Broodstar affinity (i think thats what they call it)

H

Homestar

o.k you guys are right. after further inspection, im gonna go with what u said rev. my instants and sorceries are:

Thoughtcast x2
Thirst For Knowledge
Catalog
Inspiration x2

i went with draw like u said but i didnt have what i thought i did. i only own 2 thoughtcasts and 1 thirst for knowledge. until i get more thoughtcasts inspirations are trying ashard as they can to hold its place. but, just until i get more draw, i was thiking of going:

Thoughtcast x2
Thirst For Knowledge
Assert Authority x3

just until i get more draw. i did put in 2 bonesplitters but after i said im gonna do what u suggested, i have to change the whole deck. so i will change it using ur post and post the new decklist once i do.

H

Homestar

o.k and now my next problem is the ornithopters. the ONLY 1 casting cost artifact creatures i have are clockwork beetle, yes or no? i am thinking heck no but i could be wrong. then about the steel walls the only decent 1-3 cc artifact creatures i have are cathadion, myr retreiver, and alpha and omega myr. i do have more sober hoverguards but they arent artifact creatures. should i replace for the, n e way? and for my instants im gonna play :

Mana Leak x2
Assert Authority x2
Thoughtcast x2
Thirst For Knowledge
Inspiration

Like i said, ust until i get more draw. im gonna try to get 2 more thoughtcast, 1 more thirst for knowledge, and 2 concentrate(this cards amazing!). and for the artifacts i will trade in the scales for spellbombs and stuff. so now, my decklist looks like this.

Creatures:
Somber Hoverguard x3
Fromite x4
Arcbound Worker
Broodstar x2
Myr Enforcer x4

Instants/Sorceries:
Mana Leak x2
Assert Authority x2
Thoughtcast x2
Thirst For Knowledge
Inspiration

Artifacts:
Bonesplitter x4
Chrome Mox
Aether Spellbomb x3
Tooth Of Chiss-Goria x2
Welding Jar x4
Planar Portal
Necrogen Spellbomb x3

I think i need a bigger creature base but i have nothing else. What i posted up there was literally all the other artifact creatures i have that had the casting cost's u suggested.

H

Homestar

Alright everyone, i just got back from FNM and i got some good cards for the deck. i picked up 2 more thoughtcats, 2more Thirst For Knowledge, 2 more Broodstars, 1 Vedalken Archmage, and 1 lightning Greaves. so this what i have for the new deck. now, u guys still arent gonna get me to take out the steel walls cuz it saved me tonight. it saved me against gobblin bidding. i took out his piledriver some how so he had no other strong guys so he could attack until i dropped the broodstar and killed him. so i will not take them out. heres my new deck.

Creatures:
Broodstar x4
Myr Enforcer x4
Frogmite x4
Vedalken Archmage
Steel Wall x3
Somber Hoverguard x2

Instants/Sorceries:
Thirst For Knowledge x3
Thoughtcast x4

Artifacts:
Bonesplitter x4
Tooth Of Chiss-Goria x2(i totally forgot to buy 2 more but ill do it on tuesday)
Aether Spellbomb x3
Lightning Greaves
Welding Jar x4
Necrogen Spellbomb x3

Land:
Vault Of Whispers x4
Darksteel Citadel x3
Island x4
Ancient Den x3
Tree Of Tales x2
Seat Of The Synod x4

I looked and looked for concentrate but i couldnt find it. i was so bent on gettingmy broodstars and my draw cards i totally forgot about the tooth's. but, i feel like it got a whole bunch better. i tossed the portal cuz i thought it was unnessecary with all these spellbombs and draw and 4 broodtars. so, thats what im playin now, n e more suggestions?

M

mythosx

looks lean and mean. id say its fine. If people like to play goblin bidding then maybe you are right about the steel walls. I personally wouldnt run them but then again my friends don't play bidding.

H

Homestar

yea. the vedalkan archmage works wonders in this deck. cuz 9 times outta 10, im gonna draw another artifact or some kind of instant or sorcerie that lets me draw cards wherein i draw an artifact, rinse lather reapeat.

i threw in 1 more tooth of chiss-goria, i traded my friend.

H

Homestar

nah, the deck works fine. cuz even if shrapnels are good finishers, one attack from broodstar brings them down to about 7 if i didnt beat face with myr enforcers earlier. and, i made aa few adjustments:

Creatures:
Qumulox x2
Lumengrid Sentinel x2 (he is so amazing with the archmage)
Myr Enforcer x4
Frogmite x4
Broodstar x4
Vedalken Archmage x2

Instants/Sorceries:
Thirst For Knowledge x3
Thoughtcast x4
Concentrate x3

Artifacts:
Necrogen Spellbomb x4
Welding Jar x4
Tooth Of Chiss-Goria x3
Cranial Plating
Aether Spellbomb x3
Bonesplitter x3
Lightning Greaves

Land:
Island x4
Seat Of The Synod x4
Vault Of Whispers x4
Tree Of Tales x3
Great Furnace x2
Ancient Den x3
Darksteel Citadel x3

H

Homestar

I was sick and tired of not drawing enuff sources of blue mana to play the broodstars, so i made an adustment with the lands and the other stuff, heres my deck now:

Creatures:
Broodstar x4
Frogmite x4
Myr Enforcer x4
----------------------
12 creatures

Instants/Sorceries:
Thirst For Knowledge x3
Concentrate (im thinking of taking this out for 1 more thirst)
Thoughtcast x4
Spoils Of The Vault (i kno what ur thinking but this has actually helped me out a lot in tight spots)
Retract (so many ppl play U/W control and obliderate i need this desperatly)
Feedback Bolt

Artifacts:
Necrogen Spellbomb x3
Aether Spellbomb x3
Tooth of Chiss-Goria x3
Pentad Prism
Welding Jar x4
Cranial Plating x4
Lightning Greaves

Land:
Island x7
Seat Of The Synod x4