Annoying U/W Control

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Rooser, are you sayin that is the optimal strategy to beat Scepter lockdown, or that it is what would be best in monoblack?

Anyway, your decklist is pretty close to a nice Pox decklist, and with the bomb Pox is, that is what I would consider, although Mox Diamond and Skeletal Scrying would definitely have to go...

C

Crackdown

I just had to post this excerpt an article on StarCity discussing the current Extended format:

Scepter-Chant
Scepter-Chant, or "No-Stick," is a lockdown control deck that owns the board with counters and removal. It then sets up a condition to negate any spell played against them for the remainder of the game, match, tournament and lifetime.

1: Is Scepter-Chant fun to play?

If you're a sociable person who enjoys interacting with people, then the answer is "no".

If you're the type of person who enjoys being rabbit-punched in the kidneys by red-faced opponents, then the answer is "yes."

If you're a right-minded fellow who feels that, when two folk play a game, it's no fun when one of them doesn't actually get to play, then the answer is "no."

If you're Nick West, then the answer is "yes," as fifteen thousand dollars can make a lot of bizarre things seem fun.

2: Is Scepter-Chant competitive?
If you survive to turn 5 or more, then you should be favorite to win almost any matchup. Other than the Rock, of course, because that goes 50/50 with everything. The thing is... would you actually want to last until turn 5 in any game? I know that if I were running with Scepter-Chant, I'd want the game to end as quickly as possible if only so I could run and wash the dirty taste from my mouth.

3: What type of player would Scepter-Chant suit best?
Scepter-Chant is a controlling deck that would suit anyone who enjoys torturing small animals, BDSM and Extreme Tentacle Hentai (or something). An aversion to blinking would also be a distinct advantage.

4: Is Scepter-Chant difficult to play correctly?
The deck can be insanely unforgiving. Without precise play in all areas of the game, it will leap and bite you in the ass time and time again.

I tell you now, you simply haven't the skill to play this deck.

You think you have, but you're wrong.

Step away from the deck...

You've getting sleeeeepy...

(Phew, that was a close one. The less people that play this hideous filth, the better)

M

Mikeymike

Crackdown said:
I just had to post this excerpt an article on StarCity discussing the current Extended format:

Scepter-Chant
Scepter-Chant, or "No-Stick," is a lockdown control deck that owns the board with counters and removal. It then sets up a condition to negate any spell played against them for the remainder of the game, match, tournament and lifetime.

1: Is Scepter-Chant fun to play?

If you're a sociable person who enjoys interacting with people, then the answer is "no".

If you're the type of person who enjoys being rabbit-punched in the kidneys by red-faced opponents, then the answer is "yes."

If you're a right-minded fellow who feels that, when two folk play a game, it's no fun when one of them doesn't actually get to play, then the answer is "no."

If you're Nick West, then the answer is "yes," as fifteen thousand dollars can make a lot of bizarre things seem fun.

2: Is Scepter-Chant competitive?
If you survive to turn 5 or more, then you should be favorite to win almost any matchup. Other than the Rock, of course, because that goes 50/50 with everything. The thing is... would you actually want to last until turn 5 in any game? I know that if I were running with Scepter-Chant, I'd want the game to end as quickly as possible if only so I could run and wash the dirty taste from my mouth.

3: What type of player would Scepter-Chant suit best?
Scepter-Chant is a controlling deck that would suit anyone who enjoys torturing small animals, BDSM and Extreme Tentacle Hentai (or something). An aversion to blinking would also be a distinct advantage.

4: Is Scepter-Chant difficult to play correctly?
The deck can be insanely unforgiving. Without precise play in all areas of the game, it will leap and bite you in the ass time and time again.

I tell you now, you simply haven't the skill to play this deck.

You think you have, but you're wrong.

You've getting sleeeeepy...

(Phew, that was a close one. The less people that play this hideous filth, the better)
Laugh Out Friggin' Loud!