Card texts

E

ErinPuff

A ruler wears a crown while the rest of us wear hats, but which would you rather have when it's raining? (aw, I forget what card that's from.. but I think it's blue)

A

Apollo

>Sneak Attack
>Nothin' beats surprise. 'xcept an rock.

This is actually "Nothin' beats surprise. 'Cept rock." I'm pretty sure it comes from Richard Garfield, who loves to tell the story about his friends who always threw rock in Rock, Paper, Scissors. Just a thought.

Anyway, my favorites are the two signatures I've had:

"Anybody want some... toast?" Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

And the one currently on the bottom of this post.

N

nanokill

greel
"your latulla's gift to me, and I always play with my presents."
steadfast guard
"the mercadians were prepared for the guard, but the guard was even more prepared for the mercadians."

king cheetah

"If you find yourself and a friend being chased by a king cheetah, you have but one chance: Trip your friend."
-Suq'Ata wisdom
robe of mirror
"does this make me look fat."

Fodder cannon Step 1. find a cousin
step 2. put your cousin in the cannon
step 3. find another cousin

D

Django

“My power is as vast as the plains; my strength is that of mountains. Each wave that crashes upon the shore thunders like blood in my veins.”
—Dakkon Blackblade, Memoirs

Majestic!

E

Elrond

"The Keldons might have explosive tempers, but I have explosives."

"Any day that I ride my horse up to my ankles in the remains of my enemies is a good day."-Akin, seasoned askari

Squee bounced up and down. "I sees a horsey, an' a piggy, an' a--" "If you don't shut up," hissed Mirri, "you'll see a kidney and a spleeny."

"Gnawed to death. Bad way to go."

"You want to know your enemy? Look at your feet while you trample him."-Tahngarth of the Weatherlight

"We have been patient. We have planned our attack. We are ready...now."-Eldamri, Lord of Leaves

"You stop breathing for just a few minutes and evryoune jumps to conclusions."-Zarkuu, necrosavant

Born with wings of light and a sword of faith, this heavenly incarnation embodies bot fury and purity.

Once heard, the battle song of an angel becomes part of the listener forever.

"Rage is the only freedom left me."-Greven il-Vec

"If they move, kill them. In fact, kill one now to make sure the other understands."

K

K1

These days, mages are finding a little spell left at the end of their mana.

P

Plaguelord

Confiscate:

"I don't understand why he works so hard on a device to duplicate a sound so easily made with hand and armpit"
-Barrin, progress report

Rebel Informer:

The problem with mercanaries is htat if you can buy their loyalty, others can too.

Endless Wurm:

Ages ago, a party of elves took cover to let one pass. They're still waiting.

Goblin King:

To become king of the Goblins, one must assassinate the previous king. Thus, only the most foolish seek positions of leadership.

Hidden Retreat:

After an hour in the hidey-hole, Squee seriously pondered the advantages of danger over boredom.

Thran Lens:

"Every device inthe rig is evidence of Thran enlightenment. All mana was the same to them, whether from rock or water, growth or decay. Can you imagine such unity of vision?"
-Urza, journal

Tolarian Academy:

The academy worked with time-until time ran out.

Sliver Queen:

Her Broods are forever part of her.

E

Elrond

"Someone must have done something very bad to make a rock that angry."-Rebel scout

Wound, maim, kill: it's all the same to a Keldon

The worst thing about being a depraved pirate is having to work with a bunch of depraved pirates.

Sometimes everyone decides to go for help at the same time.

"You're willing to die for your homeland. I'm willing to kill for it."-Latulla, Keldon Overseer

Mortal minds shrivel at its touch.

"This may hurt a lot."

"I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of thier dried bones as I waded through them."-Volrath

"The fatal flaw in every plan is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."-Volrath

When goblins blow themselves up, it's called stupidity. When humans do, it's called heroism.

Mercadia's Kyren goblins are the opposite of Dominarian goblins; they're smart and cowardly.

A pretty little death is still death.

"Most wizards consider a thunderbolt to be a proper retort."-Ertai, wizard adept

T

Thrash Golem

"Only a villain would unleash a Giant Fan on anyone!"
-Giant Fan

"If you're gonna lose, at least make sure they don't win as much!"
-Last-Ditch Effort

"Only the elves know where the woods end and the Woodworm begins"
-Coiling Woodworm

"Things are going to change around here"
-Ascendant Evincar

"Wonderful! You got a lion on your first try! Now put it back."
-Quicksilver Amulet

"This may hurt a little"
-Rackling

"This may hurt a lot"
-Viseling

"Ach, Hans, run! It's the Lhurgoyf!"
-Lhurgoyf

"Sit. Heel! Down! HELP!"
-Wild Mammoth

"Eternal life or your money back!"
-Elixir of Vitality

"The best things in life are free. Money, for instance"
-Rishadan Footpad

"It possesses no intelligence, only counter-intelligence"
-Scragnoth

"But it doesn't do anything!" said Gerrard.
"No, it does nothing!" replied Hanna.
-Null Rod

last ditch effort is my favorite, followed by giant fan then elixir of vitality

T

train

Goblin Bombardment
Tempest
One mogg to aim the catapult, one mogg to steer the rock.