Bull in a China Shop

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Poison:
2 to 6 players
Three large cauldron tiles are placed on the table, and then fifty cards are shuffled and evenly dealt to each player. Cards are either one of three different types of potions (red, blue, or purple - values "1", "2", "4", "5", or "7"), or poison cards (green - value "4"). One player begins, and then play proceeds clockwise around the table. ON a player's turn, they simply play one of their cards face up onto one of the cauldrons. The first player can play a card to any of the three cauldrons, but after that, all players may only play a card into a cauldron that contains cards of the same color. Also, once a cauldron has a color, cards of that color may be placed there only.

A poison card can be placed in any pot, even one that is empty - no cauldron is ever considered to be "green". If a player places a card in a cauldron that causes the total sum there to exceed thirteen, then they must take all the cards lying there (not the one they just played) and place them face down in front of themselves. Play continues until all of the cards have been played. At this point, all cards are revealed. The player who has the most cards of each of the three main colors may discard all the cards they have of that color. Players then score one point for each card they have and two points for each Poison card they have. The amounts are recorded, and another round begins. At the end of the game (one round for each player), the player with the lowest score wins the game!

Our board would look like this:

Red Cauldron : 4 + 5 + 2 ( all cards of that color) =11
Green Cauldron: 7 + 5 + 1 ( all cards of that color) =13
Purple Cauldron: 7 + 4P ( this is a purple 7 and a poison card)) =11

Player 1:
Red - 3
Green - 0
Purple - 0
Poison - 1

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Count me out. I don't wanna learn any more new games. Too much thinking involved (my biggest weakness).

Come on! Let's do an oldie!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

Poison is another Knizia game. We've actually played it here once a long time ago. I'm willing to play.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You know I'm up to it. :)

Maybe after this I'll do a Beyond Balderdash or WWYT game... seeing as how we have some new players. Maybe they'll be interested...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
As stated before, I'm out. I'm all for new games, but this one was boring and I didn't even care about it after the first few rounds. I wanna do something creative!!!!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's real easy.

EB (or the moderator, since I run it also), gives you a question along the lines of "List 5 x", such as "List 5 Magic expansions" (I believe it's always 5 too). You PM him the list of the 5 Magic expansions that YOU think other players will list. He tallies the total votes each expansion gets from all players - that's the expansion's "score". So say after all of us give him lists, we have

Tempest 5 (5 people listed this)
Weatherlist 2 (2 people listed this)
Saga 5
Ice Age 3
Mirrodin 1 (only 1 person listed this).
Arabian Nights 1

Then he adds up your score by adding the expansions together on your list; so if you put down Mirrodin, Saga, Tempest, Weatherlight, and Ice Age, you get 16 total points.

The top scorer gets 5 Game Points, the second place gets 3, the third place 2, the fourth place 1. If there's a tie for top points, say second place, they both get 3 points, but that means the third place slot was also "taken", so the next points given would be 1.

And you play to x points or x rounds, usually x points.