Commander 2017: Spidey (Draconic Domination) vs Mooseman (Feline Ferocity)

Spiderman

CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant
Staff member
Aw... ;)

Orator of Ojutai, drawing a card
Dragonlord's Servant
Mystic Monastery

Done

Spidey: 20
Damage from commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 81
Command Zone: 4WUBRG The Ur-Dragon (Legendary Creature-Dragon Avatar; 10/10; Eminence-As long as ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast.; Flying; Whenever one or more Dragons I control attack, draw that many cards, then I may put a permanent card from my hand onto the battlefield)
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Vivid Meadow (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctr*
(U) Vivid Creek (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(U) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(T) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

Elemental Bond (Whenever a creature with power 3 or greater ETB under my control, draw a card)

(T) Wasitora, Nekoru Queen (5/4; Flying, trample; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, that player sacs a creature. If the player can't, I create a 3/3 black, red, and green Cat Dragon creature token w/flying.;
(U) Rat (1/1, Deathtouch)
(T) Silumgar, the Drifting Death (3/7; Flying, hexproof; Whenever a Dragon I control attacks, creatures defending player controls get -1/-1 ueot)
(S) Orator of Ojuatai (0/4; As an additional cost to cast ~, I may reveal a Dragon card from my hand; Defender, flying; When ~ ETB, if I revealed a Dragon card or controlled a Dragon as I cast this, draw a card)
(S) Dragonlord's Servant (1/3; Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast)

Graveyard: Wayfarer's Bauble, Herald's Horn
Exile:
==================================================================================================
Mooseman: 8
Hand: 3
Library: 85
Command Zone:3GW Arahbo, Roar of the World (Legendary Creature — Cat Avatar, 5/5, Eminence — At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Arahbo, Roar of the World is in the command zone or on the battlefield, another target Cat you control gets +3/+3 until end of turn. Whenever another Cat you control attacks, you may pay 1GW. If you do, it gains trample and gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is its power.)
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Path of Ancestry (, L, ETB tapped. T:Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1.)
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (, L, Gate: ETB Tapped, T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Grove (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add G to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Grove: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) ~2 charges~
(T) Blossoming Sands (, L, ETB Tapped and gain 1 life. T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)

Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip {1} )
Bloodforged Battle-Axe (, EQ, Equipped creature gets +2/+0.Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, create a token that's a copy of Bloodforged Battle-Axe. Equip 2)

(U) Kemba, Kha Regent (Legendary Creature - Cat Cleric, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 2/2 white Cat creature token onto the battlefield for each Equipment attached to ~.) ~Fast~
(S) Qasali Slingers (Cat Warrior, 3/5, Reach. Whenever Qasali Slingers or another Cat enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.)

Graveyard: Hungry Lynx
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Create a cat
Hammer of Nazahn attach it to the Slingers
Done

Library: 81
Command Zone: 4WUBRG The Ur-Dragon (Legendary Creature-Dragon Avatar; 10/10; Eminence-As long as ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast.; Flying; Whenever one or more Dragons I control attack, draw that many cards, then I may put a permanent card from my hand onto the battlefield)
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Vivid Meadow (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctr*
(U) Vivid Creek (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(U) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)

Elemental Bond (Whenever a creature with power 3 or greater ETB under my control, draw a card)

(T) Wasitora, Nekoru Queen (5/4; Flying, trample; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, that player sacs a creature. If the player can't, I create a 3/3 black, red, and green Cat Dragon creature token w/flying.;
(T) Silumgar, the Drifting Death (3/7; Flying, hexproof; Whenever a Dragon I control attacks, creatures defending player controls get -1/-1 ueot)
(S) Orator of Ojuatai (0/4; As an additional cost to cast ~, I may reveal a Dragon card from my hand; Defender, flying; When ~ ETB, if I revealed a Dragon card or controlled a Dragon as I cast this, draw a card)
(S) Dragonlord's Servant (1/3; Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast)

Exile:
==================================================================================================
Library: 84
Command Zone:3GW Arahbo, Roar of the World (Legendary Creature — Cat Avatar, 5/5, Eminence — At the beginning of combat on your turn, if Arahbo, Roar of the World is in the command zone or on the battlefield, another target Cat you control gets +3/+3 until end of turn. Whenever another Cat you control attacks, you may pay 1GW. If you do, it gains trample and gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is its power.)
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Path of Ancestry (, L, ETB tapped. T:Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1.)
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (, L, Gate: ETB Tapped, T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(T) Vivid Grove (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add G to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Grove: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) ~2 charges~
(U) Blossoming Sands (, L, ETB Tapped and gain 1 life. T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)

Bloodforged Battle-Axe (, EQ, Equipped creature gets +2/+0.Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, create a token that's a copy of Bloodforged Battle-Axe. Equip 2)
Hammer of Nazahn (Legendary EQ, Whenever ~ or another Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach that Equipment to target creature you control. Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has indestructible. Equip 4)

(U) Kemba, Kha Regent (Legendary Creature - Cat Cleric, 2/4, At the beginning of your upkeep, put a 2/2 white Cat creature token onto the battlefield for each Equipment attached to ~.) ~Fast~
(U) Qasali Slingers (Cat Warrior,5/5, Reach. Whenever Qasali Slingers or another Cat enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.)~Hammered~
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Spiderman

Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Boneyard Scourge, drawing a card
Monastery Siege, naming Dragons
Swamp

Done

Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Swamp
(T) Vivid Meadow (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(T) Savage Lands (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)
(U) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

Monastery Siege (As ~ ETB, choose Khans or Dragons [Dragons]; Khans-At the beginning of my upkeep, return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand.; Dragons-Spells that Mooseman casts that target me or a permanent I control cost 2 more to cast)

(U) Wasitora, Nekoru Queen (5/4; Flying, trample; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, that player sacs a creature. If the player can't, I create a 3/3 black, red, and green Cat Dragon creature token w/flying.;
(U) Silumgar, the Drifting Death (3/7; Flying, hexproof; Whenever a Dragon I control attacks, creatures defending player controls get -1/-1 ueot)
(U) Orator of Ojuatai (0/4; As an additional cost to cast ~, I may reveal a Dragon card from my hand; Defender, flying; When ~ ETB, if I revealed a Dragon card or controlled a Dragon as I cast this, draw a card)
(U) Dragonlord's Servant (1/3; Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast)
(S) Boneyard Scourge (4/3; Flying; Whenever another Dragon I control dies while ~ is in my graveyard, I may pay 1B. If I do, return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)

Exile:
Library: 84
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(U) Blossoming Sands (, L, ETB Tapped and gain 1 life. T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)

Hammer of Nazahn (Legendary EQ, Whenever ~ or another Equipment enters the battlefield under your control, you may attach that Equipment to target creature you control. Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has indestructible. Equip 4)

(U) Qasali Slingers (Cat Warrior,5/5, Reach. Whenever Qasali Slingers or another Cat enters the battlefield under your control, you may destroy target artifact or enchantment.)~Hammered~
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Vivid Meadow

Done

Library: 79
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(U) Swamp
(T) Vivid Meadow (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add W to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool)
(U) Mystic Monastery (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add U, R, or W to my mana pool)

Monastery Siege (As ~ ETB, choose Khans or Dragons [Dragons]; Khans-At the beginning of my upkeep, return target creature card from my graveyard to my hand.; Dragons-Spells that Mooseman casts that target me or a permanent I control cost 2 more to cast)

(U) Wasitora, Nekoru Queen (5/4; Flying, trample; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to a player, that player sacs a creature. If the player can't, I create a 3/3 black, red, and green Cat Dragon creature token w/flying.;
(U) Silumgar, the Drifting Death (3/7; Flying, hexproof; Whenever a Dragon I control attacks, creatures defending player controls get -1/-1 ueot)
(U) Orator of Ojuatai (0/4; As an additional cost to cast ~, I may reveal a Dragon card from my hand; Defender, flying; When ~ ETB, if I revealed a Dragon card or controlled a Dragon as I cast this, draw a card)
(S) Boneyard Scourge (4/3; Flying; Whenever another Dragon I control dies while ~ is in my graveyard, I may pay 1B. If I do, return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)

Exile:
Library: 83
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Path of Ancestry (, L, ETB tapped. T:Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1.)
(U) Selesnya Guildgate (, L, Gate: ETB Tapped, T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(U) Vivid Grove (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add G to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Grove: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) ~2 charges~
(T) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it.T: Add W to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Spiderman

Staff member
I think you get another Cat token from Khemba

Untap, upkeep, Draw

The Ur-Dragon
Responses?

Library: 78
Command Zone (cast once): 4WUBRG
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Vivid Creek (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*

(U) Boneyard Scourge (4/3; Flying; Whenever another Dragon I control dies while ~ is in my graveyard, I may pay 1B. If I do, return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)
(S) The Ur-Dragon (Legendary Creature-Dragon Avatar; 10/10; Eminence-As long as ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast.; Flying; Whenever one or more Dragons I control attack, draw that many cards, then I may put a permanent card from my hand onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Path of Ancestry (, L, ETB tapped. T:Add one mana of any color in your commander's color identity. When that mana is spent to cast a creature spell that shares a creature type with your commander, scry 1.)
(U) Selesnya Guildgate (, L, Gate: ETB Tapped, T: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool.)
(U) Vivid Grove (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it. T: Add G to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Grove: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.) ~2 charges~
(T) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it.T: Add W to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Spiderman

Staff member
Attack with Silumgar, drawing a card and putting Frontier Bivouac on the battlefield.
Responses/blocks/take it?

Library: 77
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T) Mt
(T) Swamp
(T) Vivid Creek (~ ETB tapped w/two charge ctrs on it.; T: Add U to my mana pool.; T, Remove a charge ctr from ~: Add one mana of any color to my mana pool) *1 charge ctrs*
(T) Frontier Bivouac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)

(T,A) Silumgar, the Drifting Death (3/7; Flying, hexproof; Whenever a Dragon I control attacks, creatures defending player controls get -1/-1 ueot)
(U) Boneyard Scourge (4/3; Flying; Whenever another Dragon I control dies while ~ is in my graveyard, I may pay 1B. If I do, return ~ from my graveyard to the battlefield)
(S) The Ur-Dragon (Legendary Creature-Dragon Avatar; 10/10; Eminence-As long as ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast.; Flying; Whenever one or more Dragons I control attack, draw that many cards, then I may put a permanent card from my hand onto the battlefield)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Spiderman

Staff member
"That attack was ineffective!" :p

Mt

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Swamp

Exile:
Battlefield:

(U) Forest

(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UU
Cat token

Done

Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,U) Mt x2
(T) Swamp

Exile:
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it.T: Add W to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Spiderman

Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Earthquake for 8
Responses/game?

Library: 76
Battlefield:

(T) Forest
(T) Island
(T,T) Mt x2
(T) Swamp
(U) Frontier Bivouac (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G, U, or R to my mana pool)

(U) The Ur-Dragon (Legendary Creature-Dragon Avatar; 10/10; Eminence-As long as ~ is in the command zone or on the battlefield, other Dragon spells I cast cost 1 less to cast.; Flying; Whenever one or more Dragons I control attack, draw that many cards, then I may put a permanent card from my hand onto the battlefield)

Graveyard: Wayfarer's Bauble, Herald's Horn, Earthquake
Exile:
Library: 82
Battlefield:

(U) Forest
(U) Vivid Meadow (, L, ETB tapped with two charge counters on it.T: Add W to your mana pool.T, Remove a charge counter from Vivid Meadow: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool.)

(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(U) Cat Token (2/2)
(S) Cat Token (2/2)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Yep. I had Wing Shards, but you only cast 1 spell.
Thank god that one is over, I had lots of high casting cards and few lands...…. You had the flying army going for little mana.

Spiderman

Staff member
Good game!

Yeah, I was surprised at how fast they came out, although you had a slow start too so I was able to build up a little. But like a dummy, I forgot about my commander's command zone ability and could have cast some a little earlier :rolleyes:

Onto the next!