Archenemy: Nicol Bolas (Oversoul) vs Gatewatch (Spidey, Melkor, rokapoke)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done. Also, not sure if it will end up mattering, but on my ongoing schemes, I'll be stacking the triggers so that you first receive an opportunity to sacrifice creatures to My Forces Are Innumerable and then, after that has or hasn't happened, you get your chance to tap creatures to Bow to My Command. Because that's worse for you and I am the villain.

Nicol Bolas, God Emperor of Dune: 36
Hand: 3
Library: 40
Command Zone: *Ongoing Scheme* Bow to My Command: Rokapoke's creatures cannot attack me or planeswalkers I control. At the beginning of my opponents' end step, they may tap any number of creatures with power 8 or greater. If they do, abandon this scheme.
*Ongoing Scheme* My Forces Are Innumerable: At the beginning of my end step, create a 3/3 black Horror creature token. At the beginning of my opponents' end step, they may sacrifice two creatures. If they do, abandon this scheme.

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Dragonskull Summit (~ etb tapped unless I control a swamp or a mountain. T: adds B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Highland Lake (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ etb tapped. T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Submerged Boneyard (~ etb tapped. T: adds U or B to my mana pool.)
(T) Grixis Panorama (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T,sac: searches my library for a basic island, swamp, or mountain and puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then I shuffle my library.)

(T) Obelisk of Grixis (T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.)

(U) Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker (Roar, I am a dragon) *4 loyalty counters*

(U) Baleful Strix (1/1; Flying, deathtouch. When ~ etb, draw a card.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; attacks Melkor if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; attacks Spidey if able.)
(T) Horror token (3/3; attacks Rokapoke if able.)
(T) Thragtusk (6/4 from ctr; When ~ etb, gain 5 life. When ~ ltb, create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Sun Titan (6/6; Vigilance; Whenever ~ ETB or attacks, I may return target permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard to the battlefield)
(S) Icefall Regent (4/3; Flying. When ~ enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as I control Icefall Regent. Spells my opponents cast that target Icefall Regent cost 2 more to cast.) *Tapping Fiendslayer Paladin*
(S) Horror token (3/3)

Graveyard: Vampire Nighthawk, Lightning Bolt, Cinder Barrens, Extract from Darkness, Reckless Spite, Slave of Bolas
Exile:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Melkor: 16
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,U,U) Island x3
(U) Woodland Stream (~ ETB tapped.; T: Add G or U to my mana pool)

(S) Reckless Scholar (2/1; T: Target player draw a card, then discards a card)

Graveyard: Sixth Sense, Island, Scute Mob, Khalni Heart Expedition, Cultivate, Ior Ruin Expedition, Sword of the Animist, Vastwood Zendikon
Exile:
Spidey: 6
Hand: 1
Library: 44
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U,U) Mt x6
(U) Smoldering Spires (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, target creature can't block this turn.; T: Add R to my mana pool)

(S) Battle-Ready Shaman (2/2; At the beginning of combat on my turn, I may have target creature get +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard: Coordinated Assault, Skaargan Firebird, Volcanic Geyser, Mountain, Chandra's Outrage, Pathmaker Initiate, Torchling
Exile:
rokapoke: 16
Hand: 1
Library: 43
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,U) Plains x7

(U) Anointer of Champions (1/1; T: Target attacking creature gets +1/+1 ueot)
(T) Fiendslayer Paladin (2/2; First strike, lifelink; ~ can't be the target of black or red spells Oversoul controls) *Doesn't untap as normal for as long as I control Icefall Regent*

Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Aerial Responder, Vizier of Deferment, Relief Captain
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Edited my previous post because I forgot to subtract life for combat damage, which seems kinda important. :oops:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the holdup, rokapoke hasn't communicated since last week so he must be busy. We're still conferring....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
At long last, the Gatewatch makes their move....

Untap, upkeep, Draw

Melkor casts a Windrider Eel

Spidey plays a Mt and casts Obsidian Fireheart

rokapoke casts a Flickerwisp targeting the Titan and casts Sparring Mummy targeting his Paladin to untap it.

At end of turn, we'll stack the triggers in the order of the Titan first since we're the AP, then yours as Bow to Your Command and My Forces Are Unnumerable (as you said). So as My Forces are Unnumerable are first, we'll sac the Anointer and Scholar to get rid of it. Bow to Command stays. Titan ETB, rokapoke gets back the Responder.

Done
Command Zone: *Ongoing Scheme* Bow to My Command: Rokapoke's creatures cannot attack me or planeswalkers I control. At the beginning of my opponents' end step, they may tap any number of creatures with power 8 or greater. If they do, abandon this scheme.

Battlefield:

(T) Swamp
(T) Dragonskull Summit (~ etb tapped unless I control a swamp or a mountain. T: adds B or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ etb tapped. T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.)
(T) Grixis Panorama (T: adds C to my mana pool. 1,T,sac: searches my library for a basic island, swamp, or mountain and puts it onto the battlefield tapped, then I shuffle my library.)

(U) Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker (Roar, I am a dragon) *4 loyalty counters*

(T) Thragtusk (6/4 from ctr; When ~ etb, gain 5 life. When ~ ltb, create a 3/3 green Beast creature token.) *1 +1/+1 ctr*
(S) Icefall Regent (4/3; Flying. When ~ enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as I control Icefall Regent. Spells my opponents cast that target Icefall Regent cost 2 more to cast.) *Tapping Fiendslayer Paladin*
(S) Horror token (3/3)

Graveyard: Vampire Nighthawk, Lightning Bolt, Cinder Barrens, Extract from Darkness, Reckless Spite, Slave of Bolas
Exile:
Melkor: 16
Library: 39
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T,U) Island x3

(S) Windrider Eel (2/2; Flying; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot)

Graveyard: Sixth Sense, Island, Scute Mob, Khalni Heart Expedition, Cultivate, Ior Ruin Expedition, Sword of the Animist, Vastwood Zendikon, Reckless Scholar
Exile:
Spidey: 6
Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U,U,U) Mt x7
(U) Smoldering Spires (~ ETB tapped.; When ~ ETB, target creature can't block this turn.; T: Add R to my mana pool)

(U) Battle-Ready Shaman (2/2; At the beginning of combat on my turn, I may have target creature get +2/+0 ueot)
(S) Obsidian Fireheart (4/4; 1RR: Put a blaze ctr on target land without a blaze ctr on it. For as long as that land has a blaze ctr on it, it has "At the beginning of your upkeep, this land deals 1 dmg to you." (The land continues to burn after ~ has left the battlefield))

Graveyard: Coordinated Assault, Skaargan Firebird, Volcanic Geyser, Mountain, Chandra's Outrage, Pathmaker Initiate, Torchling
Exile:
rokapoke: 16
Hand: 2 - hand count was incorrect before
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x7

(U) Fiendslayer Paladin (2/2; First strike, lifelink; ~ can't be the target of black or red spells Oversoul controls) *Doesn't untap as normal for as long as I control Icefall Regent*
(S) Flickerwisp (3/1; Flying; When ~ ETB, exile another target permanent. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
(S) Sparring Mummy (3/3; When ~ ETB, untap target creature)
(S) Sun Titan (6/6; Vigilance; Whenever ~ ETB or attacks, I may return target permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard to the battlefield)
(S) Aerial Responder (2/3; Flying, vigilance, lifelink)

Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Vizier of Deferment, Relief Captain, Anointer of Champions
Exile:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Island, Harvester of Souls, -2 loyalty on Other Me to rightfully steal back what Rokapoke kidnapped from me (Rokapoke's Sun Titan), attack Melkor with the Horror that is mandated to attack him, attack Rokapoke with the Horror that is mandated to attack him, and attack Spidey with Thragtusk, the Horror that is mandated to attack him, and another Horror too. Stuff?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Fireheart blocks Thragtusk Mummy blocks the Horror that is able to attack anyone.
Tap out to use the Fireheart to put a blaze counter on Crumbling Necropolis

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Fireheart dies, Thragtusk dies, Mummy dies, Horror dies, Crumbling Necropolis gets a blaze counter, I get a 3/3 green Beast token, I draw 3 cards from Harvester (once I get home). You each take 3. Look right?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hand: 5
Library: 34

Battlefield:

(T) Island
(T) Swamp
(T) Crumbling Necropolis (~ etb tapped. T: adds U, B, or R to my mana pool.) *1 Blaze counter: at the beginning of my upkeep, this land deals 1 damage to me.*

(U) Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker (Roar, I am a dragon) *2 loyalty counters*

(U) Icefall Regent (4/3; Flying. When ~ enters the battlefield, tap target creature an opponent controls. That creature doesn't untap during its controller's untap step for as long as I control Icefall Regent. Spells my opponents cast that target Icefall Regent cost 2 more to cast.) *Tapping Fiendslayer Paladin*
(S) Harvester of Souls (5/5; Deathtouch. Whenever another nontoken creature dies, I may draw a card.)
(S) Sun Titan (6/6; Vigilance; Whenever ~ ETB or attacks, I may return target permanent card with converted mana cost 3 or less from my graveyard to the battlefield.)
(S) Beast token (3/3)
(S) Bone Picker (3/2; Flying, deathtouch. ~ costs 3 less to cast if a creature died this turn.)
(S) Nightscape Familiar (1/1; Blue and red spells I cast cost 1 less to cast. 1B: Regenerate ~.)

Exile:
Melkor: 13
Library: 39
Battlefield:

(T,T,U) Forest x3
(T,T,U) Island x3

(S) Windrider Eel (2/2; Flying; Landfall-Whenever a land ETB under my control, ~ gets +2/+2 ueot)

Graveyard: Sixth Sense, Island, Scute Mob, Khalni Heart Expedition, Cultivate, Ior Ruin Expedition, Sword of the Animist, Vastwood Zendikon, Reckless Scholar, Thragtusk
Exile:
Spidey: 3
Hand: 0
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,U,U,U) Mt x7

(U) Battle-Ready Shaman (2/2; At the beginning of combat on my turn, I may have target creature get +2/+0 ueot)

Graveyard: Coordinated Assault, Skaargan Firebird, Volcanic Geyser, Mountain, Chandra's Outrage, Pathmaker Initiate, Torchling, Obsidian Fireheart
Exile:
rokapoke: 13
Hand: 1 - hand count was incorrect before and corrected to 1 on 2/1/18
Battlefield:

(T,T,T,T,T,T,T) Plains x7

(U) Fiendslayer Paladin (2/2; First strike, lifelink; ~ can't be the target of black or red spells Oversoul controls) *Doesn't untap as normal for as long as I control Icefall Regent*
(S) Flickerwisp (3/1; Flying; When ~ ETB, exile another target permanent. Return that card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.
(S) Aerial Responder (2/3; Flying, vigilance, lifelink)

Graveyard: Plains, Plains, Vizier of Deferment, Relief Captain, Anointer of Champions, Sparring Mummy
Exile: