Commander 2014: Spidey (Forged In Stone) vs Mooseman (Sworn to Darkness)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I did have 2 untapped swamps (Æther Snap was 5)
Spoils of Blood
Tap the Priest and horror t0 get a demon
done

Spidey: 40
Dmg from Commander: 0/21
Hand: 4
Library: 83
Commander Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (3; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5
(T) Emeria, the Sky Ruin (~ ETB tapped.; At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control 7 or more Plains, I may return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield.; T: Add W to my mana pool)
(T) Karoo (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I return an untapped Plains I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add 1W to my mana pool)

(U) Loxodon Warhammer (Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and has trample and lifelink.; Equip 3)

(U) Skyhunter Skirmisher (4/1; Trample; Lifelink from Warhammer; Flying; Doublestrike) *Equipped w/Warhammer*

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel
Exile:
============================================================================
Mooseman: 38
Hand: 3
Library: 82
Commander Zone:3BB Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (, 3, +2: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
−2: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. You lose 2 life.
−8: You get an emblem with "1Black, Sacrifice a creature: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.")
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Swamp x6
(T) Ghost Quarter ( T: Add 1. T, Sacrifice Ghost Quarter: Destroy target land. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library. )

(T) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn. )
(U) Overseer of the Damned (Demon, 5/5, Flying When Overseer of the Damned enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature.
Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped. )
(S) Demon Token (5/5, Flying)
(T) Horror Token (5/5)

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hold up. If I understand AEther Snap correctly, only Nahiri went to the graveyard due to his counters being removed and he's not a creature but a Planeswalker. All of my tokens and yours got exiled, so no creatures went to the graveyard to use Spoils of Blood, correct?

In addition, to use the Priest's ability, you have to tap him *and* two other untapped creatures, correct?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okay you are correct. (Exile tokens? )
So I'll still cast Æther Snap
But not Spoils
I get nothing from the planeswalker since it's not a creature and it never went to GY (replaced by going to commander zone)
Not as good, but oh well
I'll evoke cast Shriekmaw to target your Skyhunter
Done

Commander Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (3; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,U,U) Plains x5
(T) Emeria, the Sky Ruin (~ ETB tapped.; At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control 7 or more Plains, I may return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield.; T: Add W to my mana pool)
(T) Karoo (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I return an untapped Plains I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add 1W to my mana pool)

(U) Loxodon Warhammer (Equipped creature gets +3/+0 and has trample and lifelink.; Equip 3)

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher
Exile:
Commander Zone:3BB Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (, 3, +2: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
−2: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. You lose 2 life.
−8: You get an emblem with "1Black, Sacrifice a creature: You gain X life and draw X cards, where X is the sacrificed creature's power.")
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Swamp x6
(T) Ghost Quarter ( T: Add 1. T, Sacrifice Ghost Quarter: Destroy target land. Its controller may search his or her library for a basic land card, put it into play, then shuffle his or her library. )

(U) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn. )
(U) Overseer of the Damned (Demon, 5/5, Flying When Overseer of the Damned enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature.
Whenever a nontoken creature an opponent controls dies, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped. )
(S) Zombie token (2/2)

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yay.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains

Done
Commander Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (3; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander) *Already cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x6
(U) Emeria, the Sky Ruin (~ ETB tapped.; At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control 7 or more Plains, I may return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield.; T: Add W to my mana pool)
(U) Karoo (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I return an untapped Plains I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add 1W to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher
Exile:
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Swamp x6

(U) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn. )
(S) Zombie token (2/2)

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Attack for 8
1 and tap Ghost quarter to destroy Emeria
You get a plains from your library into play (You need to shuffle)
Ob Nixilis
uSE ITS ABILITY
Done
Spidey: 31
Commander Zone: 3WW Nahiri, the Lithomancer (3; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander) *Already cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(U,U,U,U,U,U, U) Plains x7
(U) (~ ETB tapped.; At the beginning of my upkeep, if I control 7 or more Plains, I may return target creature card from my graveyard to the battlefield.; T: Add W to my mana pool)
(U) Karoo (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, sac it unless I return an untapped Plains I control to its owner's hand.; T: Add 1W to my mana pool)

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Exile:
Mooseman: 39
Library: 81
Commander Zone:3BB
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Swamp x6

Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (5,
+2: Each opponent loses 1 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.

(T) Skirsdag High Priest (Human Cleric, 1/2, Morbid — {T}, Tap two untapped creatures you control: Put a 5/5 black Demon creature token with flying onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only if a creature died this turn. )
(T) Overseer of the Damned (Demon, 5/5, Flying When Overseer of the Damned enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature.
(T) Zombie token (2/2)

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw, Ghost Quarter
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Skullclamp

Done

Spidey: 31
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U,U, U) Plains x7

(U) Skullclamp (Equipped creature gets +1/-1.; Whenever equipped creature dies, draw 2 cards.; Equip 1)
Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Emeria, the Sky Ruin
Exile:
Mooseman: 39
Battlefield:

(TTTTTT) Swamp x6

Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (5,

(T) Overseer of the Damned (Demon, 5/5, Flying When Overseer of the Damned enters the battlefield, you may destroy target creature.
(T) Zombie token (2/2)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Swiftfoot Boots
Create a demon
Equip it with swftboots
Attack for 10
Done

Spidey: 21
Battlefield:

(T,U,U,U,U,U, U) Plains x7

(U) Skullclamp (Equipped creature gets +1/-1.; Whenever equipped creature dies, draw 2 cards.; Equip 1)
Exile:
Mooseman: 37
Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Swamp x6
Swiftfoot Boots (Equipped creature has hexproof and haste. Equip 1 )

Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (3,

(U) Zombie token (2/2)
(T) Demon token (5/5, Flying) ~Quick~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh. EOT, Flash in Celestial Crusader

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Euip the Warhammer to the Crusader

Done

Spidey: 21
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(TU,U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x8

(U) Celestial Crusader (5/2; Trample; Lifelink from Warhammer; Flash; Split Second; Flying; Other white creatures get +1/+1) *Equipped w/Warhammer*

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUTTT) Swamp x6

(U) Zombie token (2/2)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Dread Return the Shreikmaw and destroy your Crusader
Ob Nixilis to put a demon into play
Equip it with boots
Attack for 18
Done

Spidey: 21 3?
Library: 80
Battlefield:

(TU,U,U,U,U,U,U) Plains x8

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Celestial Crusader
Exile:
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Swamp x6

Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (1,

(T) Zombie token (2/2)
(T) Demon token (5/5, Flying)
(S) Shriekmaw (Elemental, 3/2, Fear When~ ETB, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. Evoke 1B)
(S) Zombie token (2/2)

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw, Ghost Quarter, Dread Return
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So much for this deck.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Plains
Nahiri
Make a Kor Soldier with it and attach Skullclamp to it
Draw 2 cards when it dies
Done

Spidey: 3
Hand: 5
Library: 77
Commander Zone: 3WW *Already cast 1 time*
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,U,U,U,U) Plains x9

Nahiri, the Lithomancer (5; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)
Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Celestial Crusader
Exile:
Library: 79
Battlefield:

(UTTTTT) Swamp x6

Ob Nixilis of the Black Oath (1,

(T) Zombie token (2/2)
(S) Shriekmaw (Elemental, 3/2, Fear When~ ETB, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. Evoke 1B)
(S) Zombie token (2/2)

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw, Ghost Quarter, Dread Return
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
What is up with your decks?
UUD
Use OBS first ability
Alpha strike to you
Response?

Spidey: 2
Battlefield:

Nahiri, the Lithomancer (5; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)
Exile:
Library: 75
Battlefield:

(UUUUUU) Swamp x6

(T) Zombie token (2/2)
(T) Shriekmaw (Elemental, 3/2, Fear When~ ETB, destroy target nonartifact, nonblack creature. Evoke 1B)
(T) Zombie token (2/2)

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
No response
Spoils of blood
Equip the horror
Done

Battlefield:

Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Swamp x6

(S) Horror Token (7/7) ~Quick~

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw, Ghost Quarter, Dread Return, Skirsdag High Priest, Overseer of the Damned, Shriekmaw
Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gave myself one more turn....

Untap, upkeep, draw

Plains
Use Nahiri's first ability, attaching the Warhammer
Sacred Mesa
Activate it four times

Done

Library: 76
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x10

Sacred Mesa (At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I sac a Pegasus.; 1W: Put a 1/1 white Pegasus creature token with flying onto the battlefield)

(S) Kor Soldier creature token (4/0; Trample; Lifelife from Warhammer) *Equipped w/Warhammer)
(S) Pegasus creature token (1/1; Flying)

Nahiri, the Lithomancer (7; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Celestial Crusader, Comeuppance
Exile:
Battlefield:

(UUUUTT) Swamp x6

(S) Horror Token (7/7) ~Quick~

Graveyard:Sign in Blood, Bloodgift Demon, Æther Snap, Shriekmaw, Ghost Quarter, Dread Return, Skirsdag High Priest, Overseer of the Damned, Shriekmaw
Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
All your creatures are 1 defense (the Kor can't be a 4/0)
Untap, upkeep, draw
Mutilate for 6
Attack for 1
use the Ob ability for 1
Game?

Library: 76
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x10

Sacred Mesa (At the beginning of my upkeep, sac ~ unless I sac a Pegasus.; 1W: Put a 1/1 white Pegasus creature token with flying onto the battlefield)

(S) Kor Soldier creature token (4/0; Trample; Lifelife from Warhammer) *Equipped w/Warhammer)

Nahiri, the Lithomancer (7; +2: Put a 1/1 white Kor Soldier creature token onto the battlefield. I may attach an Equipment I control to it.; -2: I may put an Equipment card from my hand or graveyard onto the battlefield.; -10: Put a colorless Artifact Equipment token named Stoneforged Blade onto the battlefield. It has indestructible; "Equipped creature has +5/+5 and has double strike" and Equip 0.; ~ can be my Commander)

Graveyard: Afterlife,Gift of the Estates, Requiem Angel, Skyhunter Skirmisher, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Celestial Crusader, Comeuppance
Exile:
Library: 74
Battlefield:

(UUTTTT) Swamp x6

(T) Horror Token (7/7) ~Quick~

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man. Yep, that'd game. Good one!

I think that's it for 2014. Looks like 2015 decks will be released shortly...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Good one, thanks
You are playing that deck in the Mayham game and it's kicking butt.
I can wait a little for the 2015 decks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think that's only because it's MP and I could afford to play defense more and/or wasn't a initial target. But going one-on-one with you, apparently I suck at playing these decks :)