Best set ever (yet)

Discussion in 'CPA Voting Forum' started by Budget Player Cadet, Feb 21, 2008.

?

Best block (I ran out of space, sorry)

Mirage 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Tempest 3 vote(s) 20.0%
Urza's 3 vote(s) 20.0%
masques 6 vote(s) 40.0%
invasion 0 vote(s) 0.0%
odyssey 1 vote(s) 6.7%
onslaught 1 vote(s) 6.7%
mirrodin 0 vote(s) 0.0%
ravnica 0 vote(s) 0.0%
time Spiral 1 vote(s) 6.7%
  1. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Votes for the best set in history (other than the broken sets: Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Arabian Nights).
    About the poll, I apologize that ice age and earlier aren't there, and lorwyn is excluded, but I was running out of space and had to cut corners.
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I understand the rationale behind voting for Urza's block (it's so frickin' powerful), but I always had more fun with Rath Cycle (Tempest Block).

Ransac, cpa trash man
  3. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Ahh, I loved that cycle too. I'll never get over the power of the slivers, and I do have the queen. Now I just need a playset of Crystallines and two Alurens, and my sliving death will be done!
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It's a tossup between Tempest and Mirage, but I'll go with Tempest because I like the buyback ability slightly more than CIP abilities.
  5. Melkor Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the power level of Urza's and it also was when my friends and I got back into playing Magic after our break from our youthful start.
  6. BigBlue Magic Jones

I liked Mirage and Visions a lot. Weatherlight was a bit of a letdown, but flanking and phasing were interesting mechanics and not so broken... This was the first block I really started playing in tournaments with... by the time Urza's came around I was mostly judging and not playing. My friends had mostly stopped playing by then too...

I can't remember the last time we had a "regular" weekly game... but it was a long time ago. Now it's rare to get anyone up for playing.

Mirage was the first "true" block...

Ice Age was nice - I liked Alliances a lot too... but there wasn't a third until Coldsnap - and snow lands are a pain...
  7. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Yeah, again, I'm sorry, but there wasn't enough space. If someone in charge could change that, I would be grateful. At first, I wanted to poll the individual sets, but...
  8. TomB Administrative Assistant

I liked Mirage about the best, and I thought Tempest was cool too...I stopped buying boxes after Masques though, so I really don't have enough experience with the cards to judge the later sets...:)
  9. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Start playing Mindmaster! :)
  10. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Yes, TomB...... come play with us........... I call first game against TomB!

Ransac, cpa trash man
  11. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

Hmm... I would also like to quote bursting beebles on this note

"The Beebles, like thousands of others, quit magic for years following the release of Mercadian Masques."
  12. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

** As Ransac runs to the table to play TomB, Spidey trips him and gets there first
  13. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

ANOTHER BATTLE ARENA THING!!!!
    *Grog starts to think that there's a conspiracy against him and the arena.*
  14. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Nah, Spidey doesn't do much of anything in the Battle Arena.

*As Spidey grins while putting his cards together, Ransac lights a match to Spidey's highly flammable Spandex costume.*

Ransac, cpa trash man
  15. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

*Gah! Another one! Grog prays, to god and Ransac, that he gets back his Optical Nitrous Oxide.*
  16. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

** Mooseman, watching the antics nearby, starts to laugh uproarishly and lets out a huge fart, putting out the match AND everyone else comatose on the floor.
  17. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

*Grog informs the rest of CPA that nitrous oxide is Laughing gas and that he was referring to Battle arena lines like The off-topic battle over nothing or A new era dawns in the battle arena... Not really but ransac stole your pants.
  18. BigBlue Magic Jones

Visions is probably my favorite set... I can't exactly say why... but I like a lot of the cards and didn't "hate" any that I can think of.

I built a sandsipoise deck before they were netdecks... back then I used to be innovative... It was funny how decks I built would usually end up (better than mine to be honest) turning into net decks... I built a Buried Alive Deck for a friend of mine to take to states - it became a net deck a week or so after - certainly not based on mine per se... (He finished top 8 - I think 4th).

But, I stopped making tournament type decks a long time ago and just build casual decks for MP...
  19. Budget Player Cadet Where in the world is BPC

No action for days... I think the most popular block is urza's.
    Well, this of course, is based on the opinion of eight nutcases and a young squirrel.
  20. Killer Joe Active Member

Had to go with Tempest because 1.) it was my first 'official' block that I waited for in the stores and 2.) Traaaaaaadwind Riiiiiider! :D