BYOS, Round 1: Al0ysiusHWWW vs. Ransac

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Did you just discard geddon by default? You could still randomly discard the dead card. That's totally allowed in my book.

I take the damage.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Yeah, I discarded it by default. I really appreciate the fact that you just want to play the game, BUT at some point I'm gonna needed to be faulted for my reckless mistakes. It's cool. I'll discard the Orb the next time you attack.

And with no cards in hand and you being tapped out, I kinda figured you had no responses to my attack.... which is why I said "done."

:D

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

UUD

Attack. Go.

Al0ysiusHWWW: 16
Hand: 1
Library: 42
Play:

(T) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ does damage to an opponent they must randomly discard a card)

Gloom (White spells and activated abilities abilities cost 3 more to play)

(U) Bayou (T:G/B)
(U,U) Swamp
(U) Forest

GY: Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Birds of Paradise, Night's Whisper, Perish, Bayou, Eternal Witness, Birds of Paradise, Phyrexian Plaguelord, Unmask
RFG: Hypnotic Specter

Ransac: 8?
Hand: 0 (Zuran Orb is dead)
Library: 39
Play:

(UU) Scrubland (T: W/B)
(U) Taiga (T: R/G)
(U) Tropical Island (T: U/G)
(U) Savannah (T: W/G)
(UU) Tundra (T: U/W)

(T) Eternal Witness (2/1, When ~ citp return card from GY to your hand)

GY: Etched Oracle, Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Eternal Witness, Birds of Paradise, Etched Oracle, Etched Oracle, Wasteland, Regrowth, Serendib Efreet, Eternal Witness, Llanowar Elves, Swords to Plowshares, Multani, Armageddon
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Discarded the Dead card.

Untap, Upkeep, Draw......... think............... eh.... why not? Armageddon. Attack for 2. Done.

Al0ysiusHWWW: 14
Hand: 1
Library: 42
Play:

(T) Hypnotic Specter (2/2; Flying; Whenever ~ does damage to an opponent they must randomly discard a card)

(U) Bayou (T:G/B)
(U,U) Swamp
(U) Forest

GY: Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Birds of Paradise, Night's Whisper, Perish, Bayou, Eternal Witness, Birds of Paradise, Phyrexian Plaguelord, Unmask, Bayou, Swamp, Swamp, Forest

Ransac: 8
Hand: 0
Library: 38
Play:

GY: Etched Oracle, Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Eternal Witness, Birds of Paradise, Etched Oracle, Etched Oracle, Wasteland, Regrowth, Serendib Efreet, Eternal Witness, Llanowar Elves, Swords to Plowshares, Multani, Armageddon, Zuran Orb, Scrubland, Scrubland, Taiga, Tropical Island, Savannah, Tundra, Tundra, Armageddon
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

Sorry, I thought I responded to this days ago.

UUD Attack.

Go.

Al0ysiusHWWW: 14
Hand: 2
Library: 41
Play:

GY: Dark Ritual, Dark Ritual, Birds of Paradise, Night's Whisper, Perish, Bayou, Eternal Witness, Birds of Paradise, Phyrexian Plaguelord, Unmask, Bayou, Swamp, Swamp, Forest

Ransac: 6
Library: 38
Play:

GY: Etched Oracle, Swords to Plowshares, Regrowth, Eternal Witness, Birds of Paradise, Etched Oracle, Etched Oracle, Wasteland, Regrowth, Serendib Efreet, Eternal Witness, Llanowar Elves, Swords to Plowshares, Multani, Armageddon, Zuran Orb, Scrubland, Scrubland, Taiga, Tropical Island, Savannah, Tundra, Tundra, Armageddon
RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Attack for 2. Wasteland. Done.

Al0ysiusHWWW: 12
Library: 41
Play:

Ransac: 6
Library: 37
Play:

(U) Wasteland (T: 1. T, sacrifice Wasteland: Destroy Target Non-Basic land.)

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Al0ysiusHWWW

UUD

Swamp.

Attack.

Go.

Al0ysiusHWWW: 12
Library: 40
Play:

Ransac: 4
Library: 37
Play:

(U) Wasteland (T: 1. T, sacrifice Wasteland: Destroy Target Non-Basic land.)

RFG:

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Untap, Upkeep, Draw..... and I'll concede. I drew another Etched Oracle. I won't be able to cast it and nothing I draw next turn will be able to help.

Game 3 then. I'll play first. I'll post my first move tomorrow.... after I've found something to replace the Zuran Orb with.

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

In a sanctioned tournament you'd have to replace it with a basic land.. just saying :)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Modus Pwnens;283281 said:
In a sanctioned tournament you'd have to replace it with a basic land.. just saying :)

Perhaps, but here I had the "luxury" of sending my decklist to another member for verification/validation and heard no response.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Modus Pwnens;283288 said:
Brainstorm is in Masques, so that's legal?
I think it's restricted - Al0ysiusHWW has multiples.

I didn't think Mooseman was supposed to validate the decklists....

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
He wasn't?.... I thought he was...

Anyway, I finally found a suitable replacement for the Orbs and sent MM my new list.

Draw 7, keep 7, Bayou, Llanowar Elves. Done.

Al0ysiusHWWW: ??
Hand: ?
Library: ??
Play:

GY:
RFG:

Ransac: 20
Hand: 5
Library: 54
Play:

(T) Bayou (B/G)

(S) Llanowar Elves (1/1, T: G)

GY:
RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know, maybe he was, but if he was, it wasn't clear to me. Like I said when we started out, I wasn't exactly sure why we were sending in decklists in the first place since this whole thing is on the honor system :)

M

Modus Pwnens

Reading back in the ByoS thread, it seems to me that it was just to dramatically decrease the risks of abuse, such as changing sideboard cards depending on the metagame. Although there is an honour system, it does help to pretty much eliminate any chances by having someone collecting the decklists (since people, including me, were righteously opposed to posting them in public)

Stil, I'm fine with you replacing them..

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman;283295 said:
I didn't think Mooseman was supposed to validate the decklists....
Really? I thought he was T.O. I mean, it doesn't really matter anyway, but I thought that was the point of us sending him our decklists.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like I said, I wasn't sure why we were sending him the decklists. He volunteered, but it wasn't clear that he was checking them. In fact, looking at mine, it appears I have one illegal card in my sideboard that I have to replace.

So since that's three decks with problems right now, it's pretty clear to me that Mooseman didn't think of himself as the deck validator, just the central person to collect decklists, maybe to post when we're all done.

Melkor

I didn't think he was supposed to check them for legality, I thought it was just to make sure we weren't switching cards that were in our decks

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Modus Pwnens;283304 said:
Reading back in the ByoS thread, it seems to me that it was just to dramatically decrease the risks of abuse, such as changing sideboard cards depending on the metagame.
But that seems pretty hard to do by accident. And if someone wanted to cheat on purpose, he could still do it by controlling his own draws, which would be the easiest and most effective way to do it anyway...