Artwork?

M

Mikeymike

Most definitely, somewhere on this disaster of a hard-drive of mine is a nice 9x9 of Cursed Scroll.

That is a dope full layout of Karona, where'd you get it? C'mon, spill up sucka.

T

train

I actually prefer some of Richard Kane Ferguson's artwork...

T

train

You could...

but that would be awkward...;) :p

"Would it be a kiss from just one Nightstalker, or all of them?":D

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm that would be hard to do...

Guess you'll have to do without the silent kiss goodnight another time.

That reminds me, I've still to finish that movie :eek: I'm so disorganized :D

N

Notepad

That Karona art isn't the worst thing that can be printed on a card, but it is far from good. The art from the old days had its own feel (yes, even Stasis) that was better than this whitewashed sellout flavor it now looks like.

N

Nightstalkers

I don't know... I love legend artwork.

Stasis is on me stink list for sure but others like the old Furvagrifwhatchamacallit from Ice Age and the Deckmaster box thing has a feel of good quality artwork. and yes, I do prefer Ice Age Icy manipulator to some crap like artificial evolution!

N

Notepad

>> I do prefer Ice Age Icy manipulator

NS, I've often wondered if you suffered from some sort of severe mental disorder AND a brain-killing tumor. I think I now have proof to confirm that. ;)

Then again, the same can be said about me because of my fondness for Drew Tucker art.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Always a big fan of Brom. Good ol' Gerald, can't go wrong with him. I've got both of his art books, worth the money I tells ya!

N

Notepad

Are they Magic art books, or general artist art books? And where can they be gotten???

N

Nightstalkers

Leave a kid in a box until his 18 birthday, then allow his mind to touch an omniscient power, and shove him into an inanimate object until such time he/she/it can figure a way out of its confinement, an you have me.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

general art books, stuff Brom has done for Magic, Forgotten Realms, Diablo II. all kinds of fun stuff. His books are: Darkwerks and Offerings. I got mine at waldens. They had offerings but had to order darkwerks.

Killer Joe

By far my favorite artist for MTG cards.
Avenging Angel & Onslaught's Pacifisim are two of my favorites. BTW, you should check out my old thread about favorite gratutious Babe Art.

Too bad they couldn't use Nagel's art work for cards.
(Nagel did the DuranDuran cover art for their album "RIO")

N

Notepad

>> Onslaught's Pacifisim are two of my favorites. BTW, you should check out my old thread about favorite gratutious Babe Art

Did you ever catch the comic shot at folks drooling over *any artwork* on pacifism? It was in a Sloppy Shuffle or Fast Effect a while back, around the same time. (thanks for the inspiration ;) ).

That Mirage pacifism...what's wrong with you, man! ;)

I

Izaryo

i personally like Guay's art and my favourite is Auramancer from odyssey. i also like pacifism and convalescent care:rolleyes:

M

mythosx

i know this is a bit off topic and that was a dope pic of karona at the top...but lets talk about bad artwork...or rather bad frame work...oh god i hate this new frame i thought i could deal but when i saw it next to the old cards i cried....is there anything we can do to make them go back? the new artifacts look white!!! wtf?

L

Lotus Mox

The only way you could get the old frame back, is not buying any cards with the new card frame and convincing a large amount of wotc consumers to also not buy them. Money is the only way to send signals to wotc.

BTW have you noticed that the new frame looks really horrid (esp. the foils) and unreadable on MTGO?