Birdies and Spirits vs. Walls and Illusions

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sorry about the delay there. I was behind on what my hand looked like and had to get everything in order--for some reason I went to school this morning, even though I'm pretty sick...

Conferring...

L

Limited

Untap, Upkeep, Draw

We both drop a Plains
Oversoul casts a Swords of Plowshares on the Vodalian Illusionist

Responses?

Flying White (23)
Limited's library: 34
Oversoul's library: 33
Limited's hand: 7
Oversoul's hand: 5

Limited's in-play:

(UUUUUU) 6x Plains
(U) Marble Diamond (tap to add W)
(U) Marble Diamond (tap to add W)

Empyrial Armor [Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in my hand]

(U) Kami of Ancient Law (2/2 sac: destroy target enchantment)
(U) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *6/6* *Empyrialed*
(U) Tallowisp (1/3) [Spiritcraft - Search your library for an Enchant Creature and put it in your hand]

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUUUUT) 7x Plains

(U) Beacon Hawk (1/1 flying When ~ deals combat damage to an player, untap target creature. W: +0/+1 ueot)

Limited's graveyard: Lantern Kami, Bathe in Light, Tallowisp, Kami of Ancient Law, Plains, Eternal Dragon
Oversoul's graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Suntail Hawk, Welkin Hawk, Lieutenant Kirtar, Commander Eesha, Skyshroud Falcon, Skyshroud Falcon, Courier Hawk, Courier Hawk, Orim's Chant, Abeyance, Welkin Hawk, Swords to Plowshares

Limited's RFG: Kor Haven
Oversoul's RFG: Courier Hawk

Now-You-See-Me-Now-You-Don't (38)
Spiderman's library: 34
Darthferret's library: 36
Spiderman's hand: 7
Darthferret's hand: 5

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(U) Mistform Warchief Type-Illusion (1/3, creature spells you play that share a creature type with ~ costs 1 less to play. T: ~'s type becomes the creature type of your choice ueot)
(T) Chameleon Spirit (5/5, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)
(U) Mistform Warchief Type-Illusion (1/3, creature spells you play that share a creature type with ~ costs 1 less to play. T: ~'s type becomes the creature type of your choice ueot)
(U) Vodalian Illusionist (2/2, UU, T: Target creature phases out)
(T) Zephid (3/4, flying, ~ can't be the target of spells or abilities)

Darthferret's in-play:

(UUTTTT) Island x6
(TU) Island of Wak-Wak x2 (T: power of target flying creature becomes 0 ueot)

(U) Wall of Air (1/5, defender, flying)
(U) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)
(T) Fog Bank (0/2, defender, flying, Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(T) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize, Strip Mine, Fleeting Image
Darthferret's graveyard: Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Mana Leak, Rewind, Counterspell

Spiderman's RFG: Phantom Warrior
Darthferret's RFG:

L

Limited

Limited casts Cataclysm (Each player chooses from the permanents he or she controls an artifact, a creature, an enchantment, and a land, then sacrifices the rest.).
I'll tap all my lands and my marbles, floating four mana.
Oversoul taps his remaining three lands, floating three mana.

Responses?

Flying White (23)
Limited's hand: 6
Oversoul's hand: 4

Limited's in-play:

(TTTTTT) 6x Plains
(T) Marble Diamond (tap to add W)

(PO) Empyrial Armor [Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in my hand]

(PO) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *6/6* *Empyrialed*
(U) Tallowisp (1/3) [Spiritcraft - Search your library for an Enchant Creature and put it in your hand]

Oversoul's in-play:

(UUUTTTT) 7x Plains

(U) Divine Sacrament Enchantment [All white creatures get +1/+1. Threshold - All white creature get an additional +1/+1]

(U) Beacon Hawk (1/1 flying When ~ deals combat damage to an player, untap target creature. W: +0/+1 ueot)

Limited's graveyard: Lantern Kami, Bathe in Light, Tallowisp, Kami of Ancient Law, Plains, Eternal Dragon, Cataclysm
Oversoul's graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Suntail Hawk, Welkin Hawk, Lieutenant Kirtar, Commander Eesha, Skyshroud Falcon, Skyshroud Falcon, Courier Hawk, Courier Hawk, Orim's Chant, Abeyance, Welkin Hawk, Swords to Plowshares

Spiderman's in-play:

(U,U,U,U,U,U) Island x6
(U) Thawing Glaciers

(T) Chameleon Spirit (5/5, as ~ CIP, choose a color. ~'s power & toughness are each equal to the number of permanents of the chosen color your opponent's control)

Darthferret's in-play:

(UUTTTT) Island x6
(TU) Island of Wak-Wak x2 (T: power of target flying creature becomes 0 ueot)

(U) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)
(T) Fog Bank (0/2, defender, flying, Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)
(T) Stinging Barrier (0/4, defender, U, T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target creature or player)

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize, Strip Mine, Fleeting Image
Darthferret's graveyard: Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Mana Leak, Rewind, Counterspell

Spiderman's RFG: Phantom Warrior, Vodalian Illusionist
Darthferret's RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, we'll Ping you guys with the Barriers. DF will tap his two Islands for floating mana and keep an Island of Wak-Wak and the Fog Bank. I'll tap one Island for a floating blue and keep Thawing Glaciers and the Zephid.

L

Limited

The Barriers were already tapped right? To kill my Eternal Dragon?

L

Limited

So Cataclysm resolves, and here is the board:

Flying White (23)
Limited's hand: 6
Oversoul's hand: 4
Limited's Manapool: WWWW
Oversoul's Manapool: WWW

Limited's in-play:

(T) Plains

(PO) Empyrial Armor [Enchanted creature gets +X/+X, where X is the number of cards in my hand]

(PO) Phantom Nomad (0/0, 2 +1/+1 counters, when it takes damage, remove a counter instead) *6/6* *Empyrialed*

Oversoul's in-play:

(T) Plains

(U) Divine Sacrament Enchantment [All white creatures get +1/+1. Threshold - All white creature get an additional +1/+1]

Limited's graveyard: Lantern Kami, Bathe in Light, Tallowisp, Kami of Ancient Law, Plains, Eternal Dragon, Cataclysm, 5x Plains, Marble Diamond, Tallowisp
Oversoul's graveyard: Suntail Hawk, Suntail Hawk, Welkin Hawk, Lieutenant Kirtar, Commander Eesha, Skyshroud Falcon, Skyshroud Falcon, Courier Hawk, Courier Hawk, Orim's Chant, Abeyance, Welkin Hawk, Swords to Plowshares, 6x Plains

Spiderman's Manapool: U
Darthferret's Manapool: UU

Spiderman's in-play:

(U) Thawing Glaciers

Darthferret's in-play:

(U) Island of Wak-Wak (T: power of target flying creature becomes 0 ueot)

(U) Fog Bank (0/2, defender, flying, Prevent all combat dmg dealt to and dealt by ~)

Spiderman's graveyard: Impulse, Chameleon Spirit, Impulse, Capsize, Strip Mine, Fleeting Image, 6x Island, Mistform Warchief, Chameleon Spirit, Mistform Warchief
Darthferret's graveyard: Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Remove Soul, Mana Leak, Rewind, Counterspell, 6x Island, Island of Wak-Wak, Wall of Air, Wall of Air, Stinging Barrier, Stinging Barrier

Spiderman's RFG: Phantom Warrior, Vodalian Illusionist
Darthferret's RFG:

L

Limited

Oversoul and I are conferring...

Oversoul casts a Suntail Hawk

Responses?