Anyone for a Winston draft?

I

Istanbul

Wait...train, are you saying you want to play?

LOL! Man, you tell the best AFD jokes. :D

B

BigBlue

The Dark, Fallen Empires, Antiquities, Arabian Nights, Alliances.... (Trivia.... what do they all have in common (he said hopefully)?)

So you get one of each of those.... :)

J

Jigglypuff

They all have an "A" in their name. No, actually, none of them have 15 cards in a booster pack.

(- Steve -)

I

Istanbul

So, are we agree? Stronghold, Mirage, Prophecy? And who's in?

Could Spiderman and I start, then whoever else wants to play can?

B

BigBlue

Can I just say.... having now read the format... This draft is going to take forever to run...

I'll do it, but don't get mad if I'm not on all the time to make the zillion piles...

There's no way to ensure you get even cards... I know this will make things complicated.... but in the interest of saving time, can I run all 3 drafts at one time? I promise to keep you updated on your cards.

So, there would be Isty vs Spidey, Isty vs Jigglypuff, and Jigglypuff vs Spidey.

One of the points of this draft is it's covert nature... so we shouldn't re-use cards between matches... You could also play your games once you have the drafts done and no one should have to "wait" for the others...

I will need 3 rock/paper scissors for each of your matches (in order - followed by a number from 1 to 10 as tiebreaker). It also speeds things up if you tell me if you want to draft first or choose play/draw if you win...

I'll get the "decks" and piles ready.

(this is seeming like a nightmare to track "elegantly"...) :eek: But I'll manage...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks BigBlue. I didn't know how hard it would be to keep track of everything.

I didn't expect to be a round-robin type thing like the other drafts where the cards from the previous draft are used for the next one either, as you noted with the format. I just kinda expected a one-on-one draft with the best two out of three :)

I

Istanbul

Idea?

Since Jigglypuff is around fairly infrequently, how about we just have it be me vs. Spidey, and then we can see how much work is involved and see about having more people join up?

B

BigBlue

Isty.... get me your info so we can kick it off...

Jiggly.... You too...

And by the by.... I won't pick for anyone for this draft... this really is a "luck" draft

What I will show publicly is...

Stack (87) Pile 1 (1) Pile 2 (1) Pile 3 (1)

Spiderman (0)
Istanbul (0)

I'll figure out just how easy/hard it is to keep track of... when I send you your pile, I will send you a list of what you already have, and what is in the pile. You then let me know if you are taking the pile or passing it. I wish there were a way to get you the 3 piles at once and have you select one, but there isn't an honest way I can think of.

Remember, you will more than likely have a different # of cards at the end (weird)...

T

train

Doesn't this format mean you need three separate drafts also - one for each "vs."...

J

Jigglypuff

Yeah, I'm ready. Except that I have no idea how to send a PM with the new board software.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
There's two ways. Either go to the upper right hand corner where it says "Welcome Jigglypuff" and click on the Private Messages, then on the left hand menu bar there's a "Send New PM" option, or from a thread, click on the user's name and a drop-down box appears, one of the options is Send Private Message.

B

BigBlue

OK... so... (blush).... I left the stupid spreadsheet at home...

But.... I have Spidey Vs JigglyPuff Ready to go....

Spidey will draft first...

I'll start a new thread and PM you the card in pile #1 ASAP....

J

Jigglypuff

Heh, I can't believe that Scissors-Paper-Scissors failed me.

EDIT: Oh, hey was I right on that trivia question?

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

Yes.... they were all less than 15 card packs... :)

I actually didn't even look to see who won the RPS between you and Spidey... since he wanted to draft first, and you wanted to draft second... it really didn't matter... you both picked Scissors by the way... (and Spidey didn't give me 3 RPS - just 1 - perhaps meaning S S S....)