An idea for abusing both Storm and Forgotten Ancient

T

train

I just use it for everything... so that's why I'm waiting for the update...

have you noticed the new search options - standard, etc.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I usually use the card name one, but if I have to, I'll go to the full one where you can do color, type, etc...

That's been there a while though, is there something newer?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I hardly ever search by expansion, so I don't know if that option was there before. If you say it wasn't, it must not have been :)

T

train

*in the Tarzan verbage...* "Oh I see!..."

Doing a lot of Block decks, and specific formats... and any other searching I do, I usually do it by expansion...

;) :cool:

R

Reverend Love

Crystalkeep is chicken soup for the magic player.

(Reference too those Chicken Soup for the Soul books)

M

mythosx

its not the number of cards that get banned...It is the fact that people are climbing over thier mothers and paying through the nose for specific cards and then finding out they can't play with it.

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Shrieking Drake (bouncing it each time), then playing a storm card.

[burns]Excellent.[/burns]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by mythosx
its not the number of cards that get banned...It is the fact that people are climbing over thier mothers and paying through the nose for specific cards and then finding out they can't play with it.
Yeah, but in this case, Mind's Desire was already announced to be banned so people should not be getting it.

As for other cards that might be banned in the future, I look at it this way: they get to play with it for a while (and how they choose to get it is up to them). And really, if the card dominates the scene, wouldn't you want it out anyway?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's why I want some... :)

But seriously, it may have dominated back in the day during its block, but I don't think so now...

M

mythosx

sneak attack is beefy and i was curious why as to no one named the og bounce back creature...man o' war...maybe i missed it or is it type 2 cards only.

T

train

The man o war is a good idea...

"Actually sorted through some the other day..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, as train has shown with his Sneak uses, a Crater Hellion that clears the board (usually) is probably better than a Man O War that only bounces a creature. I'm thinking there were cool creatures in US that were better than the CIP creatures of Visions.

T

train

not just saga - but the entire block...

False prophet anyone?...
Crater Hellion...
Avalanche riders...
Fire-slingers... - why bounce the creature when you can burn it...

I could go on and on...

Urza's is the block to beat - period!...