Can the people here be more helpful then the folks over at MTGnews.com?

I

Istanbul

You're going to think I'm a little crazy, but...

...how about Howling Mine and Disrupting Scepter?

The latter offsets the drawback of the former, and the extra cards you draw will help feed Unmask and get you more discard in general.

I'd also take Greel out in favor of Masticore. Two Wumpi are great, but in a 60-card deck, you're going to need more than 2 creature-control cards.

I'm also inclined to agree with Gizmo about losing Enforcer/Specter for Plaguelord/Gnomes, and would substitute Order of Yawgmoth for Chilling Apparition. Your opponent can hold back something as simple as a 1/2 creature to deal with Chilling Apparition, but there's a good chance that OofY will be a steady source of discard AND damage.

Just a thought.

T

tyger51

disrupting scepter is the bomb! add those and voltaic keys. maybe some more artifacts to take advantage of the keys. add at least 2 avatar of woe or splash blue for avatar of will. temporal adept/disrupting scepter is one of my favorite combos, but it requires lots of blue

P

Purple_jester

I played discard as one of my earlier decks, and I still do. Just a thought on some cards you could also use:

1) Stupor. You can Ritual it and it gets rid of 2 cards.

2) Disrupting Scepter. One the hand is gone, this locks 'em down.

3) Wheel of Torture. Sigh, without the Rack, this is the best you can get. And it isn't killed by Thrashing Wumpus.

4) Order of Yawgmoth. How about 4 of this, and 2 each of the Specter and Apparition? Some people may not like the Apparition, but it drives green Blastoderms crazy.

5) Perish. If you can find one, it's never bad. Especially with the number of monocolored decks today.

That's about it if you stick with type 2. I'll tell you now, Type 2 discard is nothing compared to the old days, when the best discard cards had H-Y- as the first 2 letters of their name.

Wow. This is my first reply in this forum.

D

DÛke

And you're doing great at it Purple Girl :)
I think Power Keg and/or Ticking Gnomes would be great, especially Ticking Gnomes. Black can't survive against Nightwind Glider these days, so Ticking Gnoems is great for that, and great for any annoying little creatures(There seems to be so many of them!)

Speaking of annoying little creatures, Rath's Edge could do great job getting rid of Mother of Ruins, Gliders, Mercs, and all the other 1 toughness creatures. Rath's Edge is the best land in T2 right now...Rishadan Port doesn't count :)