Code Name: Existence.

K

Kode

Here I will start compiling cards from my other thread, cards that I think are solid, creative, fun, and playable, for my first attempt at a thematic, fully flushed out stand-alone. If everything works out, I do hope to compliment this set with at least 2 additional sets – (code name) Essence being the second set, and (code name) Abandonment the third and, perhaps, the last. I can’t make Green and Red cards, or even White cards, as I can for Blue and Black, so any one with creative ideas, even if one or two, is welcome to add them not to this thread, but to my other threat in this forum, so we can review it. Cards here are final; however, their mana cost, name, flavor text, effects and abilities are always open for suggestions - but the card at large, is final.

I would like this set to be as casual as possible, with few good themes explored good enough but not to the extent of tediousness. A person who can come up even if with only 1 great casual card is greatly appreciated because it means one more person added their touch to this set, which is a casual set by all regards – this not meaning a weak set by any means! In fact, this set will be powerful, and all cards will be highly playable – the motto is, as anywhere else, No Vanilla For Me, Thank You.

Basic Card Statistics:

Set Code Name: Existence.
Set Card Total: 311 cards.
Gold Cards: 25.
Artifacts: 15.
Cards per Color: 52.

---

Black: (7/52)
Blue: (18/52)
White: (17/52)
Green: (5/52)
Red: (9/52)
Artifacts: (0/15)
BR: (0/5)
RG: (0/5)
GW: (0/5)
WU: (1/5)
UB: (0/5)
Non-Basic Lands: (0/8)
Legendary Lands: (0/3)

_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_
_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_-_-~*~-_

Consuming Shadow [1BB][Uncommon]
Creature - Horror
Fear
As Consuming Shadow comes into play, you may have target player sacrifice a creature. If you do, sacrifice Consuming Shadow.
(2/1)

Duality [3UU][Rare]
Instant
Remove Duality from the game. For each other instant and sorcery played this turn, put a copy of that spell on the stack.

Negative Inclination [Common]
Instant
Counter target spell. For the remainder of the game, the first spell you play after playing Negative Inclination is countered.

Reflection [2U][Uncommon]
Enchant Creature
Enchanted creature gains "Tap: put a copy of this creature into play. Sacrifice that creature at the end of the turn."

Hold in Time [Uncommon]
Instant
Target spell does not resolve this turn and resolves at the beginning of its caster's next upkeep.

Haunting [3B][Uncommon]
Instant
Remove any number of creatures in your graveyard from the game. For each creature removed this way, target player sacrifices a creature.

Unruhe [Uncommon]
Instant
As an additional cost to play Unruhe , sacrifice a creature. Unruhe deals 3 damage to target creature or player and you gain 1 life for each 1 damage dealt this way.

K

Kode

Inspired Bluewing [2U][Common]
Creature - Nova Bird
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Inspired Bluewing and draw a card.
(2/2)

Deep Blue [5U][Rare]
Creature - Nova Beast
When Deep Blue deals combat damage to a player, that player returns a permanent he or she controls back to owner's hand.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Deep Blue and tap target creature.
(5/4)

Fluttering Bluewing [3U][Common]
Creature - Nova Bird
Flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a -1/-1 counter on Fluttering Bluewing and return target creature other than Fluttering Bluewing back to owner's hand.
(2/3)

Supernova [1U][Common]
Instant
Target creature gains +2/+2 until end of the turn. Return that creature back to owner's hand at the end of the turn.

K

Kode

Knight Fanatic [1RR][Uncommon]
Creature - Knight
First strike.
Sacrifice Knight Fanatic: double all damage target instant or sorcery deals this turn.
(2/1)

K

Kode

Check out the synergy between Reflection and the Nova creatures in particular.

K

Kode

Well, reflection is actually good with all creatures that have a come into play effect in general, not to mention it creates a free chump blocker whenever you need it.

Solitary Exile [2W][Common]
Creature – Monk Knight
When Solitary Exile comes into play, remove any number of permanents you control from the game and put a +1/+1 counter on Solitary Exile for each permanent removed this way. When Solitary Exile leaves play, return all permanents removed by it back into play under owner’s control.
Remove a +1/+1 counter from Solitary Exile: Solitary Exile gains protection from creatures until end of the turn.
(2/1)

Diviner's Touch [W][Common]
Enchantment
Sacrifice Diviner's Touch: target creature gains protection from instants and sorceries until end of the turn.

Mantra Singer [W][Uncommon]
Creature - Monk
Remove another permanent you control from the game: you gain 1 life. When Mantra Singer leaves play, return all permanents removed by it back into play under owner's control.
(1/1)

Devout Visionary [1W][Uncommon]
Creature – Monk
When Devout Visionary comes into play, remove any number of permanents you control from the game and tap a target creature for each permanent removed this way. When Devout Visionary leaves play, return all permanents removed by Devout Visionary back into play under owner's control.
(1/2)

Solitary Prophet [1WW][Rare]
Creature - Monk
When Solitary Prophet comes into play, remove all other creatures from the game. Whenever Solitary Prophet leaves play, return all creatures removed from the game by Solitary Prophet back into play under owner’s control.
(1/3)

Omen [2WW][Rare]
Legendary Creature - Spirit
Vigilance
Omen may block any number of creatures.
Omen gains -*/-*, where * is the number of other permanents you control.
Remove a permanent you control from the game: Omen gains protection from a color of your choice until end of the turn.
(8/8)

Alpha [3WW][Rare]
Enchant World
As Alpha comes into play, remove all other non-land permanents from the game. When Alpha leaves play, return all permanents removed by it back into play under owner's control.

Omega [3WW][Rare]
Enchant World
Whenever a non-land permanent comes into play, remove it from the game. When Omega leaves play, return all permanents removed by Omega back into play under owner’s control.

Safe From Harm [W][Rare]
Enchantment
You may play Safe From Harm whenever you could play an instant.
As Safe From Harm comes into play, remove up to 3 target permanents you control from the game. When Safe From Harm leaves play, return all permanents removed by it back into play under owner's control.

K

Kode

Well, this is where I am selecting the good cards from my other thread and putting them here. Cards listed here are the official cards, so to speak. The other threads I use just to sketch out ideas and nothing more.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
You've seriously never heard of Enchant Worlds?

In alphabetical order (tell me if I missed any, but I don't think I did) they are...

Arboria
Bazaar of Wonders
Caverns of Despair
Chaosphere
Concordant Crossroads
Elkin Lair
Eye of Singularity
Field of Dreams
Forsaken Wastes
Gravity Sphere
Hall of Gemstone
In the Eye of Chaos
Koskun Falls
Land's Edge
Living Plane
Mystic Decree
Nether Void
Null Chamber
Pillar Tombs of Aku
Revelation
Serra Aviary
Storm World
Teferi's Realm
The Abyss
Tombsone Stairwell
Winter's Night

Yeah, obviously they haven't been Enchant Worlds for a while now. But I think they're a good idea...

Many players don't know the ruling for Enchant Worlds, but it's pretty simple. I will post it presently, but I am using Crystalkeep still, which seems to have become outdated in some aspects, so if anyone has a more current wording, be sure to post it here...

G5.10a - An object that is an "enchant world" is a global enchantment. See Rule 212.4, "Enchantments." [CompRules 2003/07/01]
G5.9b - If two or more enchant worlds are in play, all except for the one that has been an enchant world for the shortest amount of time are put into their owners' graveyards. This is a state-based effect; see Rule 420. [CompRules 2003/07/01]

This would mean that playing a new Alpha would kill the old one, or any copy of Omega that happen to be in play, or playing Omega would kill any other copies that happened to be in play, or any copy of Alpha. It would also be impossible to use them with any of the cards listed above. It's a way of limiting the synergy of a global enchantment without actually doing anything much to it (so these cards are, or at least should be, often quite powerful, as Alpha and Omega are).

K

Kode

Wow.

So what would happen now with Alpha and Omega?

If I play Alpha, I get to remove all other non-land permanents from the game. Then I play Omega, thereby destroying Alpha: do the permanents still remain out of the game because they would be "coming back into play" when Omega is in play, or do they enter the game before Omega can take effect?

All in all, it's a very flavorful concept, and it actually fits very appropriately with Alpha and Omega, as they seem to have that all-around world-effecting quality.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, Omega would destroy the permanents re-entering the game after Alpha was destroyed (it is a state-based effect of more than one Enchant World being in play at the same time, so Omega would count as being in play).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Oversoul
You've seriously never heard of Enchant Worlds?

Yeah, obviously they haven't been Enchant Worlds for a while now. But I think they're a good idea...
Well, yeah, if they haven't been around for a while and not really used, new players aren't going to have heard of them... :)

Many players don't know the ruling for Enchant Worlds, but it's pretty simple. I will post it presently, but I am using Crystalkeep still, which seems to have become outdated in some aspects, so if anyone has a more current wording, be sure to post it here...
Crystalkeep's probably good for Enchant Worlds because there haven't been any new ones lately (like 4-5 years, at least).

K

Kode

Did WotC just give up on the idea of Enchant World cards or have they just not created any in a while? It's absurd to have such a marvelous, flavorful ability yet not use it. In any case, thanks Oversoul for opening my eyes to the possiblity of Enchant Worlds - it gives me another idea for a super creature type. I'll explain it in the other thread because that's where ideas and card-creation happen.

I've only played the game since MM, by the way. Missed the Rath and the Saga cycles. But it was a great time to enjoy the game after that - MM block, to my understanding, was slower in comparison to the other blocks, and then came the Invasion block, which was a great time for new players to join in since the game was more casual than it ever had been in a while.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
They stopped because they scrubs (meaning that they disagree with me). :rolleyes:

Seriously, I think that they think it isn't worth it. I'm not sure why they have that impression, since they made equipment cards after cards that functioned as equipment had already been printed for years (my stance on equipment when I first heard about it was that it would have been a good idea back in Antiquities or something, but seemed sort of pointless now, but the actual equipment cards that have been printed have generally been pretty powerful, so it makes sense to introduce a new concept to the rules in order to save the space on cards).

R

Reverend Love

Inspired Bluewing [2U][Common]
Creature - Nova Bird
Flying
Put a -1/-1 counter on Inspired Bluewing: draw a card.
(2/1)

I really haven't looked over your set but this card is broken. If someone castes Giant growth on it, after combat they can throw 4 -1/-1 counters on it to fetch 4 cards! That's nasty.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oh, that is partly my fault. I had wanted Fluttering Bluewing in particular to have synergy with Psychic Supernova, and the way the cards worked originally, they could not. Now that Psychic Supernova is instant speed though, maybe it would be best to consider the old versions of the bluewing dudes...

Or if not, then watch out for overly powerful abilities on them, like the one RL just pointed out...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Oversoul
my stance on equipment when I first heard about it was that it would have been a good idea back in Antiquities or something...
Yeah, but remember, those were the early days of Magic. They didn't quite know what they were doing (like not having "the stack", tap symbols, mono and poly artifacts, etc) ;)