Commander 2014: Spidey (Sworn to Darkness) vs Mooseman (Built From Scratch)

R

rokapoke

The Mind Stone should return to your hand at end of turn too, right?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it goes back to the battlefield due to the emblem. I'll put it there.

EOT, Tendrils of Corruption on Feldon for 5. Responses?
Spidey: 36
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 6
Library: 81
Commander Zone: * Already cast once* 3BB Ob Nixilist of the Black Oath (Planewalker; Loyalty 3;
+2: Each opponent loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the amt of life lost this way
-2: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token w/flying onto the battlefield. I lose 2 life
-8: I get an emblem with "1B, Sac a creature: I gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the sacced creature's power")
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U) Swamp x5

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 57
Emblem Zone: "Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step
Hand: 4
Library: 69
Commander Zone: 3R
Battlefield:

(TTTT) MT x4
(T) Buried Ruin (, L, T:1. 2, T, Sacrifice Buried Ruin: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(T) Fire Diamond ( ~ ETB tapped. T: Add R )
(T) Pristine Talisman ( T: 1. You gain 1 life.)
(T) Phyrexia's Core (,L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: You gain 1 life. )
(T) Darksteel Citadel (AL, Indestructible T: Add 1)
(T) Great Furnace (, AL, {T}: Add {R} to your mana pool.)

Spine of Ish Sah (When ~ ETB, destroy target permanent. When ~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Spine of Ish Sah to its owner's hand. )
(U) Mind Stone (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1, T, Sac ~: Draw a card)

(S) Feldon of the Third Path (, 2/3, 2}{R}, {T}: Put a token onto the battlefield that's a copy of target creature card in your graveyard, except it's an artifact in addition to its other types. It gains haste. Sacrifice it at the beginning of the next end step.)
(S) Bottle Gnomes (, 1/3, Sacrifice Bottle Gnomes: Gain 3 life.)
(T) Goblin Welder (, 1/1, tap: Exchange target artifact a player controls for target artifact card in that player's graveyard.)
(T) Junk Diver (, 1/1, Flying When Junk Diver is put into a graveyard from play, return another target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. )
Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planes Walker, loyalty = 7
+2: Discard up to two cards, then draw that many cards.
−2: Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
−10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step. )

Graveyard: Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere,Unstable Obelisk, Mountain, Cathodion, Junk Diver, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Such a futile gesture on my part :D

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp
Phyrexian Gargantua

Done

Spidey: 39
Hand: 7
Library: 78
Commander Zone: * Already cast once* 3BB Ob Nixilist of the Black Oath (Planewalker; Loyalty 3;
+2: Each opponent loses 1 life. I gain life equal to the amt of life lost this way
-2: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token w/flying onto the battlefield. I lose 2 life
-8: I get an emblem with "1B, Sac a creature: I gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the sacced creature's power")
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x6

(S) Phyrexian Gargantua (4/4; When ~ ETB, I draw 2 cards and I lose 2 life)

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption
Exile:
Mooseman: 57
Emblem Zone: "Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step
Library: 69
Battlefield:

(TTTT) MT x4
(T) Buried Ruin (, L, T:1. 2, T, Sacrifice Buried Ruin: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(T) Phyrexia's Core (,L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: You gain 1 life. )

Spine of Ish Sah (When ~ ETB, destroy target permanent. When ~ is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, return Spine of Ish Sah to its owner's hand. )

(T) Goblin Welder (, 1/1, tap: Exchange target artifact a player controls for target artifact card in that player's graveyard.)
(T) Junk Diver (, 1/1, Flying When Junk Diver is put into a graveyard from play, return another target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. )
−2: Sacrifice an artifact. If you do, return target artifact card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
−10: You get an emblem with "Whenever an artifact is put into your graveyard from the battlefield, return that card to the battlefield at the beginning of the next end step. )

Graveyard: Mind Stone, Commander's Sphere,Unstable Obelisk, Mountain, Cathodion, Junk Diver, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Tap Wielder to exchange Spine for Cathodion
Cast the Spine and destroy Phyrexian
Sac Mind stone to draw

Disacard Palladium Myr and Loreseekers Stonecave to Daretti, draw
Attack for 2
Beetleback Chief and Spitebellows (gain 1 life from Talisman)
Sac gnomes
EOT: get Gnomes and stone back

Spidey: 37
Hand: 7
Library: 78
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x6

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua
Exile:
Mooseman: 61
Library: 65
Battlefield:

(UTTT) MT x4

(S) Cathodion (, 3/3, When Cathodion is put into a graveyard from play, add three colorless mana to your mana pool.)
(S) Beetleback Chief (, 2/2, When Beetleback Chief enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield.)
(S) Goblin Token (1/1)
(S) Goblin Token (1/1)
(S) Spitebellows (, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature. Evoke 1RR)
Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planes Walker, loyalty = 9

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere,Unstable Obelisk, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Palladium Myr
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This must be that non-interactivity that's talked about in the mulligan thread :D

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Charcoal Diamond
Mutilitate

Responses?

Library: 77
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x6

(T) Charcoal Diamond (T: Add B to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate
Exile:
Mooseman: 61
Battlefield:

(UTTT) MT x4

(S) Cathodion (, 3/3, When Cathodion is put into a graveyard from play, add three colorless mana to your mana pool.)
(S) Beetleback Chief (, 2/2, When Beetleback Chief enters the battlefield, put two 1/1 red Goblin creature tokens onto the battlefield.)
(S) Goblin Token (1/1)
(S) Goblin Token (1/1)
(S) Spitebellows (, 6/1, When Spitebellows leaves play, it deals 6 damage to target creature. Evoke 1RR)

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere,Unstable Obelisk, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Palladium Myr
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL. Yep, that is Mutilate. So you gain 3, I'm done and all your artifacts return to the battlefield

Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x6

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate
Exile:
Mooseman: 64
Battlefield:

(UTTT) MT x4

(S) Junk Diver (, 1/1, Flying When Junk Diver is put into a graveyard from play, return another target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. )

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere,Unstable Obelisk, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Palladium Myr, Goblin Welder, Beetleback Chief, Spitebellows
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In your main, Sac Mind Stone to draw
UUD
MT
Attack for 4
Sac Spine for Daretti get Obelisk into play
Sacr Obelisk to destroy Diamond
sac gnomes for 3 life
cast Worm coil
EOT get stuff back
Done

Spidey: 34
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x6

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate,
Exile:
Library: 63
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) MT x5
(U) Pristine Talisman ( T: 1. You gain 1 life.)
(U) Phyrexia's Core (,L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: You gain 1 life. )
(U) Great Furnace (, AL, {T}: Add {R} to your mana pool.)
(U) Unstable Obelisk (, A, T: Add 1. 7T, Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent. )

(T) Cathodion (, 3/3, When Cathodion is put into a graveyard from play, add three colorless mana to your mana pool.)
(S) Wurmcoil Engine (, A, Deathtouch, lifelink. When Wurmcoil Engine is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield. )

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere,Unstable Obelisk, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Palladium Myr, Goblin Welder, Beetleback Chief, Spitebellows
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Swamp
Overseer of the Damned, targeting the Cathodion

Done
Spidey: 34
Hand: 5
Library: 76
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x7

(S) Overseer of the Damned (5/5; Flying; When ~ ETB, I may destroy a creature.; Whenever a nontoken creature Mooseman controls dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped)
(T) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate, Charcoal Diamond
Exile:
Library: 63
Battlefield:

(UUTTT) MT x5
(U) Phyrexia's Core (,L, T: Add 1 to your mana pool. 1, T, Sacrifice an artifact: You gain 1 life. )
(U) Unstable Obelisk (, A, T: Add 1. 7T, Sacrifice Unstable Obelisk: Destroy target permanent. )

(T) Cathodion (, 3/3, When Cathodion is put into a graveyard from play, add three colorless mana to your mana pool.)
(S) Wurmcoil Engine (, A, Deathtouch, lifelink. When Wurmcoil Engine is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield. )

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In your main: Sac Mind stone to draw a card and Gnomes to gain life
UUD
MT
Sac Spine for Daretti's ability
retrun Palladiun Myr
Cast spine to destroy Overseer
Attack for 11
Sac Gnomes for 3 life

Done
Spidey: 23
Library: 76
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T) Swamp x7

(T) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate, Charcoal Diamond, Overseer of the Damned
Exile:
Mooseman: 76
Library: 61
Battlefield:

(UUTTTT) MT x6

(T) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6, A, Deathtouch, lifelink. When Wurmcoil Engine is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield. )
(S) Palladium Myr (2/2, T:2 mana)

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planes Walker, loyalty = 5

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Palladium Myr, Goblin Welder, Beetleback Chief, Spitebellows
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swamp
Done

Spidey: 23
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x8

(U) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate, Charcoal Diamond, Overseer of the Damned
Exile:
Mooseman: 76
Library: 61
Battlefield:

(UUTTTT) MT x6

(T) Wurmcoil Engine (6/6, A, Deathtouch, lifelink. When Wurmcoil Engine is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with deathtouch and a 3/3 colorless Wurm artifact creature token with lifelink onto the battlefield. )
(S) Palladium Myr (2/2, T:2 mana)

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Goblin Welder, Beetleback Chief, Spitebellows
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In your main: Sac Mind stone to draw a card and Gnomes to gain life, tap Core for a life
UUD
MT
retrun Myr Sire
Cast spine to destroy zombie

Swiftboots
Attack for 13
Sac Gnomes for 3 life
Done

Spidey: 10
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x8

(U) Zombie creature token (2/2)

Exile:
Mooseman: 89
Library: 59
Battlefield:

(UUTTTT) MT x6

(T) Palladium Myr (2/2, T:2 mana)
(S) Myr Sire (, 1/1, When Myr Sire is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield.)

Graveyard: Commander's Sphere, Mountain, Blasphemous Act, Reliquary Tower, Liquimetal Coating, Forgotten cave, Feldon of the Third Path, Goblin Welder, Beetleback Chief, Spitebellows
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yay! It's almost over! :D

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Done

Library: 74
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x8

Exile:
Mooseman: 89
Battlefield:

(UUTTTT) MT x6

(S) Myr Sire (, 1/1, When Myr Sire is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield.)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
In your main: Sac Mind stone to draw a card and Gnomes to gain life, tap Core for a life
UUD

retrun Liquimetal Coating
Cast spine to destroy a swamp
Attack with all
Response?

Library: 74
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Swamp x7

Graveyard: Raving Dead, Crypt Ghast, Skirsdag High Priest, Nantuko Shade, Abyssal Persecutor, Swamp, Evernight Shade, Swamp, Tendrils of Corruption, Phyrexian Gargantua, Mutilate, Charcoal Diamond, Overseer of the Damned, Swamp
Exile:
Mooseman: 93
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) MT x6
(U) Buried Ruin (, L, T:1. 2, T, Sacrifice Buried Ruin: Return target artifact card from your graveyard to your hand. )
(U) Fire Diamond ( ~ ETB tapped. T: Add R )
(U) Darksteel Citadel (AL, Indestructible T: Add 1)
(U) Liquimetal Coating (T: Target permanent becomes an artifact in addition to it's other types until EOT)

(T) Bottle Gnomes (, 1/3, Sacrifice Bottle Gnomes: Gain 3 life.)
(T) Myr Sire (, 1/1, When Myr Sire is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, put a 1/1 colorless Myr artifact creature token onto the battlefield.)

Daretti, Scrap Savant (Planes Walker, loyalty = 3

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
In response to the Spine's ability, I'll tap it for mana.

Tap out for Wake the Dead for 6, targeting everyone but the High Priest.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
ETB triggers: I draw 2 cards and lose 2 life from Gargantua, and target the Wurmcoil Engine with the Overseer. Responses to any?