Black/White Control for MP

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
So, was it any good? I think you could improve the deck with Enlightened tutor. With the assortment of singletons, tutors are good. I don't know what format you're running (vintage probably, but your list looks more like extended), but if you go with legacy I'd say 4x E. tutor, and replace some of the cards with Seal of cleansing and Seal of doom.

Killer Joe

The last game of the night I busted out this deck and played it in a four player game. The other three players were playing: Life-gaining elf deck, the red-white Ravnica block pre-con, and an Mono-Black/Artifact type deck.

The Innocent Bloods were awesome, I'm glad I put them in, they saved me several times. Also, the Syphon Minds were better for me but not because of my opponents discarding but for the card drawing I was doing, I drew into lumps and lumps of great cards I needed to stay alive.

The elf deck wasn't much of a threat so I let it do it's life-gaining thing, actually, it helped me a lot late in the game as I was able to gain lots of life via Pulse of the Fields. The pre-con wasn't much of a threat either except a few times I got smacked with Lightning Helix. The MB/A deck was always a threat so I worked on eliminating it as soon as I could. It had the artifact called Skullclamp so he was constantly drawing cards (I really could've used some good artifact removal at this point). But I had to work hard on keeping that deck in-check because if he would've been able to attack me with a ramped up Ornithopter equiped with the common artifact that gives the creature +1/+0 for each artifact it controlled, I would've been dead.

We started the game around 11:30 p.m. and by 1:00 a.m. I was in total control :)

I first eliminated the MB/A deck followed by the pre-con and lastly the elf deck because I was able to plop down my Akroma. The only teensy-weensy problem was the artifact the pre-con had which when the activation cost was paid (part of that was returning it to your hand) tapped my Akroma. That was a pain in the butt. Debtors' Knell allowed me to finally overrun the pre-con and then like a rented mule I beat the elf deck to a pulp.

By 1:45 a.m. we were done. It was a lot of fun and I made room for 3 copies of Seal of Cleansing. I took out the Mind's Eye (not really needed), Wound Reflection and 1 Mortify.

My list above says I put in 4x Syphon Souls but they Syphon Minds, I got confused for a minute. :eek:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman said:
Was Mooseman there?
Not for that game.... I had to run a YGO event the next morning..... I did bring the product to have a sealed deck event..... which KJ and I stunk at...... :eek:

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
Not for that game.... I had to run a YGO event the next morning..... I did bring the product to have a sealed deck event..... which KJ and I stunk at...... :eek:
REAL BAD!!!! :(

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I can't remember exact cards, but here is a short, very short view of my deck and matches.
Deck was blue and black with 4 or 5 counter type spells, a few fliers and unblockables..... with 17 land, some 4 and 5 cc creatures and spells and quite a few activated abilities needing mana.

Round 1
Game 1 vs Bibgun
I got out a black 1/1 flyer turn 1 and a 2/1 unblockable turn 2
he played R/G and had lots of land, but seemed to stall while I kept chipping away at him..... the U/B sorcery that mills 4 cards and has conspire was a great play early...... I win with no more than 7 land in play by turn 10.....

Game 2 vs Bibgun
I mulligan a 5 land hand
I draw 3 land with the flier and unblockable, so I keep...... by turn 8 I have 10 land in play/hand......
I lose when Bibgun finally drops a few treefolk with trample and swampwalk.

Game 1 vs Bibgun
Opening hand has 4 land in it, so I keep thinking that I can't get flooded again...... I am sooooooo wrong 6 straight land draws later, I lose

Round 2
I get the bye...(11 players).... I am such a scrub......

round 3

Game 1 vs Bibgun's wife
opening hand has 2 land... great I keep, draw my 3rd land on turn 5 and then another on turn 8......
Her R/B with lots of instants and sorceries for pumping and damage kill me... but it takes about 40 of the 50 minutes i the round..

Game 2 vs Bibgun's wife
I get 3 land in opening hand..... hmmmmmmmm, I keep..... since we only have 10 minutes I keep....
My land comes out in almost perfect efficiency and I lull her into thinking she has me, but I am holding a counter to her pump spell I know she wants to use, since she has more creatures than I do...
I had been picking away at her life total with the evasion creatures, but she has me down to 4 life in the 2nd turn of the 5 turn rule (end of match procedure)
With 2 cards in hand, she alpha strikes then pumps one of her creatures after blocks... she can now do 3 damage to me...... she then cast the last card in her hand.... one that gives most of her creatures +1/+1... I counter it.....
Then on turn 3, it can swing for the last 4 she has.....
woo hoo a tie

Killer Joe

Round 1 vs. "Tounament Player"
Match is only one game because we stand each other off with tokens and his fyers are held at bay with the new green enchantment that deals 4 damage whenever a creature with flying attacks me. I lose at the buzz of time.

Round 2: BYE

Round 3: vs. Youngbeard
I go 1 - 2. He had lots of removal and we were bith playing B-G-R

Round 4: vs. Bibgun
I go 0 - 2

I mightedit this post later with REAL details but right now I can't remeber anything from that night except that it wasn't a good magic night for me. :(

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
Killer Joe said:
By 1:45 a.m. we were done. It was a lot of fun and I made room for 3 copies of Seal of Cleansing. I took out the Mind's Eye (not really needed), Wound Reflection and 1 Mortify.
Nice that I had made that call :) Anyway, try to get your hands on Midnight banshee if you want to totally hose elf, token or weenie decks. And if you consequently get rid of the skeletal vampire you can safely run the most annoying card I just thought of: damping matrix.