Color hosing is fun, and evil too!

C

Cateran Emperor

Why not screw over a mage for playing a single color? The dual Grizzlies in Invasion got me thinking, how could we make this better? :D

Yavimaya Hellkite
2RRGG
Creature - Dragon
Protection from Blue
Haste, Trample
Yavimaya Hellkite cannot be countered.
6/4

Benalish Wurm
2GGWW
Creature - Wurm
Protection from Black
Trample, First Strike
If a spell or effect causes you to discard Benalish Wurm, return Benalish Wurm to your hand.
7/3

Tolarian Crusader
2WWUU
Creature - Knight
Protection from Red
First Strike, Flying
Whenever Tolarian Crusader attacks, other creatures you control are unblockable until end of turn.
6/4

Urborg Phantasm
2UUBB
Creature - Illusion
Protection from Green
Flying, Fear
Creatures Urborg Phantasm blocks lose Trample
8/2

Shivan Negator
2BBRR
Creature - Horror
Protection from White
Fear, Haste
Whenever a White spell or effect would put Shivan Negator into the graveyard or remove Shivan Negator from the game, instead return Shivan Negator to your hand.
7/3

Care to try and make these more unfair?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

the tolarian crusader is by far the best of them

C

Cateran Emperor

I noticed that too. I'm still balancing him out, probably make him considerably weaker P/T wise. Possibly 3/7, but then he's too hard to kill... He's been annoying to balance out.

M

MrXarvox

The Crusader's ability is much too strong.. I'd say, make him not tap to attack, get rid of that unblockable thing, and keep the original P/T.

C

Cateran Emperor

Problem is, that doesn't fit into the theme of hosing Red. What I need to do is find red's weakness and exploit it (IE the Negator can't be Wrathed away, the Hellkite can't be countered, Trample damage doesn't go through the Phantasm, and the Wurm can't be discarded) Actually, come to think of it, I REALLY have to errata the Wurm right now, since he's actually more broken then Squee. he now reads:

Benalish Wurm
2GGWW
Creature - Wurm
Protection from Black
Trample, First Strike
If a spell or effect an opponent controls causes you to discard Benalish Wurm, return Benalish Wurm to your hand.
7/3

Otherwise, he combo's better than Mr. Nabob with Stormbind and the like :eek:

As for the Crusader, maybe errata him so all attack creatures instead get Protection from Red until end of turn? Or perhaps prevent all damage to attacking creatures from Red sources UEoT?

M

MrXarvox

Here, some intermediate ones between these mega-hosers and the li'l grizzlie folk.

Templar of Yavimaya 2WG
First strike, protection from black
G: Regenerate
4/1

Protector of Yavimaya 2GR
Haste, Protection from Blue
G: Regenerate
3/4

Benalish Sorcerer 2WU
First strike, Flying, Protection from Red
3/3

Urborg Sorcerer 2BU