Collumns - not just for Sega anymore

Z

Zadok001

Ed is well on his way to building a Donate deck now.... Grab a few Thought Lashes...

--Zadok001, aka Greater Good fanatic

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Actually, I already have a donate deck. That was my 5th donate. :) And I ended up with another flicker in a draft, so I have 4 of those now. The deck actually works decently well, I just need 3 more illusions of grandeur, in place of delusions of mediocrity.

-mike

Z

Zadok001

I have 5 Donates and 5 Flickers. And 5 Delusions of Mediocrity. Man, I get THE most repetitive packs on the face of the Earth. Can you say: 7 Yavamyia Elders in 6 packs, one foiled?

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Repetative packs would be cool, except the rares usually suck. Like Anthroplasm (read the flavor text).

Even if the cards were good, eventually you'd be like "damn, my 15th scroll. are these like rare 6 or something?" :) ...ok, so maybe you wouldn't say that.

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Redundant Rares - now, there's a topic for an article - I think it would be nice to talk about the fact that in no time at all you end up with four Rares of cards - unfortunately, they're usually the card you want least...

-ferret

"...called it! It's mine!"

W

Waubers

you wanna talk redundancy. I've opened 20 packs of destiny. In those Packs I've gotten 4 Masticore (I now only have 2, 5 Academy rectors, 13 caltrops (I jsut rip em if I get them now), 3 Aura thiefs, and 3 thorn elementals, and 2 false profits. I guess I shouldn't complain at least some of the repeats I get are good.

Waubers

"I swear if I see another Acedemy Rectum I will scream wait I think I will anyway AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!"

Z

Zadok001

Don't diss the Academy Rector. I built a deck around him.

"How the hell did you build a deck BASED around a search card?"

"Easy. Remember Greater Good?"

"I'm never playing you again."

CPA Member
"We have more sprouts than they have hands."

Z

Zadok001

Oh, and Ferret? I'll tourney reports whenever I do well with Greater Good or Combo Black. I think it would be nice to have occassional reports.

D

Dune Echo

For a new article idea I want people to send a card name to me that they want to use in a deck. It can be any card. Just give me the colors you want to include, deck size, some other cards that would work with it that you already own, monetary value (relatively cheap, all-common, price is not an issue, etc.), what sets you can pull cards from, and the quantity of named card in the deck. Also, please specify the way you intend to use the deck (thematic, multiplayer, or whatever else you think up).

I will attempt to make a workable, CASUAL deck from the card that uses it in. If anyone is interested, sling some ideas my way. Hell, I've tried to make a deck that makes Skyshroud Elite get its bonus by giving your opponent Rainbow Vale. It doesn't work very well, but it's fun! So send those ideas to me and I'll get to work on them.