Black/White Control for MP

Killer Joe

As always, I am trying to take a somewhat successful tournament deck and reshape it into a multiplyer deck. I can't remember the actual name of this deck (maybe "Faders"?). When I saw it I was surprised to see how many of the cards I actually owned like Akroma, Skeletal Vampire and Debtor's Knell. So here's my first version of it:

BW Aggro?
The idea of this deck, for me, is to defend myself as long as I can and drop a late game Akroma to smash everyone. Any suggestions (like always) are appreciated! :)

Land
2x Orzhov Basilica
9x Plains
7x Swamp
4x Terramorphic Expanse <-- thanks Moosie, I got this idea from you!

Creatures
4x Windborn Muse
2x Skeletal Vampire
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Spells
4x Rout
3x Swords to Plowshares
4x Faith’s Fetters
4x Mortify
4x Castigate
4x Blackmail
2x Orzhov Signet
1x Mind’s Eye
2x Bitterblossom
1x Debtors' Knell
2x Pulse of the Fields
1x Slaughter Pact

B

Budget Player Cadet

??? Where's subversion? Syphon soul? Syphon mind?

Killer Joe

Budget Player Cadet said:
??? Where's subversion? Syphon soul? Syphon mind?
Ah, yes, those are 'staple' multiplayer cards but I need to make a better impression of my tactics. Instead of 'sucking the life out of everyone' I wanted the deck to be geared more towards Power-Players in the group. I don't see a need to make everyone 'ticked-off', just the better players. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your input!

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yes. Well, I would still recommend adding a few, at least the syphon minds. And DR?

M

Modus Pwnens

Bitterblossom, blackmail and castigate in multiplayer? That won't work, I can assure you. As strong as Bitterblossom is in singleplayer, you don't get enough to work with in multiplayer. You will be losing a life a turn, but with every wrath-effect you lose your army of fliers, and I can assure you that they are lurking around in multiplayer.

a card for a card is never good in multiplayer. Even if you wish to avoid the more common methods suggested by BPC, there are other options.
If your plan is to hold out as long as you can, until you got the mana for an Akroma, why not use stuff like Exalted Angel or Serra Avenger. If you really like the discard, hypnotic specter can be a powerful tool for "negotiations" :D

Killer Joe

Of course I am aware of staple multiplayer cards but I always used "screw all of you" cards and I get killed very quick if I'm left alone. What I want to do is be ready for that one player who "Leads the Charge" and man-handle them with my deck hence, the one-for-one concept.

Is this a good strategy? Maybe not. The other way, however, I'm setting myself up for anihilation before turn 3. :eek:

I just might plug-in some Exalted Angels, though. Thanks. :)

Shabbaman

insert avatar here
I'd get rid of the discard if I were you, and find something to draw cards yourself. Phyrexian arena, that sort of thing. Running discard will make you a target. You're aiming for the Best Player (BP). He's either running control or combo. You're not aggressive enough to ruin him with a little discard, and you have nothing but creature kill to disrupt him otherwise. Besides that, throwing 1-for-1 removal (or discard) at one player will leave you open for everyone else. So, either run cards like smallpox or innocent blood to gain advantage, or protect yourself with ghostly prison (really good!) or pacifism or something like that.

Or take the deck in a different direction and gain advantage with corpse dance / grim harvest + bottle gnomes / shriekmaw.

EDIT: the card that really, really screws the best player is Extirpate. A bit pricey though. Sudden spoiling can be just as fun. Combine it with the new Midnight banshee for maximum profit. Also a good finisher!

Killer Joe

I guess what I keep failing to mention is that I'm NOT interested in "winning" I'm interested in taking the heat off of me from a power player. :p

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I say you use the Stuffy Doll trick on the Power Player...... they use it on you, so return the favor........

Killer Joe

But AzureKnight is not always my target, sometimes others are my bane....... :rolleyes:

Dang, are we ALLOWED to cross post from another website? :p

Killer Joe

Version 2.0 - Okay, I got rid of the card-for-card discard cards

Land
2x Orzhov Basilica
9x Plains
7x Swamp
4x Terramorphic Expanse <-- thanks Moosie, I got this idea from you!
1x Urza's Factory

Creatures
2x Skeletal Vampire
1x Akroma, Angel of Wrath

Spells
4x Rout
4x Ghostly Prison removed Windborn Muse
3x Swords to Plowshares
4x Faith’s Fetters
4x Mortify
4x Syphon Soul removed Castigate
4x Innocent Blood removed Blackmail
2x Orzhov Signet
1x Mind’s Eye
1x Wound Reflection <-- click on THIS one! :cool:
1x Debtors' Knell
2x Pulse of the Fields
1x Slaughter Pact
removed 2x Bitterblossoms for 1x Urza's factory and 1x Wound Reflection

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Wait a minute..... I'm going to be playing against this deck on Sat????????
Ugh, now I have to build something too..... But, it can wait until Sat AM...... :D