Code Name: Existence.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I realize that. It just seemed to me that creating the subtype would be pointless, as there were already several cards that behaved that way. However, those cards were more like Zeylon Sword, and not like Cranial Plating, so I underestimated the importance of making the subtype. They did go to far with Skullclamp of course, but that's also what makes things interesting (yes, I have a real fixation on broken cards and hate sets that do not have any, maybe I should play limited or something).

K

Kode

Vicious Memories [2B][Uncommon]
Sorcery
Target player loses 1 life for each card less than 7 he or she has in hand.

Mind Lapse [Common]
Instant
Look at target player's hand and choose a card there. Remove that card from the game. At the beginning of that player's next upkeep, return that card back to owner's hand.

Phobos [2BB][Rare]
Creature - Horror
This gains -*/-* for each card your opponent has in hand.
Put a -1/-1 counter on this: this deals 1 damage to target creature and you gain 1 life.
7/6

K

Kode

Invisible War [1UU][Uncommon]
Instant
Until the end of the turn, creatures are unblockable and whenever a creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, return that creature to owner's hand.

K

Kode

Release [1W][Common]
Instant
Remove a permanent you control from the game and remove target artifact or enchantment from the game. Gain an amount of life equal to the total casting cost of all permanents removed this way.

Spiritual Guardian [4W][Common]
Creature - Guard
Whenever ~ deals combat damage, you may prevent that damage. If you do, gain an amount of life equal to the amount of damage prevented this way.
(3/5)

Idleness [2U][Common]
Sorcery
Tap up to 2 target permanents. Permanents tapped this way don't untap during their controller's next untap step.

Task Guardian [2UU][Uncommon]
Creature - Guard
Task Guardian can't be the target of spells or abilities.
As Task Guardian comes into play, choose target player. That player can't play spells during his or her next turn.
(1/4)

Ascension [2U][Common]
Sorcery
Return a permanent you control back to owner’s hand. Return up to two target permanents back to owner’s hand.

K

Kode

Schizophrenia [1U][Common]
Instant
Whenever a spell is successfully cast, if Schizophrenia is in your hand, discard it unless you shuffle another card from your hand into your library.
Shuffle any number of cards from your hand into your library. For each card shuffled this way, draw 2 cards.

Distrust [1U][Common]
Instant
Whenever a spell is successfully cast, if Distrust is in your hand, discard it unless you pay 1.
Counter target spell.

Anxiousness [1B][Uncommon]
Sorcery
Whenever a spell is successfully cast, if Anxiousness is in your hand, discard it unless you pay 1 life.
Draw 2 cards, then for each card in your hand, discard that card or pay 1 life.

Keeper of the Last Cathedral [2WU][Uncommon]
Legendary Creature – Guard Monk
As Keeper of the Last Cathedral comes into play, remove any number of permanents you control other than Keeper of the Last Cathedral from the game. When Keeper of the Last Cathedral leaves play, return all permanents removed by it back into play.
Tap: counter target spell unless its caster pays 1 for each permanent you own that is removed from the game.
(2/4)

K

Kode

Dermoblast [1UU][Common]
Creature - Nova Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Dermoblast.
Dermoblast can’t be the target of spells or abilities and is unblockable.
(4/4)

Distract with Illusions [1U][Common]
Instant
Put 3 Illusion tokens into play. Treat each as a 0/1 Blue creature with flying.

K

Kode

Knight of the Final Order [2W][Common]
Creature - Knight
First Strike
When Knight of the Final Order leaves play, search your deck for Knight of the Final Order card and put into play, then shuffle your library.
2/1

K

Kode

Gunshots [1R][Common]
Instant
Gunshots deals 2 damage divided any way you choose amongst any number of target creatures and/or players.

Firebomb [3R][Common]
Instant
Firebomb deals 3 damage to target creature without flying and 1 damage to each other creature without flying.

Spellshock [2R][Common]
Instant
Choose target spell other than Spellshock. Spellshock deals an amount of damage to target creature or player equal to that spell's total casting cost. (X in that spell is zero)

Inspirit [2W][Uncommon]
Instant
For each non-token permanent you control that left play this turn, put a Spirit token into play. Treat it as a 1/1 White creature with flying.

Redeem [W][Common]
Instant
Remove a permanent you control from the game and remove target creature from the game. That creature's controller gains an amount of life equal to the total casting cost of all permanents removed this way.

Backline Solider [RR][Common]
Creature – Solider
Whenever Backline Solider attacks or blocks, Backline Solider gains +2/+2 until end of the turn.
(1/1)

Frontline Initiate [R][Uncommon]
Creature – Solider
First strike.
At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice Frontline Initiate.
2R: creatures you control gain haste until end of the turn.
(3/2)

Azusa Summoner [1R][Common]
Creature - Assailant
Haste
As Azusa Summoner comes into play, put a creature with total mana cost of 1 or less from you hand into play. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice that creature at the end of the turn.
(1/1)

Azusa Fanatic [1RR][Common]
Creature – Assailant
Haste
As Azusa Fanatic comes into play, put a creature with total mana cost of 1 or less from your hand into play. That creature gains haste. Sacrifice that creature and this at the end of the turn.
(2/2)

Azusa Warlord [2RRR][Uncommon]
Creature – Assailant
Haste, first strike.
As Azusa Warlord comes into play, put all creatures with total mana cost of 2 or less from your hand into play. Those creatures gain haste. Sacrifice those creatures at the end of the turn.
(3/2)

Harmony [1G][Common]
Sorcery
Draw 2 cards.
Play Harmony only if you haven't played a creature spell this turn. If you play Harmony, you can't play creatures for the remainder of the turn.

Phaegue [GG][Common]
Creature - Nova Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Phaegue.
(4/4)

Radiating Shubu [1GG][Uncommon]
Creature - Nova Beast
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Radiating Shubu .
Other creatures you control gain trample and +1/+1 for each -1/-1 counter on Radiating Shubu.
(3/3)

Wallowing Druid [G][Common]
Creature - Nova Druid
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Wallowing Druid and search your deck for a forest. Put it into play tapped and shuffle your library.
(1/2)

Spirited [G][Common]
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains +2/+0 and trample.
Whenever a spell is cast, enchanted creature gains +1/+0 until end of the turn.

K

Kode

Possession of the Weak [1U][Common]
Instant
Untap and gain control of target creature with power 1 or less.

Amnesiac Memory [2U][Uncommon]
Instant
Search your hand, library, and graveyard for any number of copies of a non-land card other than this and remove them from the game. Draw a card for each copy removed this way.

K

Kode

Wall of Faith [W][Common]
Creature - Wall
When Wall of Faith leaves play, search your library for a Wall of Faith card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
0/4

Avarice [3UU][Uncommon]
Instant
Draw a card for each non-land permanent you control.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like them.

I think Spellfire really needs a new name (I get the impression that you're not familiar with the game of the same name, unless it's a joke, but if it is I don't see how it's all that funny).

Frontline Initiate is simply too strong. You can tack disadvantages onto a card, but it's still only a single mana for a big creature. This same problem was encountered with Phryrexian Dreadnought in Mirage.

Azusa Warlord should probably say "any number of creatures" rather than "all creatures."

Harmony is great.

Phaegue has a similar problem to the one Frontline Initiate has.

K

Kode

Fixed. Regarding the Phaegue, I understand the problem, but if you look at it from my perspective, I see Phaegue as being even weaker than Blastoderm. Phaegue is a 5/4 for GG, yes, but in many cases, the first turn it will attack will be the third turn, upon which it will be a 4/3 creature, 4th turn a 3/2. That said, 4/3 attacker on 3rd turn and 3/2 on 4th is actually really good, but is it that good? Nevertheless, I went ahead and changed Phaegue into a 4/4 creature; by the third turn, it's a 3/3, 4th turn, a 2/2. Also, don't forget how easy it is to take out by Black, and even White (cards like Pacificism and Arrest would give this card a fit)...Blue deals with it like it deals with any other problematic creature, Red chumps it for a turn or two and then burns it. Compare that to the strength of Blastoderm, a 5/5 on the 3rd turn that is essentially beyond reach after it hits the table. The difference is minimal and not that essential, though I recognize what you mean - even more so in regards to the Azusa Intitiate, who is now a 3/2 creature as opposed being a 5/4.

I'm interested in the rarity-classification of these cards; what kinda of a job am I doing classifying these cards?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I pay little to no attention to rarity, so I'm not sure about that aspect...

The thing about something like Phaegue is that even when it looks innocent enough, a 5 power creature for only two mana is very good with stuff like Pandemonium, Fling, etc. I do understand your perspective. I'm just saying be careful with high power creatures at very low mana costs.

K

Kode

So how do you like the new 4/4 Phague for GG? With Fling, if the sole point of playing Phague is to Fling it, then it's not a good deal: GGR for 4 damage and the loss of 2 cards? No one would pay that, unless, of course, Phague is also utilized as a creature, and if it is utilized, it becomes weaker. As for Pandemonium, well, there you have something, but aren't there better options than a 4/4 that gets weaker? I'm actually asking that question because I don't know. But do tell me if the 4/4 is better, and if not, what I should do to fix it. I really want a common Green creature that's beefy and cost effective, you know, something Green can be proud of.

K

Kode

Last Spirits [1W][Common]
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove another permanent you control from the game. If you can't, sacrifice Last Spirits.
As Last Spirits comes into play, put 3 Spirit tokens into play. Treat each as a 1/1 White creature with flying. If Last Spirits leaves play, destroy all these tokens.

Dispeller [2UU][Uncommon]
Creature - Monk
When Dispeller comes into play, remove all cards in your hand from the game. Return target permanent back to owner's hand for each card removed this way. When Dispeller leaves play, return all cards removed from the game by it back to owner's hand.
(2/3)

K

Kode

Reistance [1W][Uncommon]
Enchant Creature
When Reistance leaves play, search your deck for a copy of it and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.
When enchanted creature leaves play, search your library for a copy of it and put into your hand, then shuffle your library.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I would say Phaegue is fixed now. I cannot be positive, and maybe you should try to get the opinion of someone more conservative (I think I am using that word out of spite because some people think that US politics has a monopoly on it) in this regard. What I mean is that I am the guy who thinks it would be funny to, say, sneak Balance into the next set and watch the ensuing chaos...

Anyway, I want to see someone use Dispeller with Black Vise. That would be cool.