best card

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I only found this out when I checked the Wizards website (shudder) to look at the P3K spoiler to find out what Zodiac Rooster did.

It might seem that Duel has stopped arguing, considering that he has posted elsewhere on the site since he defied me last.

It might also be added that in the thread referring to the worst rare in existence Gizmo mentioned this card [-Great Wall-] as well. So maybe I'm not a hermetic lunatic spouting something that defies common sense - or maybe I am. :)

D

Duel

Mana vault, especially the italian one, is overlooked, due to it being fabiulously good in non-italian form.

I used giant slug because the deck was r/b, and metathran soldier isn't.

Ensnaring bridge
Dwarven ***** (t: a creature with power less than 2 is unblockable)
Pump stuff (Frozen shades, carrion ants, etc.)
Pumping stuff (Firebreathing, etc.)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

But in that case, the Slug was almost directly worse than Dauthi Horror, 2/1 Shadow and can't be blocked by white creatures for 1B.

Besides, I seriously doubt that a Great Wall would have brought your deck grinding to a halt.

D

Duel

No, but, should it come to that, donating an italian mana vault wouldn't have crushed me either.....

Besides, the slug blocked.... :p

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by Cateran Emperor
No, neither of those are the worst. The worst card:

1) Can NOT be a creature. No matter how bad, they can chump or attack.

2) Not be able to damage an opponent. Regardless of how inefficient the burn is, it can still kill your opponent.

3) Not be able to force a player to draw cards. It can still make your opponent deck themselves first.
Great Wall fits all of Cateran Emperor's criterion, which were never argued with. Mana Vault deals damage. End of story.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I don't know why I should need to post it again, but here it is:

Great Wall
2W
Enchantment, from Legends (no this is not printed on the card)
Creatures with plainswalk may be blocked as though they did not have this ability.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

oh, okay, i thought it was a wall, TICM is right thats pretty bad

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I was just mildly annoyed that my opinion wasn't enough to convince Duel of a fact and that I needed to quote someone more "respectable" who would have said the same thing.

D

Duel

Actually, I trust your opinion more than CE's. I still think the italian mana vault is worse. Simply because it had potential....

D

Darth Dunk

So, like the thing said - what's the BEST non-power 9 card available?

My vote - Fork.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Darth Dunk: Fine, but both Duel and I already voted. Besides, I like arguing for days on end....

Duel: Hence the quotation marks ;)

Common sense would seem to dictate that the Italian Mana Vault is worse. However, it is marginally offensive. Great Wall is solely defensive. If you think about it that way, you realize that the defensive card is worse.

[Edited by Thallid Ice Cream Man on 12-30-00 at 05:00 PM]

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I should have clarified that. Italian Mana Vault is a bad offensive card. Great Wall is a bad defensive card that is about as bad on defense as Italian Mana Vault is on offense. If two cards that are equally effective at their respective tasks are compared, and one is defensive and one is offensive, the offensive one is probably better. Obviously I was not saying that every offensive card in existence is better than every defensive card in existence.

D

Duel

I still disagree. OF course, I like prison decks, so what do I know about offensive?

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

um, just a suggestion, maybe you guys should take this to the battle arena......or a couples therapist;)

D

Duel

Hey, who's the spam god around here anyways?

(I just found that post. that's so cool!)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

which post?

I already started a thread in the battle arena in fact... just in case you wanted to take this inside the bowels (in all senses of the word) of the CPA.

And yes, you are the spam lord!