CHK draft?

B

BigBlue

I have 3 numbers...

Do you have a preference for first opponent? otherwise it'll be

Train vs Isty
Spidey vs Jorael

I've got a lunch date, then I'll start... if the last person doesn't get me his number, I'll pick one for him... I'm sure he won't mind...

I suppose I could have sent packs earlier, but I got busy sorry. But I'll send them off this afternoon.

EDIT - Oh yeah, any votes on the variation with being able to use the ante card?

J

jorael

My first time, so I'm cool with anything. But, being able to play the ante cards sounds more fun.

Ante is chosen secretly I presume?

B

BigBlue

Chosen secretly, but revealed at the start of the match... and if we play with it... then I think it would be secret for sure.... of course I do not think we will be playing with it at this point, because I didn't hear before cards came in....

I'm also going to shake things up a bit....

Train hasn't gotten back to me yet, and Spidey is gone today....

So, I'll re-pair it so that Jorael and Isty will play first, given that you're both ready to go and will likely be here today.

T

train

I should haveno problem getting this in before Spidey gets back...;)

B

BigBlue

Starting it momentarilly...

(of course there's this whole 60 second thing.... :D )

T

train

I almost got it in before spidey got back - but it was 5:xx something this morning here anyhow...;)

funny he chose 666, as I was going to choose 333, but went with 337 just because...

we almost batted 1000... heh...:D

B

BigBlue

I didn't want to add to the discussion of excel in the actual match...

I have an excel spreadsheet which works alright at hiding the hand... but most people just didn't seem interested in it... and like spidey says, it's an honor thing... but if you want it to help you keep from looking ahead, I can forward it to you with your deck (I haven't been keeping them up to date the way I do in a match, but I can provide an Example of what one of mine looked like as a help...

It's not all that hard really... I can also walk you through creating your own pretty quickly too... if you have questions or want the example, let me know.... otherwise here's the quick way to do it (without links - which adds a level of complexity which isn't overly difficult either, just time consuming...)

Put your deck (as given to you) in column K starting with row 1 (well off to the side)... you can Hide it if you want to.... (highlight the column and select "hide" from the right click menu)

Then in cell A1, put in the following formula "=if(isblank(B1),"",K1)"

autofill the column down to row 45 (or however big your deck is)...

Then use Column B to show what zone the card is in... (Hand, In Play, Graveyard, etc...) This will make Column A visible...

You can later select the visible cards (both column A&B) and sort them by Column B to get them to be in order if it get's confusing...

Also, (for the truly lazy and yet curious)... You can create a link which works in excel taking you to the Wizards Card Site to see it... as well as a column which creates the "url" code to paste into CPA.ORG using the following 2 formulas... Keep in mind that I am anal and therefore don't want to see a link for a card I haven't drawn yet either... (I know, pathetic)...

Now, for all these to work properly, the cardnames can't have apostrophe's... just delete them (that's how wizards deals with them in their links - they work without them)... Capitalization doesn't matter, spelling does (it must match the card name exactly)

Column C (Active Link) "=if(isblank(B1),"",Hyperlink("http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp?name="& A1,A1)) This will show the link as long as the card is in a zone other than blank (the library)

(note... you'll need to take the space out of the link to make it work... between [ and URL)
Column D (CPA Link to post) "if(isblank(B1),"","[ URL=http://www.wizards.com/magic/autocard.asp?name="&A1&"]"&A1&"[/url]"

(you could make column A say "Library" for each card left... by changing column A to....
=if(isblank(B1),if(isblank(K1),"","Library"),K1) But that might be going too far... :)

Again, you'll want to autofill these formulas down...

Any questions? :)