Best creature type.

M

maraud234

You know what I'm talking about, zombies, kavus, rebels, mercenaries, elves, treefolk, and goblins. Which one do you think is best? There are too many choices to make a poll, so just post your answers here, and give reasons why you chose that choice. My choice is kavu, they have the perfect balance of speed and power. Most kavus are 4 mana, and the average power is around 3.

I

Istanbul

Knights.

They have a STUNNING array of special abilities. They come in every color but green, and range from a lowly 1/1 token to a billy-bad@ss 4/4 first striker.
They flank, fly, first strike, phase, gain protection, destroy other permanents, self-sacrifice, get haste, grow, have shadow, have Kor abilities, and are generally *quite* inexpensive.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

demons................they should make them again

Killer Joe

Isty: Good writing! I'm not a fan of Knights, but after reading that *stunning* blurb, I might change my mind.
Walls, hey, I like stalling! :)

N

NeuroDeus

There was one green knight... he ate to much pudding and turned green + he had to vomit :) Knights are great but I prefer Merfolk and Angels...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i put down demons, and i like demons but are they really the best creature type, no, elves are probably the best creature type because they can speed up your mana base, why else would fires run 4 Llanowar elves

R

rkoelsch

There is any creature type that is really better than another. Except maybe Hero they were so good they only made 3. An Benalish Hero is the bestest creature in the world. I betcha.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But even though I'm a dwarf lover, I have to admit that they aren't the best type out there now. My favorite, yes. :)

M

maraud234

I also like dragons, but I could never get enough of them to make a "dragon deck".

H

Hetemti

Dragons are special. They are very vein and don't like to be lumped together in a deck, living with an "all you dragons are great" phlosophy. Get more than five in a deck and they'll start in-fighting over which is more important...and then when you play the deck some will go on strike and ignore you...

That's why I play a lot of red...a couple dragons here...and few there...and happy, all-purvasive dragonness abounds.

S

Sammy Dead-O

My favorite varies, but I always seem to come back to goblins.

Istanbul does make a good argument for the power of knights. Clerics seem to have had some good stuff going for them, as well.

A

Apollo

Ahem... I believe you all must have forgotten the sheer power of the Orcs. Ironclaw, Brassclaw... even the Orcish General! They have an incredible variety of abilities, ranging from not being able to block certain creatures to looking at the top few cards of someone's deck! I've never seen a Knight that could do that!

Coming in a close second is the Hippos. There aren't many, or else they would easily be in first. And finally, in third, are the phoenixes. If there weren't some stupid ones, like the Shivan Phoenix, they'd be higher. The fact that I myself am a Phoenix, and have my own card (soon to be published, I'm sure), helps their cause.

S

Sleepy

just kidding birdboy I think the goblins and the merfolk are best but I hate blue so I'll go with goblins :)