Commander 2013: Spidey (Power Hungry) vs Mooseman (Nature of the Beast)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I sacced the Seer to the Druid, not the Druid to itself :)

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Obselisk of Jund
Furnace of Celebration

Done

Spidey: 24
Enemy Commander Combat Dmg Dealt: 0/21
Hand: 2
Library: 87
Command Zone: 3BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (5/5; Flying; When I cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amt of mana spent to cast ~.; Sac another creature: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot)

Battlefield:

(U) Llanowar Reborn (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; Graft 1) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (B, R or G))
(T) Kher Keep (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1R, T: Put a 0/1 red Kobold creature token named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T) Forest

Furnace of Celebration (Whenever I sac another permanent, I may pay 2. If I do, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)

(T) Obselisk of Jund (T: Add B, R, or G to my mana pool)

(U) Quagmire Druid (2/2; G, T, Sac a creature: Destroy target enchantment)
(U) Silklash Spider (2/7; Reach; XGG: ~ deals X dmg to each creature w/flying)

Graveyard: Restore, Viscera Seer
Exile:
==============================================================================
Mooseman: 39
Hand: 5
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 0/0, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(UT) Forest x2
(U) Mosswort Bridge ( Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
T: Add G to your mana pool. G,T: You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater. )
(T) Smoldering Crater (~ ETB Tapped. T: R. Cycling 2)
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (, Gate, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool. )
(T) Sol Ring (T:2)

(T) Mold Shambler (Fungus Beast, 3/3, Kicker {1}{G}When Mold Shambler enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, destroy target noncreature permanent. )
(T) Avenger of Zendikar (Elemental, 5/5, When Avenger of Zendikar enters the battlefield, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land you control. Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control. )
(T) Plant Token (2/3) ~2 +1/+1 cntr~

Graveyard: Curse of Predation, Naya Charm,
Exile: Face Down from Mosswort Bridge

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Okie dokie
EOT
G and tap Mosswart to play the face down exiled card
Baloth Woodcrasher
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Gahiji, Honored One
Attack with all but Gahiji
Do you have any responses before combat step or any blocks/responses after?

Spidey: 24
Command Zone: 3BRG Prossh, Skyraider of Kher (5/5; Flying; When I cast ~, put X 0/1 red Kobold creature tokens named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield, where X is the amt of mana spent to cast ~.; Sac another creature: ~ gets +1/+0 ueot)

Battlefield:

(U) Llanowar Reborn (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; Graft 1) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Command Tower (T: Add to my mana pool one mana of any color in my commander's color identity (B, R or G))
(T) Kher Keep (T: Add 1 to my mana pool.; 1R, T: Put a 0/1 red Kobold creature token named Kobolds of Kher Keep onto the battlefield)
(T) Temple of the False God (T: Add 2 to my mana pool. Activate this ability only if I control 5 or more lands)
(T) Forest

Furnace of Celebration (Whenever I sac another permanent, I may pay 2. If I do, ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)

(U) Quagmire Druid (2/2; G, T, Sac a creature: Destroy target enchantment)
(U) Silklash Spider (2/7; Reach; XGG: ~ deals X dmg to each creature w/flying)

Graveyard: Restore, Viscera Seer
Exile:
Command Zone: RWG Marath, Will of the Wild (Legendary Creature - Elemental Beast, 0/0, Marath, Will of the Wild enters the battlefield with a number of +1/+1 counters on it equal to the amount of mana spent to cast it. {X}, Remove X +1/+1 counters from Marath: Choose one — Put X +1/+1 counters on target creature; or Marath deals X damage to target creature or player; or put an X/X green Elemental creature token onto the battlefield. X can't be 0. )
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(UT) Forest x2
(U) Mosswort Bridge ( Hideaway (This land enters the battlefield tapped. When it does, look at the top four cards of your library, exile one face down, then put the rest on the bottom of your library.)
T: Add G to your mana pool. G,T: You may play the exiled card without paying its mana cost if creatures you control have total power 10 or greater. )
(T) Selesnya Guildgate (, Gate, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool. )

(T) Mold Shambler (Fungus Beast, 3/3, Kicker {1}{G}When Mold Shambler enters the battlefield, if it was kicked, destroy target noncreature permanent. )
(T) Avenger of Zendikar (Elemental, 5/5, When Avenger of Zendikar enters the battlefield, put a 0/1 green Plant creature token onto the battlefield for each land you control. Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, you may put a +1/+1 counter on each Plant creature you control. )
(T) Baloth Woodcrasher (Beast, 4/4, Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Baloth Woodcrasher gets +4/+4 and gains trample until end of turn.)
(S) Gahiji, Honored One (Beast, 4/4, Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents or a planeswalker an opponent controls, that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn. )

Exile: Face Down from Mosswort Bridge

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Take 21
Your creatures die
Wow, I am done with this amazing turn.....

Spidey: 3

Battlefield:

(T) Forest

Graveyard: Restore, Viscera Seer, Quagmire Druid, Silklash Spider
Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(UT) Forest x2

(T) Baloth Woodcrasher (Beast, 4/4, Landfall — Whenever a land enters the battlefield under your control, Baloth Woodcrasher gets +4/+4 and gains trample until end of turn.)
(S) Gahiji, Honored One (Beast, 4/4, Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents or a planeswalker an opponent controls, that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I don't know what it is, I'm having terrible luck with these decks.

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Charnelhoard Wurm

Done

Library: 86

Battlefield:

(T) Llanowar Reborn (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; Graft 1) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Forest

(S) Charnelhoard Wurm (6/6; Trample; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to an opponent, I may return target card from my graveyard to my hand)

Exile:
Battlefield:

(T) Plains
(UT) Forest x2

Exile:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sensing the end coming....

Untap, upkeep, Draw
Attack with all
Anything?

Battlefield:

(T) Llanowar Reborn (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G to my mana pool.; Graft 1) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(T) Forest

(S) Charnelhoard Wurm (6/6; Trample; Whenever ~ deals combat dmg to an opponent, I may return target card from my graveyard to my hand)

Exile:
Hand: 6
Battlefield:

(U) Plains
(UU) Forest x2
(U) Smoldering Crater (~ ETB Tapped. T: R. Cycling 2)
(U) Selesnya Guildgate (, Gate, ETB Tapped. {T}: Add {G} or {W} to your mana pool. )
(U) Sol Ring (T:2)

(T) Gahiji, Honored One (Beast, 4/4, Whenever a creature attacks one of your opponents or a planeswalker an opponent controls, that creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn. )

Exile:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oops, I messed up on the thread title, we're still going through the Commander 2013 decks.

And no response, that's it for me. Good game! Man, I had mana this time, just couldn't keep up with you. So I'll take a turn playing Nature of the Beast and see how it works for me :)