Call for booster

B

BigBlue

Hmmm....

Should we wait until someone can generate them in Apprentice?

I'm not complaining about what I got, but if the generator is goofy I think it's better to use a more consistent generator... I'd use Shandalar (thanks for the link spidey), but it's not a full set of the Dark...

I don't recall the Dark as being an 8 card booster... but it's been a long time... I thought there were only 4 sets (AN, AQ, FE, and Alliances) w/ 8 cards...

B

Budget Player Cadet

I need two torment boosters, one for me, and one for turgy22.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BB: If want the apprentice generated packs, I can't do that at work... sorry

Does anyone know which sets that suitcase mucks up?

B

BigBlue

MM: in the 8 card sets... the Rare was usually a U1 while Uncommons were a U3... This meant on the entire sheet of uncommons, each rare was printed once, and each uncommon printed 3 times.

They included 2 "uncommons" in each 8 card pack... so sometimes you wouldn't get a single rare - just 2 uncommons... sometimes, you'd even get 2 of the same common in a pack.

I think Spidey is involved somehow in the Suitcase project, but I don't know in what capacity... I grabbed their database and looked at it in Access. It's pretty complete. I don't think it tracked U1 vs U3 though, so I don't know how it generates packs... I think in AN and AQ, they even had some U2 cards, and I know they had extra Commons on some... Not counting the different pictures...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I am actually the "database adder" guy... when an expansion comes out, I take the spoiler and turn into a Suitcase db... I started at BOK.

Like I mentioned to Mooseman publicly?, the "problem" with the Suitcase generator is that it doesn't keep track of whether U1 is considered rare or not, just that it's an uncommon. Someone could probably make the case to consider it U1, but since it's mainly an Inventory program, the feeling I have gotten from the group is that it should stay true to how the card is printed. In the program, there is an option to consider U1 as rare so it would come up when filtering for just rares, but not in the booster generator part (I think).

There is an effort to make a new version so maybe that option can be added in (considering U1 as rare when generating boosters).

So if BB wants to use Apprentice for the boosters, that's fine with me... although it does cut Mooseman out for the time being...

EDIT: Hey turgy22, I see you've joined the Mindmaster fun. Wanna play?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Generated....

Spidey and I have been waiting on Apocalypse packs for a while.... assuming that the entire CPA has been watching our feud at the edge of their seats.

Ransac, cpa trash man