Blizzard Cheaters Begone!

N

Nightstalkers

still can't get through Ultima Underworld... Can't seem to figure out what to do after rescuing the princess.

Wizardry doesn't strike me as all that good considering Wizardry 8.

N

Nightstalkers

Mirrodin
Mirrodin

Well, we can all stop calling it "Bacon."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wizards of the Coast will release Mirrodin™, the first expansion in the next block for the Magic: The Gathering trading card game, on October 6, 2003. Stay tuned to MagicTheGathering.com for details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The design team for this expansion is Mark Rosewater (lead), Bill Rose, Brian Tinsman, Mike Elliott, and Tyler Bielman.

The development team is Randy Buehler (lead), Brian Schneider, Henry Stern, Elaine Chase, Brandon Bozzi, and Brian Tinsman.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I didn't like Ultima Underground or the other one (there was another one, right?) that was "first person" rather than the traditional 3rd. And it's probably more nostalgia; I solved Ultima III and IV and got partway through V; I & II just had poor graphics when I started, so I didn't play those.

I only played up to Wizardry IV but liked it since it had the twist that you were the "evil" guy and trying to take out the good heros. But I got stuck midway getting out and never went back to it :(

N

Nightstalkers

Ultima Underworld was kinda ok... Just got to the near end saving the pricess then couldn't figure out what to do next.

Ferret

Staff member
I only played Wizardry VII and 8. I would like to have played someo of the older ones, but I have yet to figure out how to get old DOS games to play on my PC...

...however, I have played all Might & Magics from III through IX. Those were great games.

-Ferret

"...I think that there should be a Bard's Tale IV..."

N

Nightstalkers

Huh, you never hear that about the old Wind Commander games...

What about good old fashioned strategy/arcade type games?

Urban Chaos and Return Fire were kinds good... Only Urban didn't have a multiplayer support

Ferret

Staff member
I played all of the Wing Commander Games (as they were released, no less!). I think they were great, but I hated how Origins demanded that you have a top-of-the-line PC to play them on...

-Ferret

"While playing WCIII I learned patience while waiting for missions to load..."

N

Nightstalkers

Still can't find all of the WCIII Disks! Got 4,3,&2... Now where are the others?

Still hate all of those games with multiple CD's like that, But I guess its for the best because of the gaming companies getting smart and selling the extra disks as "Expansion Packs" What a bunch of evil companies... Why are we partially responsible for this thing? Another side effect of some other plan to dominate the world.

Ferret

Staff member
If you still need any of the disks for WC III (or IV (or prophesy)) just email me and I can arange to send them to you...they're just collecting dust w/ me and no store will take them for trade...

-Ferret

"Hey, isn't that the guy from Star Wars?"

N

Nightstalkers

don't need 'em. they'll just collect dust anyways...

StarWars? Where!

-Nightstalker

Arent you the guy from Star Trek?

:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I loved the Wing Commander games and had 1 & 2 with the expansion packs. Now my computer is too fast to play them and I can't slow it down even with mo'slo and can't turn off the cache. Another reason to get a 486 :)

Ferret, I'll take WC II and IV if the offer is still open...

Ferret

Staff member
I no longer have II, but I still have IV (for both PC and PS2). Just PM or email me the details...

-Ferret

"...more room in my closet!"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Blizzard Whacks 112,000 - digitaltaco
The Battle.net Team at Blizzard has announced that 112,000 Diablo II accounts have been permanently closed due to cheating. In addition, the CD keys used in conjunction with those accounts have been marked. Any further cheating could cause those CD keys to be permanently banned from play on Battle.net.

Blizzard also warns that users of "map-hacks" of any sort are being watched and could result in account closure. If you encounter any sort of cheating while playing any games on Battle.net, Blizzard urges you to contact them at hacks@blizzard.com. Their continued battle against cheaters is definitely welcome in the world of online gaming. So be sure to report any foul play to the people who can actually make a difference.

N

Nightstalkers

Already braught some cheaters to blizzards attention... Hope they unban some of my CD keys now :mad:

N

Notepad

you got your cd key banned nightstalkers? how in the world did that happen? were you duping? ;)

N

Nightstalkers

for the darndest reason I had baught a game and tried to play on battle.net, when I couldn't I called it in and was told that my CD key was banned...

I've purchased a "few" more games and had them not work on the same basis. :(

N

Notepad

That sounds incredibly strange, Nightstalkers. Multiple games and they ain't working because of CD Key ban? Have you tried talking to the store about that?

The only way that makes sense is if some skript kiddie used a CD Key maker and used those keys on BNet then got locked. Still, the odds of your multiple games being robbed of keys are so low its more likely you're the high queen of Arakansas through virtue of the fact that you won a lottery but they were out of money and you wouldn't accept the lifetime supply of butter as consolation.

Did I just tangent there?...

The only way that could really happen was if some skript kiddie went to the same store you did, took the CD keys, burned the Cds, then returned them to the store, and continued thise multiple times, thus rendering a lot of the games in the store without valid keys, as the kiddie would have gone online, duped and hacked, and then got locked.

N

Nightstalkers

Thats what ya get from a second hand computer store jeeves. Did I mention that I got most of 'em for less than five dollars a piece :D Just because of the fact that the keys are banned.

Its so fun to have around 15 copies of D2 and 16 seperate computers to LAN on

We're MAD I tell ye, :mad:!

Attachments