Card: Flourish, Every Land? Oldskool fun ala Eureka!

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

I've always loved cards that create explosive conditions... even if they suck, like our friend the tempting wurm for example :D..

Green seems to be just getting bigger and bigger with the number of lands you can fetch... first natures lore 1G for 1 land untapped was awesome, then comes along rampant growth, harrow, gaea's bounty, explosive vegetation and the new one from saviors to get you 3 lands in hand...
even now with hana kami and soulless revival, you can create loops to give you 10, 12 15 land. i figured why not go big and punish the caster... or let other colors have a shot at it as well.. it would heighten the game to a level of insanity..

player 1:ill pestilence for 19, wait,
player 2:ill fireball you for 26, or pulse of the forge you 8x
player 3:ill cast everything in my hand to prevent all damage
player 4:i'll beacon of creation for 25
player 5: ill sacrifice all my lands to zuran orb to gain 40

I didnt want green to get anything ridiculously cheesy from lands coming into play, so the first part of this spell is removing everything... secondly.. its a sorcery, so you have to play it on your turn, meaning your opponents all get every single basic land from their library in play for a whole turn before you do....

thoughts?

Attachments

E

evan d

Might be kinda broken with what I think is kismet, where lands come into play tapped, because, you get the mana before them.

F

Force of Will Smith

i dunno though, they come into play anyhow... they get to untap theirs first and use it..

E

evan d

I got it, Veldaken Orrey. The flavor text should be, Making cards broken for centuries

S

Swiftcutter

The whole removing permanents from the game thing seems akward and unecessary. The card would be cool without it.

F

Force of Will Smith

my main thing was saviors has the new enchantments where whenever a land comes into play, you gain 1 life, or you get a 1/1 snake...

this way you wouldnt get like 20 snake tokens.. or gain 40 life.. also if you managed to have an enchantment out that animates all your lands, and a blasting station, you could deal a mess of damage easily..

or a soul warden could net you like 40 life and maybe more in multiplayer.

those were the main reasons..

E

evan d

Yes, but, ussually in my group, when there is not a signifiant threat, the one with the most life is.

Slice and dice my friend.

F

Force of Will Smith

yeah this one i havent tried.. mainly because i dont usually play a lot of green, and a deck that would utilitize this.... um... well.. hard to say... especially since everyone gets lands.. plus the majority of my customs are black and artifact..

i have like maybe 9 green...