Chaos Pure and Simple-Invite only

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The only 4 that have shown interest in this so far are MP, MM, Spidey and myself.

I wanna try EDH.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Isn't BPC coming to America???

I'm up for it, even though I have a net deck..... it's most likely not real good.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm gonna have a net deck too, so I guess you guys who are actually deck building can test them against ours :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
For those looking for deck advice/decklists on EDH, here's a good place to start.

NOTE: We have to pick our Deck Generals first. Remember that only 1 person can use a particular general and cards being used as generals cannot appear in their opponent's deck.

Essentially, we need to announced our generals before the game starts.

Elder Dragon Highlander

EDH is a casual, non-sanctioned, format in which players build a deck around a unique Legendary creature. The general essentially starts the game in your hand, and you have the ability to replay him or her throughout the game, so it allows players to focus on, and rely on their general without worrying about it dying. EDH can be played in one-on-one duel games, but it is widely recognized as a multiplayer format.

Deck Construction Rules

1. Players must choose a legendary creature as the "General" for their deck, in advance, and check with the coordinator of the whichever group they will be playing with. No two players may have the same general in the same game, and no player may have anyone else's general in their deck. Allocation of generals is first come, first serve. Within a given group, generals are preserved between meetings/games so that one's deck can remain consistant. The 'Roll Call' forum provides a tool for organiziing and publicizing the Generals in use by a group.
2. The general's mana cost dictates what mana symbols may appear on cards in the deck. A deck may not generate mana outside it's colours; anything which would generate mana of an illegal colour generates colourless mana instead.
3. An EDH deck must contain exactly 100 cards, including the general.
4. With the exception of basic lands, no two cards in the deck may have the same english name.
5. EDH is played with vintage legal cards, with the exception that cards are legal as of their set's prerelease.

Play Rules

1. If a player suffers 21 points of combat damage from a single general, they lose. This is an additional state based effect, similar to poison counters, but separate and specific to each general. This damage cannot be healed or undone, even if the creature is removed from play temporarily. Damage done by a creature under someone else's control is still counted towards the 21 point limit for that creature and defender.
2. All generals are removed from the game before shuffling at the start of the game.
3. While a general is removed from the game, it may be played. As an additional cost to play your general this way, you must pay {2} for each previous time you have played it this way.
4. If a general would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, it's owner may remove it from the game instead. (This is a replacement effect.. the creature never goes to the graveyard and will not trigger abilities on going to the graveyard)
5. Players begin the game with 40 life.

Card specific rules

1. The Judgement Wishes can only be used to wish for cards which began the game in the controller's deck, or the controller's general. No sideboard/wishboard is allowed.
2. Karakas's ability does not return a General to its owner's hand.
3. Rune Tail, Kitsune attendant flips when his controller's life total is 60 or higher.
4. Riftsweeper's ability can't shuffle a General into its owner's library from the RFG zone.

Banned Cards:
  • * Balance
    * Test of Endurance
    * Worldgorger Dragon
    * Biorhythm
    * Sway of the Stars
    * Upheaval
    * Panoptic Mirror
    * Crucible of Worlds
    * Ancestral Recall
    * Black Lotus
    * Moxen
    * Time Walk
    * Library of Alexandria
    * Yawgmoth's Bargain
    * Coalition Victory
    * Kokusho, the Evening Star (Added Feb 29th, 2008)
    * Recurrning Nightmare (Added Feb 29th, 2008)
    * Limited Resources (Added June 1st, 2008)

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm going to select Sliver Overlord as my general.

EDIT: I think rokapoke had interest in this, too?

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

rokapoke

I'm interested, but I have to find a general and a deck (online).

I'll work at it tonight, maybe.

R

rokapoke

Mooseman said:
I stole mine from some where out in the net.... I wonder how it works... hmmm.
Where does one go to find these decks?

M

Modus Pwnens

A strange and obscure website called google :D

My general will be Dromar, also known as Mr. Banisher

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
's cool, MM, no rush to start. It's not like this game won't take another 6 months, anyway :rolleyes:

Ransac, cpa trash man