Classic Line Ends!

M

Multani

Tag Guard

Lythand: I'm talking about non-gambling poker. In short they also banned poker cards.

Everyone else: I'm surprised so many Magic players know about Pokemon. I for one, have decided to be almost completely ignorant about it. (Go ahead. Flame me!)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So you're saying they banned playing cards? Can't play Egyptian Ratscrew, Rummy, Hearts, or Spades?

Hey, I've played Pokeman. Even got a couple pre-cons.

L

Lythand

That Pika thing is cute???

OH MY!

Just to add one thing even further. Before Pokemon was a card game, it was based off a game centered around Pikachu...and that game was a Gameboy game. THATS the origination of the game. Nintendo had the original rights to Pokemon.

And I am sorry if I offend anyone here,

but pokemon in my opinion, sucks!

D

Dune Echo

Believe it or not, G.I. Joes are really big again right now with collectors. There are entire sites devoted to "Custom" G.I. Joes (mix and match various parts then paint them the way you want them). Just as an example, check out http://www.thebivouac.com for an example of some of the customs that have been done. Oh, and all the collector's are going nuts right now because there's a new wave of the 3/4" figures coming out in September... G.I. Joes are deffinitely cool again.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

The Pokemon Game Boy game had very little to do with pikachu. He was just one character out of 150. He then sold his soul to Satan to get the huge TV spots and the video game deals. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I had the '80 GI Joe action figures but sold them at a yard sale for CHEAP.... :(

But I still have the original Star Wars action figures from the '80s! Moolah, moolah, moolah...

I

Istanbul

When it first came out, I tried it. Gave it a fair shake. Know what I ultimately discovered?

Magic has an untap phase, an upkeep phase, a draw phase, a main phase, an attack phase, and a discard phase. Between Stasis, Howling Mine, Mana Short, Relentless Assault, Peacekeeper, Library of Leng, and other cards, you can mess with and otherwise manipulate every aspect of the game.

In Pokemon, you draw a card. You play Trainer cards. You attack. Your turn's over. That's about it. No flexibility.

Yawn.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Rarity has a HUGE impact on the strength of the cards. I watched two players, one much younger than the other, playing a game. They each had an Abra out. One of them, the one the older player had, was rarer than the other, and it was also strictly better, I.E. more "Hit Points" and attacks. Therefore, the person who could buy the better cards would ALWAYS win. That should never, ever be the case. There is also very low player interaction, and to do good, you practically have to build a gimmick deck (rares only).

A

Apollo

The video games were first. Then the T.V. show. Then the cards.

Unless you count the Japanese cards, which you could get. But in English, the show was first.

Apollo