BWG Token

T

Terentius

Token stuff, based off of Sorin's duel deck.

Current deck is here (below).

I'm also still looking for gimmicks that would allow me to be like "ha, my creatures come from spells rather than creature cards, so I'll benefit greatly from X!", where X is something like Feroz's Ban, but not crappy.

T

Terentius

I used cards I had for this to build part of a Commander deck, and at the same time streamlined this 60 card deck.

Twilight Tokens
Creatures: 4
4 Doomed Traveler

Enchantments: 12
4 Intangible Virtue
3 Parallel Lives
1 Exquisite Blood
2 Whip of Erebos
1 Spear of Heliod
1 Bow of Nylea

Sorcery: 10
4 Hour of Reckoning
4 Lingering Souls
2 Spectral Procession

Instant: 7
2 Altar's Reap
2 Zealous Persecution
3 Sundering Growth

Planeswalkers: 6 (Do you get why it's called Twilight Tokens? Do ya?)
2 Elspeth, Knight-Errant
2 Garruk Relentless/Garruk, the Veil-Cursed
2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

Lands: 21
2 Temple of Silence
1 Windswept Heath
1 Tainted Field
1 Vault of the Archangel
1 Sandsteppe Citadel
1 Sunpetal Grove
1 Grove of the Guardian
1 Shimmering Grotto
5 Plains
4 Swamps
3 Forest
---------------------------------
Total: 60 cards

I feel like there's a lot of junk in the deck because I wanted to make it fun and have flavor, but the premise is the same as before: build up tokens, beat them down with Intangible Virtue, and hold out for mostly one-sided creature wipe with Hour of Reckoning.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I have the Counterpunch deck, although it's now incomplete because I took out Karador and Vish Kal (and Command Tower) for my dredge-based Commander deck. It's a cool deck, although sadly it's probably too hard to find and too expensive to be worth buying anymore. Vish Kal is really impressive though. I'm tempted to cut Carrion Feeder from my deck, but I'm short on sacrifice outlets and it's better than nothing. But Vish Kal is so much better and I can't believe I didn't start running him in my deck from the beginning. I'm apprehensive about seven-mana creatures and they'd better do something worthwhile, but he's just well worth it. Hope you can pick one up for your deck.

Hm, too bad that Recurring Nightmare is "banned" in Commander. I was just thinking about how well it would work in this sort of deck, but it's probably out of the question. I do have some other notions, which I'll post when I have more time...

T

Terentius

On Twilight Tokens:

-1 Empty the Pits
-1 Whip of Erebos
-2 Gleeful Sabotage - I misread the conspire ability
-2 Plains
-1 Swamp
-1 Forest
+1 Sandsteppe Citadel
+1 Windswept Heath
+1 Grove of the Guardian