And the Texans have it!!!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Originally posted by train
Republicans cause the least trouble... Face it they've been around longer than any other political U.S. party for a reason...
With that in mind I'd vote Democratic. (That party is about 210 years old.)

Mostly though I don't care... I might even become a disillusioned former voter, considering that I'll be just too young to vote in 2004 but just old enough to get drafted early into a second (or do I mean third?) Bush term...

A

Apollo

Speaking of Spidey's offspring, have you settled on names yet?

...Just tell the wife she has to hold off till the CPA Notables are over. ;)

Ferret

Staff member
I like to think of myself as a "centrist". I like to think of that as a euphamism for someone that uses common sense instead of buzzwords and titles to make decisions. I have some fairly conservative views, but I'm also a fan of (progressive) change...

-Ferret

"...but I'm mad as hell that Florida won't allow me to smoke in public anymore!"

S

Svenmonkey

Republicans cause the least trouble... Face it they've been around longer than any other political U.S. party for a reason... It may not be nice to come to terms with, but it's fact...
Actually, it isn't a fact (unless I'm missing some information).

The Jeffersonian Republicans, the first political party (to my knowledge) in the US, actually became the Democrats in later years, and then the modern Republican party was made to counter the Democrats' pro-slavery views just before the Civil War. Over time, however, the Democrats became the ones for civil rights and the like, and the Republicans against it.

Now they're pretty much the same, both being ruled by disgustingly wealthy old white men and only voting against each other because they don't like each other...

T

train

I'll have to look into it... but Ithought the Dems weren't a party for a period of time...

Ferret

Staff member
Actually, if you go back far enough you'll find the Federalist and the Anti-Federalists party - one would later become the Democratic Republicans (or Democratic Republicans) and the other held onto the name Federalist - eventually, they evolved into the parties that we know and loathe today...

-Ferret

"...it's amazing how you can remember stuff from eight grade history..."

T

train

EB - you're pregnant?!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!(Hands EB a complimentary bag of Coat!!!)

Got Coat?!... and Huggies?!!!

;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Apollo
Speaking of Spidey's offspring, have you settled on names yet?

...Just tell the wife she has to hold off till the CPA Notables are over. ;)
Boy: Egan Robert
Girl: Zephyr Michala (I'm actually not sure how to spell that, so I spelled it as it sounds).

The baby's due in 9 days but hasn't dropped yet, so it looks like it's gonna be late.

Thanks all and congrats to you, EricBess!

T

train

Zephyr - That may actually be the first Zephyr that isn't created by WOTC that I know of...

Congrats!!!

:D :cool:

M

Mazzak

Then again, I call myself Mazzak Dy'Qtzyvano Dy'Vaijano, so I think I would see it the other way around :D

edit: and it means "Metal Mongoose of Unknown Origin"...

T

train

(Once again ladies and gentlemen... the post above is a perfect example of how Coat will mess you up!!!...):p

J

Jigglypuff

This is a bit late, but congrats Spidey and EB! You should name the baby after me, since I am cool like that. :D :D

(- Steve -)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Name the baby Seuth (which doesn't mean anything), Wioltuv (which I just made up) or Rhystic.

On second thought... nah.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Jigglypuff
This is a bit late, but congrats Spidey and EB! You should name the baby after me, since I am cool like that. :D :D

(- Steve -)
Then what would you name your kid if your cool name is taken already? :p

T

train

JigglyPuff - Puff 'n' Blow - Jiggly Blow!!... (hehe):p

Or Puff Jr. - Then there'd be a Puff Jr. and a Puff Daddy!!! (haha)!!!...:p :D

A

Apollo

I really like Zephyr, and I don't think Egan is silly... I like interesting names.

And congrats to you too, EB! :)

J

Jigglypuff

If my parents had named me "Puff n' Blow" I would probably kill myself. What kind of messed up name is that? :p :p

And if I ever actually end up having kids I would name him Sheldon or name her... well, I can't think of any good names. Maybe Lesley.

(- Steve -)