H

Heavy B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited
How about putting in a lot of two drops that fix your mana? For instance:
4x Sakura-Tribe Elder
4x Wall of Roots
4x Vine Trellis

Now, starting turn 4, you'll have four mana (guaranteed! ) so you play a series of nasty landdestruction spells with added abilities:
4x Rolling Spoil
4x Despoil
4x Befoul
4x Creeping Mold

And I'll add the most annoying card ever:
4x Plow Under

And you'll have room for some mass removal
4x Hideous Laughter/Disk

And then the most obvious finisher:
4x Terravore!

10 Forests, 6 Swamps and 4 Llanowar Wastes makes 60!

Hmm.. forgot to put your Stripmines in the deck.. perhaps instead of Despoil?
*sigh*

While I really like the above idea and it's likely better than the final deck that I decided upon the one thing that keeps me from it is that the LD doesn't start coming until turn four. Most decks are in their groove by turn four or five thus I value the idea of LD on turn two or three for some true disruption.

My new most recent deck:

4x Strip Mine
3x Icequake
3x Thermokarst
3x Creeping Mold
2x Rolling Spoil
3x Befoul

3x Disk
3x Sylvan Library
4x Sol Ring

4x Vine Trellis
4x Wall of Roots
4x Terravore

9x Forest
7x Swamp
4x Llanowar Wastes

The final deck is going to look something like what is above. I will likely replace Icequake with Rancid Earth and maybe work on the creature mix but that's pretty much it.

The spirit of this deck continues to elude me. Ya know that sweet spot that you hit...when you finalize a deck list, put it together, run through a few mock games but just drawing and seeing how the deck plays out uninterrupted the first five or so turns?

When you get it right there's that feeling that even though it's not perfect and though you won't win every game that the idea you had is finally on the table in front of you for better or worse.

I haven't yet hit that point with this deck.

Thanks to you all for your responses and assistance. I'm putting this project to bed for now and I'll get back to it after I move forward on some of my other decks.

L

Lythand

Just so you know. Its really hard to build a fast LD deck for type 1..which is what you are playing. One on One LD decks in T1 are slow, unless you have the money for Moxes..and maybe a black Lotus. In MP games, you have a better chance because people ussualy sit back to see whats gonna happen next. Just take it in stride. Only real format LD seems to work decent is Type 2, where the cards you can use are limited.

D

DarthFerret

Using black in a fast LD helps because (for type 1 only) you can put in a dark ritual or 4!