Votes: 0 0.0%
  • mirrodin

• ravnica

• Total voters
D

DarthFerret

The best to me is Mirage. Not only the playability, but was one of the last sets that had really good artwork, all the way around the board.

M

Modus Pwnens

Urza's it is for me. It was a close one, since onslaught fetch is the best thing since sliced bread, but overall it's just impossibly to ignore, urza's block has meant a lot for me and my deckbuilding skills.

B

Budget Player Cadet

GRR!!! I HATE ONSLAUGHT FETCH LANDS (half envy, half spite)

B

Budget Player Cadet

Oh, wow! I just noticed! I forgot kamigawa!
However, that is not such a large loss. :D

B

Budget Player Cadet

That's really common.
Rath would be my second pick too.

Killer Joe

Best block for me was Invasion, Planeshift, Apocalypse

Best "set" for me was Tempest

To me, there's a difference in the question... :rolleyes:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I don't know how I didn't notice "sets." What's "Urza's" then? Because I liked Destiny better than Saga or Legacy. For that matter, I prefer Stronghold to Tempest and I like Nemesis WAY more than Mercadian Masques. My favorite might be Scourge, though...

D

DÛke

My fondness will always belong to the Rath Cycle. Unforgettable to me, and actually, in some aspects, quiet defined modern Magic, and revolutionized it.

But, the last set that I've ever played (over MTGO) that I was a total "WOW" factor, and still has that effect to an extent, is Time Spiral.

Ravnica was fun on the "outset." But as soon as you play it and notice how caged the concept is, it grows boring very fast. Sure, a lot of awesome cards and great ideas. But it was too reinforced and enclosed with its color divisions. It didn't feel natural. Did not have a flow. And every time you played a deck with a lot of Ravnica card, it just couldn't be escaped that it felt like you're playing the same deck...

Yes, it's one of the most successful Magic sets ever, if not the most successful one in the game's history - but that's a financial success. Based on what? The array of interesting individual cards that existed. The allure of the concept. It was the one set that, upon release, I spent $300 for MTGO cards and boosters.

Few weeks later, I realized how boring the set was.

T

train

Still is and always will be Urza's... Just can't beat that Sneak Attack, and all the wonderful critters that go with it...

I must say - lately I am fond of Time Spiral and Ravnica - but more so for the way they complement my utility decks... And Planar Chaos - that is one awesome set...

All Black needed was a wrath... and green a all lightning... I could go on...

B

Budget Player Cadet

Shadowmoor is starting to look really, really solid...