Best 1cc creature

One mana, one creature, what do you choose?

• Savannah Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mother of Runes

• Carnophage

• Jackal Pup

• Mogg Fanatic

• Kird Ape

• Birds of Paradise

• Llanowar/Fyndhorn Elves

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Quirion Ranger

• Other (tell us!)

• Total voters

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Due to the response Brass Man got, I guess it wasn't the whiskey talking. It must have been the bourbon.

Ransac, cpa trash man

C

Chernobyl Hamster

Brass man's ok... i guess. i don't really like artifacts that much though.

T

TeamRegime.com

Birds the MOST versatile undercosted creature ever...
I think.

NK

M

Mikeymike

Although the Birds I use most frequently, Mother of Runes got my vote. Her ability is not only undercosted, but extremely powerful. Powerful enough that a good player realizes that she has to die before she becomes active.

They made her ability cost WW to activate on the Stormscape Master, and that card cost 4 and is a rare.

First cards I bought (although I had been playing the game for a month at the time) was the 'Crusher' Legacy theme deck. Some cards from the deck were

Mother of Runes
Rancor
Defense of the Heart
Weatherseed Treefolk
Humble

One of the best Pre-cons ever. It took out a few constructed decks in its prime.

E

Elrond

I personally would have voted for Soul Warden if it had been on the list because I play a lot of multiplayer and it just gets insane with one of those on the board.

However, I think I'll have to vote for Mogg Fanatic because it fits my style better than the others.

T

terzarima

Well, some of the best cards cost nothing at all!!!

One of my favorites? Phyrexian Walker (0 cost, 0/3) and unholy or holy strength. Lots of the 0 costing stuff is fun.

C

Crovax, the Cursed

I think Mother of Runes is a little overrated as a creature. Now, I don't play much white, but I play lots of sligh and have played against many variants of WW (tax-rack and others), and Mother of Runes was not that much of a problem for sligh. Mogg Fanatic can easily kill it, and since Mother of Runes has summoning sickness, it can't respond.

I gave my vote to Jackal Pup, since it is red's best one-turn drop (and best creature). I'm surprised it didn't get many votes. It's definetly better than Llanowar elves, so I'm a little confused here.

G

Gerode

I played with Mother of Runes yesterday, and it took 4 cards and 3 turns of my black-playing opponent's focused efforts to kill it. :)

G

Gizmo

Brass Man was good. Plenty of wacky multiple-untap combos in there. And a 1/3 for 1 is pretty darn tasty in anybody`s language. I think it Brass Man had been around the Pup decks would have looked a little silly. He`s certainly Top-10 material, and should probably break Top-5, I totally forgot about him to be honest.

D

Duel

My hard decision was between carnophage and kird ape.

Carnophage:
THE basic 1cc suicide black creature. I remember my suicide black deck. *sigh*

Kird ape:
The best creature in a friend of mine's deck w/ Fling. taiga, Kird ape. forest, Rancor kird ape, briar chield kird ape, attack for 5. Mountain, briar shield kird ape. Attck for 6, cast llanowar elf. Next turn, attack someone else, sac both briar shields, giant growth, berserk. Fling at a third player. That's 46 damage.

However, mothers rule, I guess. They're just so damn hard to kill.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
1st turn

BRASS MAN SMASH!!!!!!!!!!

12th turn

Brass man piss his pants.

I still say Brass Man is the best 1cc creature.

Ransac, cpa trash man

D

Dead

Um, you all forgot the meanest 1CC of them all, Phyrexian Dreadnought ! If it's pure p/t your bothered by then it beats on kird ape any day. And it's even possible to use the thing, even if only in Full English Breakfast...

D

Duel

Hey, I used Dreadnought in my pandemonium deck for a whole three and a half seconds! Then I realized it was bad.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I just assumed we were talking about first turn plays for creatures that can stand on their own two, but I guess strictly speaking the Dreadnaught is powerful enough.

S

Sammy Dead-O

Well, I was thinking any 1cc creature, but the Dreadnought seemed to fall short because of its relative inability to see play on turn one. Still, it's a fun creature to talk about when this discussion comes up.

E

Ephrils

I guess I'll get one of my favorite out of the way first before going onto actual "Tactical" cards.

Mountain Goat: He's nicknamed "Captain" by me and a friend. The reason why is, no matter what the game, when he would come out that player would win. It was clear to us he had some sort of command over the rest of the troops and waring strategy. He was also generally ignored by removal, so often lived to deal the killing hit.

Mother: One of the biggest annoyances if she ever gets unsick. She can tap to protect herself, what could be more annoying than that? She's versatile and a good al around card, the trick is to untap her....

Kird Ape: I love this little monkey. Granted he doesn't naturally deal a great amount of damage without help, the ability to pump him for basically free makes him make my list.

D

Dune Echo

Rogue Elephant of course! What other creature can possibly be dropped on the first turn and strike such fear. However, my honorable mention has be Phyrexian Dreadnought, most efficient cost versus power/toughness creature. There's just the slight problem of there's no real way in the bloody pits of Hades to play it on the first turn and KEEP it in play.