up to two basic land cards that share a land type, put them onto the battlefield tapped, then shuffle your library.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Forest
Scroll of Fate
Use the Scroll
Sac the Myriad Landscape to get two Forests
Done

Library: 87
Battlefield:

(U,T) Mt x2
(U) Swamp

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Terramorphoc Expanse
Exile:
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(TTTT) Forest x4

(T) Scroll of Fate (A , T: Manifest a card from your hand. (Put that card onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for it's mana cost if it's a creature card.))

(S) Facedown Creature (2/2)

Graveyard: Farseek, Cultivate, Myriad Landscape
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So much mana....

EOT, use the Infestation and discard Squee-Goblin Nabob and Sanitarium Skeleton to create a Zombie token

Untap, upkeep - return Squee to my hand, Draw

Command Tower
The Eldest Reborn, putting a lore ctr on it as it ETB
First chapter thus triggers, causing your face down creature to be sacced
Attack with the Zombie for 2

Done

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, R])

The Eldest Reborn (I-Each opponent sacs a creature or planeswalker.; II-Each opponent discards a card.; III-Put target creature or planewalker card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control) *1 lore ctr*

(T) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Evolving Wilds, Terramorphic Expanse, Sanitarium Skeleton
Exile:
Mooseman: 19
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Island
(TTTT) Forest x4

(T) Scroll of Fate (A , T: Manifest a card from your hand. (Put that card onto the battlefield face down as a 2/2 creature. Turn it face up any time for it's mana cost if it's a creature card.))

Graveyard: Farseek, Cultivate, Myriad Landscape, Facedown creature
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I still have trouble finding one of the cards..... I'lll keep looking.
Did you figure this part out? If not, PM me and I'll look for it myself. I'm supposed to play one of these new precons in a week or so and I need to learn more about them anyway...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Did you figure this part out? If not, PM me and I'll look for it myself. I'm supposed to play one of these new precons in a week or so and I need to learn more about them anyway...
Yeah, it was just the limited access I have at work. Can't see any of the game sites (gatherer, magicessentials, TCG) have to go with images... Scroll of Fate was the tough one.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
So much mana....
and nothing to do with it
Thelonite Hermit was the face down card.
UUD
Scroll
Done

Hand: 3
Battlefield:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(T) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, R])

The Eldest Reborn (I-Each opponent sacs a creature or planeswalker.; II-Each opponent discards a card.; III-Put target creature or planewalker card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control) *1 lore ctr*

(T) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Exile:
Library: 81
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Thornwood Falls (, L, ETB Tapped. ETB gain 1 life. T:G or U)

Graveyard: Farseek, Cultivate, Myriad Landscape, Thelonite Hermit
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You have almost a full hand!

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Put a lore ctr on the Reborn, it triggers and you discard a card
Attack with the Zombie
Responses/blocks/take it?

Hand: 4
Library: 85
Battlefield:

(U,U) Mt x2
(U) Swamp
(U) Command Tower (T: Add one mana of any color in my commander's color identity [B, R])

The Eldest Reborn (I-Each opponent sacs a creature or planeswalker.; II-Each opponent discards a card.; III-Put target creature or planewalker card from a graveyard onto the battlefield under my control) *2 lore ctr*

(T,A) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Exile:
Hand: 6 - 5
Library: 81
Battlefield:

(U) Swamp
(U) Island
(UUUU) Forest x4
(U) Thornwood Falls (, L, ETB Tapped. ETB gain 1 life. T:G or U)

Graveyard: Farseek, Cultivate, Myriad Landscape, Thelonite Hermit, card from hand
Exile: