Best 1cc creature

One mana, one creature, what do you choose?

• Savannah Lions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mother of Runes

• Carnophage

• Jackal Pup

• Mogg Fanatic

• Kird Ape

• Birds of Paradise

• Llanowar/Fyndhorn Elves

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Quirion Ranger

• Other (tell us!)

• Total voters
S

Sammy Dead-O

This is a question I really like for some reason. Whaddaya think? I went with Savannah Lions. I know they aren't the way to go for versatility, but White Weenie has been interesting me lately, and they're just about the best there is.

R

rkoelsch

I actually like decks that take forever to develop as long as I can control what is happening. That is why I voted for Mother. She is the best.

D

Daggertooth

My favorite is will-o-the-wisps. I was kinda hoping it was going to be reprinted. So black has a better chance with fires. It's a fun card to have out. (Just hate those trample ;) )

M

Mr_Pestilence

I have to vote for Mogg Fanatic - he sent me to my first (and only) Pro-Tour.

G

Gizmo

I think they probably go in this order:
Mother Of Runes
Llanowar Elf
Birds Of Paradise
Jackal Pup (better than Lions cos he`s red)
Rogue Elephant

With an honourable mention to:
Icatian Javelineer

F

fuzzy510

The ability to sac for 1 damage if targeted ain't bad. Besides, it has some of the best flavor text of all time!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

(Stands around, with everyone glaring at him...)

Um, I think I should go now...

(Sadly shuffles away...)

Although it does beat Kird Ape in p+t :p

To be honest, I think it would have fit well in 7th.

D

DÛke

...played all those cards listed, and I must say...from all of them, Mother of Runes and Mogg Fanatic really stand out above most.

They're just simple, 1/1s for one mana...yet they each do more than they can handle.

Mother of Runes can't be beat. She does it all. I even questioned her existence when I first saw the spoiler for Urza's Legacy...at least, I thought, she would've been a rare. Even at rare, she would've been played.

Mogg Fanatic is THE best Red, 1-costed creature, simply because you NEVER have to worry about it dying without at least dealing 1 damage. It kills most of the other good 1-costed critters too.

F

FoundationOfRancor

She's so flexable, it's amazing...I had a hard time picking though:)

S

Sammy Dead-O

I just realized I left Rogue Elephant off the list. Shoulda been there.

I'm kinda surprised Jackal Pup hasn't gotten any votes. I guess it just falls short of one tough Mother...

C

CaineFate

I always liked soul warden, myself. Maybe not a tourney
winner, but she usually provides 5 or 6 life at the least
which is great for a one mana critter.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Personally, I like Brass Man the best, but that's probably the whiskey talking.

Ransac, cpa trash man

S

Sammy Dead-O

I thought about Brass Man when I made the poll. I figured I'd get some strange looks...

C

Chernobyl Hamster

my favorite 1 casting cost creature is...tidal KRAKEn! YEAH that's right.well, not really. My actual favorite 1 casting cost creature is probably... hurr jackal! YEAH

H

Hetemti

Memories of the Microprose game come flooding back
AHHH! It burns! AHHHHH!

D

DÛke

...I used to play Brass Man a lot. In fact, there were few points in time where I thought my mono Blue decks couldn't do with out it (Brass Man).

In a color as defensive as Blue, Brass Man is great for Blocking, a by turn 3 or 4, it could even be a weenie attacker. It's not bad at all.

D

Dementia

I picked Llanowar Elves(only one who did:().

A couple of days ago I would have picked Birds, but I just built a deck that the Elves 1 power comes in very handy. Plus I use the Elves more than any other card in the whole damn game.

Mother of Runes is the best though. Her ability is insane.

Your creatures are now untargetable, unblockable, protected from most any damage you want it to be, oh and you get the greatest blocker in the world. For how much.....ONE FREAKIN MANA!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, it was in several of the early winning tourney decks during its era... and it was considered undercosted, which is why it rotated out of whatever base set it was in to the next.