Anyone up for some Apprentice?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, who knows how long the public beta will last. I'll probably try it out when it's fully released and a month or so has gone by without any patches or changes :)

N

Nightstalkers

Don't worry, luck is that the new version might not work for windows or something...

Or have serious problems with my hacked/patched operating system.

O

orgg

Y'know, I just realized that MOL is a great place to meet for Apprentice...

Heh. Just use it as a Chatroom function.

All we would need is a nutral place to type in as the chatroom, such as "/join #CPA" when we get on. Hmmm... Who is in agreement with this?

W

Weezix

Yes, that sounds like a great idea; post the time and place for people to meet and they will come.

BTW, why does our CPA chat room not work for that purpose?

-- Weezix

N

Nightstalkers

I've kinda taken the liberty of renting the chatroom out to other boards, but then I gave up on that idea and went onto greater ideas.

Why not use it so? We could even post up a sticky or something with the scheduled times when tournaments and stuff are going to be held on the main page of the site.

Its unbelievable what we could get going with just this little website to start with.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think there's a Sticky option for the front page, but I'd be willing to post the news of a tournament or whatever if you guys let me know.

N

Nightstalkers

That would help... now who's going to be organizing this bonanza?

Bonanza? what have I been smoking? oh wait, its in the ventilation system again....

N

Nightstalkers

Me organize a tourney? I guess it could happen, I could do something nice for a change. I know that John wouldn't do it because he still hasn't started that tourney thing he said he'd do about a month ago.

Hmm... Could a Nightstalker be entrusted with such responsibility in the spotlight, and not behind the scenes? Nah, I'd help out, but not as the project head like so many others I've seen get beaten by crazed mobs.

W

Weezix

I am usually around most evenings PST.
We don't have to have a full fledged tourny, maybe we just start out with a theme deck night and play round robin until we are sick.

Lets play Magic, man!!!!

-- Weezix

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Weezix, do you want to be in charge then? Post or PM me an email address and I'll post something on the front page saying you're trying to organize an Apprentice theme deck night (what kind of theme?) and have interested people PM or email you good nights, then you can pick one and I'll post the night and time.

W

Weezix

We are trying to organize a time where we can get together on-line and slap bits of virtual cardboard around. Please e-mail me if you are interested and what days and times are best for you.
My e-mail address is weezix@cpa-mail.net .

Our first attempt at this gathering wil be a Themed Deck Round Robin. Start building a T2 legal deck were all of the card names begin with the first letter of your CPA handle.
For example, my cards might include W arped Devotion, Steel W all, or W ords of W ind. (( Of course basic land cards do not have to comply with the "begins with" rule. ))

Most letters will have 70-100 cards in their pool from which to build a deck. Sorry Q, J, X, Y and Z. Just use the next letter in your name.

If we get a good response, we will shoot for sometime during the U.S. Thanksgiving Holiday, Nov 27th - 30th.

-- Weezix