Blue is bad in multiplayer

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by TheCasualOblivion, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Oversoul The Tentacled One

I don't think that focused decks are bad in MP so much as that deckbuilders often focus on the wrong things.
  2. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Spidey--Would that he his famous "real men don't need blue" deck that we teased him for like three months before he finally posted? If so, I lost the link. Could you post it?

Oversoul--Agreed. People often think duel-mindedly, since that is almost all of what internet strategy writing is. That, and they often forget the political reactions to anything you do.
  3. TheCasualOblivion 10 year Veteran Newbie

Most recent version of the U/W deck with a splash of red I've talked about playing in multiplayer around here, for those who were wondering/asked about it.

Creatures-18

4 Voidmage Prodigy
    3 Galina's Knight(would be Meddling Mages if I had em)
    4 Man-O-War
    4 Lightning Angel
    3 Flametongue Kavu

Spells-24

4 Counterspell
    3 Absorb
    4 Swords To Plowshares
    2 Orim's Thunder
    2 Control Magic
    3 Wrath of God
    1 Balance
    2 Zuran Orb
    3 Fact or Fiction

Land-21 (17 Blue, 14 White, 7 Red)
    1 Tundra
    2 Plateau
    2 Battlefield Forge
    2 Adarkar Wastes
    3 Coastal Tower
    1 Cloudcrest Lake
    1 Undiscovered Paradise
    2 City of Brass
    7 Island

total-63 cards(building 61-63 card decks has always been a vice of mine)

This is just the version I just built. The version I was playing in multiplayer back then was a little different, but basically this deck. In multiplayer, I would just try to lay low and stay alive being as inconspicuous as possible, then win the final 1 on 1.
  4. Notepad Seffy Sefro

Huh? *wakes up* Teacher, the answer is THREAD NECROMANCY! *looks around at laughing students*

Oh...sorry...

Damn I hate falling asleep in class...

(But you really should knock that to 60 cards. No reason to ever play more if you're planning on winning. ;) Or, you can play more, if you're running Battle of Wits or something.

Or if there is Coat in your deck. Mmm, Coat...
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Man, I was going to reply to this once I found his thread but I forgot :rolleyes: Apparently it's not easily findable. I'll try to remember to keep looking.
  6. Oversoul The Tentacled One

Was that his "wild card" deck?
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I don't think so... why was it called the "wild card" deck?