Casual Decks Smash: Spiderman vs DarthFerret

D

DarthFerret

This may be complicated....ok,

Untap, Upkeep, Draw, play an island, tap island, mountain, plains, scrubland, savanah, taiga and chrome mox, use GU to cast Survival of the fittest, use g to sac squee to get Sliver Overlord, use WBURG to cast him, use UG to cast Unnatural Selection on the Circu turning him into a sliver, then use the remaining WRB to gain control of him.... then swing with the tusker....should have the mana costs right...(I think)....let me know...

Spiderman: 12
Hand: 4
Library: 35
In play:

(T,U) Watery Grave x2 (B/U Ravnica Dual)
(U,U,U,U) Underground Sea x4 (B/U Dual)
(U,U) Island x2

(U) Icy Manipulator (1, T: Tap target land, creature, or artifact)

(U) Circu-Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, Whenever I play a blue spell, remove the top card from target library from the game. Same for a black spell. My opponents can't play nonland cards with the same name as a card removed from the game with Circu) (Mine??)
(S) Spire Golem (2/4, flying)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Demonic Tutor, Underground River, Clone, Nettling Imp, Phage the Untouchable
RFG: El-Hajjaj, Wall of Tears

DarthFerret: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 37
In play:

(T) Scrubland (W/B)
(T) Taiga (R/G)
(T) Plains
(T) Chrome Mox (blue)
(T) Mountain
(T) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Reflecting Pool (W/B/R/G)
(T) Island

Enchant: Heartbeat of Spring (mana flare)
Survival of the Fittest

(U) Sliver Overlord (7/7, + some fun stuff)
(T) Krosan Tusker (6/5)
(U) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, if dies we sac a critter)
(U) Your Circu?

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, Squee (until EOT)

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape

L

Limited

You don't sac a creature to Survival of the Fittest; you discard one.

D

DarthFerret

Crap, then scrap that ... sorry...kinda tired today, guess I will still play the island and the survival, and swing with the Tusker and the Gatekeeper...

(and I thought I had a really neat play there for a second...)

Spiderman: 12
Hand: 4
Library: 35
In play:

(U,U) Island x2

(U) Circu-Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, Whenever I play a blue spell, remove the top card from target library from the game. Same for a black spell. My opponents can't play nonland cards with the same name as a card removed from the game with Circu)
(S) Spire Golem (2/4, flying)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Demonic Tutor, Underground River, Clone, Nettling Imp, Phage the Untouchable

DarthFerret: 20
Hand: 2
Library: 36
In play:

(U) Scrubland (W/B)
(U) Taiga (R/G)
(U) Plains
(U) Chrome Mox (blue)
(U) Mountain
(T) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Island

Survival of the Fittest

(U) Squee, Goblin Nabob (1/1, returns to hand if in g'yard)
(T) Krosan Tusker (6/5)
(T) Abyssal Gatekeeper (1/1, if dies we sac a critter)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It was a neat play :)

At Declare Attackers, tap a Sea and use the Icy to tap the Tusker (and take a mana burn).

D

DarthFerret

k...I assume you then take the gatekeeper? If so, I am done, if not, let me know.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I do indeed take the Gatekeeper.

Untap, upkeep, Draw, Underground River, tap an Island and Sea for UUBB, cast Cloak of Mists on the Spire Golem and Glimpse the Unthinkable on you, triggering Circu twice since it's a blue AND black spell, attack with the Spire Golem for 2, Done.

I believe Glimpse is placed on the stack last so it resolves first and then Circu's RFG triggers.

Spiderman: 10
Library: 34
In play:

(U,U) Watery Grave x2 (B/U Ravnica Dual)
(T,U,U,U) Underground Sea x4 (B/U Dual)
(U) Underground River (B/U Pain)
(T,U) Island x2

(U) Circu-Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, Whenever I play a blue spell, remove the top card from target library from the game. Same for a black spell. My opponents can't play nonland cards with the same name as a card removed from the game with Circu)
(T) Spire Golem (2/4, flying) * enchanted with Cloak of Mists (enchanted creature is unblockable)

DarthFerret: 20 (18?)
Library: 24
In play:

(U) Scrubland (W/B)
(U) Taiga (R/G)
(U) Plains
(U) Chrome Mox (blue)
(U) Mountain
(T) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Island

Survival of the Fittest

(T) Krosan Tusker (6/5)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, first 10 cards from library

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, 11th and 12th card from library

D

DarthFerret

First 10: Bayou, Sliver Queen, City of Brass, Swamp, Watchwolf, Gemstone Mine, Pyre Zombie, Cromat, Will-o'-the Wisp, Utopia Tree

Next 2: Coalition Victory, Gaea's Blessing

Will add this in the next post.

L

Limited

Other way around: you play the Glimpse, and once it is on the stack, you check to see what might have triggered. The Circu triggers are put on the stack on top of the Glimpse and resolve before the Glimpse does.

D

DarthFerret

Since my deck is Highlander, I am not going to bother to denote which ones Circu RFG'd. No real need to. And btw, ouch, that hurt!

Untap, upkeep, draw, discard a plain to play Mox Diamond, Swing with the krosan and the gatekeeper, done.

[Edited to show changes in the RFG cards..]

Spiderman: 10
Library: 34
In play:

(T,U,U,U) Underground Sea x4 (B/U Dual)
(T,U) Island x2

(T) Spire Golem (2/4, flying) * enchanted with Cloak of Mists (enchanted creature is unblockable)

DarthFerret: 18
Hand: 1
Library: 23
In play:

(U) Scrubland (W/B)
(U) Taiga (R/G)
(U) Plains
(U) Chrome Mox (blue)
(U) Mountain
(U) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Island
(U) Mox Diamond

Survival of the Fittest

(T) Krosan Tusker (6/5)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, Coalition Victory, Gaea's Blessing, City of Brass, Swamp, Watchwolf, Gemstone Mine, Pyre Zombie, Cromat, Will-o'-the Wisp, Utopia Tree, Plains,

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, Bayou, Sliver Queen

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Limited

I'll tap 2 Seas to Malice the Tusker. Take 1 from the Gatekeeper.

Not sure if that changes your turn or anything...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, Malice triggers Circu. Gotta lose another card...

Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with the Golem for 2, Done.

Spiderman: 9
Library: 33
In play:

(U,U) Island x2

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Demonic Tutor, Underground River, Clone, Nettling Imp, Phage the Untouchable, Spite/Malice

DarthFerret: 16
Library: 22
In play:

(U) Scrubland (W/B)
(U) Taiga (R/G)
(U) Plains
(U) Chrome Mox (blue)
(U) Mountain
(U) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Island
(U) Mox Diamond

Survival of the Fittest

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, Coalition Victory, Gaea's Blessing, City of Brass, Swamp, Watchwolf, Gemstone Mine, Pyre Zombie, Cromat, Will-o'-the Wisp, Utopia Tree, Plains, Krosan Tusker

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, Bayou, Sliver Queen, top library card

D

DarthFerret

Ok, it was an Underground Sea,

Untap Upkeep, Draw, Swing with both critters....responses?

In play:

(U,U) Island x2

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Demonic Tutor, Underground River, Clone, Nettling Imp, Phage the Untouchable, Spite/Malice

Library: 20
In play:

(U) Scrubland (W/B)
(U) Taiga (R/G)
(U) Plains
(U) Chrome Mox (blue)
(U) Mountain
(U) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Island
(U) Mox Diamond

Survival of the Fittest

(T) Squee, Goblin Nabob (1/1, returns to hand if in g'yard)

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, Coalition Victory, Gaea's Blessing, City of Brass, Swamp, Watchwolf, Gemstone Mine, Pyre Zombie, Cromat, Will-o'-the Wisp, Utopia Tree, Plains, Krosan Tusker

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, Bayou, Sliver Queen, Underground Sea

D

DarthFerret

Ok, tap out to play a 15 point earthquake! (Crossing Fingers!!)

In play:

(U,U) Island x2

Library: 20
In play:

(T) Scrubland (W/B)
(T) Taiga (R/G)
(T) Plains
(T) Chrome Mox (blue)
(T) Mountain
(T) Savanah (W/G)
(T) Reflecting Pool (W/B/R/G)
(T) Island
(T) Mox Diamond

Survival of the Fittest

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, Bayou, Sliver Queen, Underground Sea

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Whew! Tap the two Graves to cast Undermine (and triggering Circu twice) and use the last mana to use my Icy to tap Squee.

D

DarthFerret

ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!! Island and Sliver Overlord.

I am done. btw.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo-hoo!

Untap, upkeep, Draw, attack with both my guys, tap a Grave, both Islands, and River to cast Szadek-Lord of Secrets - triggering Circu twice, use the last mana to use my Icy to tap Squee, Done.

Spiderman: 7
Library: 32
In play:

(T) Underground River (B/U Pain)
(T,T) Island x2

(T) Circu-Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, Whenever I play a blue spell, remove the top card from target library from the game. Same for a black spell. My opponents can't play nonland cards with the same name as a card removed from the game with Circu)
(S) Szadek, Lord of Secret (5/5, flying, if ~ would deal combat dmg to a player, instead put that many +1/+ ctrs on ~ and that player mills that many cards)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Demonic Tutor, Underground River, Clone, Nettling Imp, Phage the Untouchable, Spite/Malice, Undermine

DarthFerret: 9
Library: 18
In play:

(T) Scrubland (W/B)
(T) Taiga (R/G)
(T) Plains
(T) Chrome Mox (blue)
(T) Mountain
(T) Savanah (W/G)
(T) Reflecting Pool (W/B/R/G)
(T) Island
(T) Mox Diamond

Survival of the Fittest

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, Coalition Victory, Gaea's Blessing, City of Brass, Swamp, Watchwolf, Gemstone Mine, Pyre Zombie, Cromat, Will-o'-the Wisp, Utopia Tree, Plains, Krosan Tusker, Earthquake

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, Bayou, Sliver Queen, Underground Sea, Island, Sliver Overlord, top 2 cards from library

D

DarthFerret

Arghh..Circu is annoying. Got aTundra and my Vindicate (drat)

Untap, upkeep, draw, Tap Savanah to discard a putrid warrior, and go get a BOP, use remainging green to cast him, swing with both critters..done.

Spiderman: 7
Library: 32
In play:

(T) Underground River (B/U Pain)
(T,T) Island x2

(T) Circu-Dimir Lobotomist (2/3, Whenever I play a blue spell, remove the top card from target library from the game. Same for a black spell. My opponents can't play nonland cards with the same name as a card removed from the game with Circu)
(S) Szadek, Lord of Secret (5/5, flying, if ~ would deal combat dmg to a player, instead put that many +1/+ ctrs on ~ and that player mills that many cards)

Graveyard: Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Polluted Delta, Demonic Tutor, Underground River, Clone, Nettling Imp, Phage the Untouchable, Spite/Malice, Undermine

DarthFerret: 9
Library: 18
In play:

(U) Scrubland (W/B)
(U) Taiga (R/G)
(U) Plains
(U) Chrome Mox (blue)
(U) Mountain
(T) Savanah (W/G)
(U) Island
(U) Mox Diamond

Survival of the Fittest

(S) Birds of Paradise

Graveyard: Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Jaymede Tome, Unsummon, Wheel of Fortune, Terminate, Coalition Victory, Gaea's Blessing, City of Brass, Swamp, Watchwolf, Gemstone Mine, Pyre Zombie, Cromat, Will-o'-the Wisp, Utopia Tree, Plains, Krosan Tusker, Earthquake, putrid warrior

RFG: Dream Halls, Kird Ape, Bayou, Sliver Queen, Underground Sea, Island, Sliver Overlord, Tundra, vindicate