Amazing Race

T

train

Let us know when you're caught up spidey...

this one was interesting to say the least... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I still haven't seen it or the next to last episode, but you guys can discuss it - don't wait on me :) I just won't read the thread. I was just going to post this as a matter of fact but saw you guys didn't give anything away yet.

Race Winners Behaved Badly

Although I think the title's misleading - they don't sound like they misbehaved at all.

T

train

Did you read that article spidey?

I take it you did - but it then would tell you how it ended and who won...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I already found out who won thanks to a headline, so I just don't know the how... the article above didn't say too much about it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we saw the finale last night since my wife had seen the second-to-last show without me and since I knew who won anyway...

I was really hoping that Kris and Jon would win, especially since it seemed that they caught up to Freddy and Kendra after the plane to Chicago and were on the same train. But as it turns out from their interview here, they weren't on the same train but about 7-8 minutes behind. And as they said, it all came down to the plane ride... what was up with the American Airlines dude who said there wasn't an earlier flight? I think he just wanted to sell tickets on his airline... :(

Adam and Rebecca were never in it due to that Roadblock with the locks... man, Hayden just lost it the first half. She needed to chill... it was probably nerve-wracking to be in the final four and then get in a taxi with a driver who had no clue where to go, but it just seemed her hysterics were a bit overblown, even for the circumstances.

Hopefully I'll see the second-to-last episode soon (so we can free up the tape for Survivor and Amazing Race 8 :) )

T

train

Did you mean to press Amazing race 6?... It is going to be 6 isn't it?... Or am I missing something?... I really thought this last one was 5... I'll comment more shortly...

T

train

Well - I know where my hard earned money is going - to buy some hair horn!...

from the sounds of it - adam and rebecca could have made a run for it considering they only finished about an hour behind... I really wish it wasn't Freddy and Kendra that won it, but it was a race and they crossed the line first...

for some reason I really thought this last one was AR5... oh well...

E

EricBess

Well, you already know who won, then, which was the biggest thing we didn't want to discuss until we were sure everyone had seen it.

Obviously, I would have preferred that Kris and John won, but what can you say? A race is a race. And while they had their differences, Freddy and Kendra did pull it together most of the time.

I don't think that they misbehaved so much. Kendra putting her comment in context makes sence, but regardless, she was pretty spoiled...

What I would like to hear them talk about is their differences in opinion about the importance of hotel rooms vs. taxis.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get that. Why?

I finally saw the second to last episode over the weekend. You guys probably don't remember it by now... :) Actually, not a lot to say on my part either. The only thing I really remember is Kris kicking butt over the other girls during the Detour in terms of the amount of bricks she carried (and seemingly without complaint). :)

E

EricBess

Spiderman said:
I don't get that. Why?
I assume this is directed to my comment. There were some earlier episodes where he didn't want to get a hotel room and she did. But then later, he wanted to get a taxi when she didn't because they weren't going too far, so she made a comment about the fact that they slept on a bench somewhere.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, I get it. Yeah, it would be interesting to know how much money the teams are spending, to maybe put some of their decisions into perspective.