Beat a newbie down!

D

Daggertooth

Has this battle forum changed that much while I've been away? There was a time when a Plasma bolt was enought to start an entertaining fight without the stigma of trying to be "all to powerful."

A little dodge to the left and a swift punch to the face would be the normal response. Now it seems that unless it's overly silly it's not worth getting into.

Like trying to play with an opponent who demands to play with unglued cards.

How Disgusting :mad:

Daggertooth

M

maraud234

If that's how you really feel, Daggertooth.

*punches Daggertooth in the face.*

And what is wrong with unglued, I'm sorry that I like to come here to have a little fun. If I really wanted to get in a fight, I would go fight a real person.

P

Prince RXI

That's just it, Maurad. This is a BATTLE forum. The fights are supposed to be, to an extent, real (And what I mean is magic, weapons, armor, skills, powers, and characters). Understand that when people like Daggertooth and I do this, it's just to play a game that has almost no limit. We may use powers to the extend that you say, but thats because we want someone to retaliate with something just as, if not more, powerful and far-out-there as what we do. What I'm trying to say is that, in answer to an earlier question sent to me, yes, I think of the Battle Forum as an RPG, Because if you know how to, and want to, have fun, these battles need role playing to actually be fun.

Prince RXI, damn, now I sound like a blasted preacher

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, although the Battle Forum can be said that it's whatever you want it to be, I think one of the original purposes was to have fun in goofy ways. theorgg's breechcloth and the more recent BattleTech battle are pretty good examples; no one makes themselves out to be all-powerful and they poke fun at themselves and others while "doing battle".

In other words, you voluntarily put a limit on yourself and aren't afraid to lose. That's why the Magic counter battles were stupid; no one wanted to lose and just countered everything.

M

maraud234

I agree with Spidey. I go through enough conflicts with other people during the day, so I don't want to get online and have to fight more people. Instead, we poke fun at the idea of violence by making a mockery of it, thereby releaving stress. And I don't care about winning, I haven't won a battle yet, unless you count eating sammy-dead-o's mech. I have a 0-2-1 record so far.

D

Daggertooth

Wait a second, Since when did I have a "master of the universe" complex? :confused: I've been known to get whooped. (mainly by some steel chair. ;) )

I just don't like it when it gets overly silly. Throughing poo and raining pies and such. Course the ocasional food fight is always fun.

Unglued cards Just seemed overly silly to me. They're fun to read, fun to look at, and they make me laugh, but they're not worth playing even in a casual setting. Course thats just my oppinion. I still like having fun though.

Daggertooth

P

Prince RXI

To Maurad: I agree with you on thr fun part, but this was supposed to be a thread to beat a newbie, nut have fun by making fun of beating people up with wierd things like that.

To Spidey: The Battle Forum IS set up to do joke fights, true, but I really don't see then way too much. Most of the fights sence I've joined have been fights that are not supposed to be just 1 cleasha after the other, I like the ones that you actually have to THINK about you moves and the possible actions your opponent can do in reply/responce, like Daggertooth and me, we fight for the sheer fun of a good fight (Daggertooth, stop me if I'm wrong) and enjoy the way we fight. Because Dagger and I fight almost the same style, we have become rivals in fights that aren't all jokes. Not to say we CAN'T fight joke fights, but, for me, I just prefer a good, honest, "REAL", fight. And I would like nothing better than the fight to be against Daggertooth (Now HE is good at it:) really good) and would like others that I can fight the same way. But is seems that now, everyone has gotten into these Poop-Slinging, Testy-Punching, Monkey-flinger, piece of junk, joke battles. It make me sick. As a real RPG Warrior, it really makes my stomach turn to see every other thread be a joke fight and every other post on a non-joke fight have the word "Poop" or "Nuts" in it. Please understand, this is just how I feel, I'm not sure it Daggertooth agrees.

To Daggertooth: I agree with you 150%. I mean, I been beaten before, by YOU. Why does everyone think I hate to lose? Because I carry it on? NO!!! I just want a good fight that noone tries to screw someone out of a good move, like that White Nova move I did. I was pissed when you said you threw Maurad in the way of it. That was a good move and you just picked someone from the crowd and just tried to throw him in the way of it. But thats in the past. you won that fight anyway. Remember?;) :rolleyes: I shouldn't ask:)

Ok, well that's it for now for me on that subject

Prince RXI, is happy he got that out of his system

D

Daggertooth

Errr, yup, We generaly do use the same fighting stiles, but Mine arn't as long winded. ;)

I actualy agree with the idea that the battle forum is for any and every kind of battle. Wether it be roleplaying, true mudslinging, or other fights. Any battle should rightfully go here.

I just don't see why Maraud gave the cold shoulder to my fighting style. Was it not silly enough. Or'd you figure your too good to respond to that kind of fighting?

This whole argument is silly though. An argument about the ethics and techniques on cyberfighting. I guess it is fun though.

Daggertooth

P

Prince RXI

16, you?

Prince RXI, and you want to know, why? how old are YOU?

D

Daggertooth

Probably too old to be playing these games. :(

Why?

Daggertooth

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Prince RXI:Hey, as I said, since this is the Battle Forum you can make it whatever you want. Poo-flinging, real RPG, BattleMech, whatever. I was stating what I thought was the original intention of the forum and as the interview with the Founders showed, they feel it has strayed somewhat. That's why you don't get the "older" members in here as much, just you "regular" group.

In the post before my reply you said "this is the BATTLE forum so..." which seemed to indicate that this forum was SOLELY for RPG battles, which is why I replied in the first place.

D

Daggertooth

Ha! I always picture everyone here between 16 to 18 for some reason. I'm not sure why. But real ages usualy suprise me. :) (at least when it comes to people like YellowJacket. ;) )

I must admit though. I did picture you quite a bit younger than the others. (not younger than RXI though. I thought he was 14! :) )

Daggertooth

P

Prince RXI

Hey, I thought you were 16 or 17 dagger, so I'm just as shocked. Anyway, spider, I thought that this was a thread to beat up a newbie, as it is named, and I thought I would just do it the good, old fashion way. With weapons and magic. pooslinging fights I do not like, therefor I don't get into them. And another thing, why do so many people hate it that I use these things,(weapons and magic) why? So anyway, back to the fighting?

Prince RXI, wants this argument to cease

V

Volraths_bane

Even though I have nothing to do with this battle..I am gonna chime in

I am 20 :D

That is all...Battle on...

VIVA LA BED PAN!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the whole discussion started because you weren't beating up a newbie (who coincidentally hasn't posted since starting this thread) but beating up maraud, who just stated that being all-powerful is not kosher (in his opinion).

P

Prince RXI

Hey, I was wondering where the newbie who wanted a beating went to also. Is it ok if we just make a thread set for this discussion and talk about it there. You know, so we can just beat the newbie and have fun. Then, after this is done, we can continue the discussion. Ok Daggertooth? Ok Maurad234? Ok Spidy?

Prince RXI, Ok RXI?