Anarchists!

M

Mikeymike

I've been meaning to build a deck with Anarchists for a Dawn of the Dead/Goblin Bombardment combo.

What would I pull back? Buried Alive, Demonic Tutor...Obliterate

K

Killerbob

maybe drain life, or vicious hunger? It surely would be nice to do some tricks without having to worry about such a lame thing as lifecount.
Diabolic intent could also be nice. Then you can pull off without any sac.card like bombardment. Seems like an ok combo.

M

mythosx

i agree,

your playing a black deck...your sacking life...might as well get some back

M

Mikeymike

The reason I haven't built this deck yet is 2 fold.
1 - Jokulhaups/Obliterate is temporarily banned in our group (I'm lobbying to bring it back).
2 - Withered Wretch hits the table in about 75% of our games.

Diabolic Intent would definitely go in here. That was always my favorite Demonic Tutor variant because it is just such a cool card - both flavor and design wise.

What do you think would be better, Drain Life or Soul Burn? I'd also drop a Phantom Nishoba or 2 in here.

N

NorrYtt

You can easily go infinite with Anarchist. You need creatures that give you mana upon death, along with a Phyrexian Plaguelord for good measure.

Anarchist + Blood Vassal + Cathodian + Phyrexian Plaguelord + Living Death - infinite recurring

You can throw in a win condition like Mogg Fanatic or Highway Robbers, some extra mana like Blood Pet, and perhaps a way to stop opposing Mogg Fanatics like Gravegourger. Then just add the setup cards like Buried Alive and you can wreck the group game table.

N

Nightstalkers

I know only one person sick enough to play that combo... The Cheese!

M

mythosx

whos the cheese? I know you can do infinite. Im curious though who out there actually uses it in this way? I did for awhile on magic online when it was in its beta. (too expinsesive for cyber cards)

N

Nightstalkers

The Cheese is a really wierd guy (Bipolar syndrome?) who has decks based around winning by mostly other means.

Stats:

Win/Loss: 137/43
DCI number: *******
Main decks:
1) Academy Donation, Medal of deception bounce

2) The Cheese Stands Alone Block (CStaAl), Sligh