Amazing Race

T

train

A little late to start this thread considering it's half-way over...

but even though they were inured - we were glad to see the Texans fall out of the race...

Kind of odd how us Texans have a lot of firsts...

the first physically unable to finish the race, the first phil had to go to, etc...

:)

Overall, we think the married couple has the best chance to make it now...

I couldn't stop laughing at Charla running through the pyramid with no troubles what-so-ever... And then when she tried tending the sheep...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I kept meaning to start this thread...

Mirna and Charla annoy me. I wish they'd go.

The twins are dopey. They should go too ("do we go down here?")

The moms are okay, but I think they're a long shot to win.

Chip and his wife are fine.

Colin/Christie and Brendan/Nicole are pretty much clones of each other, but they haven't grated on my nerves yet. Still, I'm also not that favorable towards them.

I think that's it.

T

train

They got eliminated in round 3 - going from St. Petersburg to that little island in ??? for the pit stop... I believe...;)

I understand the annoying in Mirna and Charla, but we still get our laughs...;)

E

EricBess

I like Chip and his wife also. I think it is funny that she keeps feeling like she isn't doing anything. Heck, look at the couples where they are both trying to be the leader....

I don't really agree that Brendon/Nicole and Colin/Christy are clones of each other. I think that Brendon and Nicole support each other a lot more than Colin and Christy do. Yeah, they all get frustrated at times, but in general, Colin and Christy start pointing fingers any time they can. They seem to be pretty strong, having retaken the lead a couple of times, but I really don't like them.

I liked Mirna an Charla, but they are starting to get on my nerves as well.

I've been having issues with my knees recently, so I can relate to the brothers. I never really got to the point of liking them, but I certainly respect them and the way the approached things.

I'd definitely like to see the twins gone. I don't think they are taking this very seriously at all (let's just go here without building the puzzle and hope someone tells us where the next clue is...)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it was an unfortunate turn that the military dad and daughter got on the latest flight to whereever they were supposed to go. Once that happened, they really didn't have a chance to catch up.

I liked the brothers - it's too bad about his knees.

I think the twins are taking it "seriously", they just have a harder time following directions (either too impatient or eager or whatever). I mean, the first couple shows were hilarious when they (and others) couldn't see the flag that was right in front of them. I mean, they're just trying to get to the pit stop first and the eagerness to do so causes them to make mistakes.

I think the couples are pretty supportive of each other. Like during the sushi eating challenge, the guys didn't really yell at the girls for not eating it all "right away" (I mean, sure, they might have gotten impatient but not overly so IMO which I understand). But what I really meant by "clones" is that they're "couples", as was some others who got eliminated already. I think the show could do better with more mixes of the teams.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yea! Mirna and Charla are out....

I can see Colin losing it sometime in the future (especially with the preview of him getting upset). He needs to calm down :)

I noticed all the guys ate this time in the Roadblock :)

Not much else I can think of... I would say something about the Colin-Charla spat, but it's already over since the women are gone...

T

train

didn't see all of it as we were coming in from the Bourne Supremacy...

they are gone, but they did do well...

It sounds like, but probably doesn't happen, Colin gets arrested at that local jail...

That would be another first on the AR...

Nice to see Chip and Kim leading, and still having such a great time... They are racing, but also take time to enjoy what they are doing...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, Colin almost gets arrested but forks over the money at the last minute. He's providing some entertainment but so far is really made to look like the clueless bad guy. Could be the show but looks like he has an anger management problem.

And Christie's behavior seems a bit odd. I can see more of what Charla and Myrna were saying about them now, how Colin is dominating and Christie is submissive and passive. It looks like she's trying to excuse her behavior and for riling up Colin. If I was her and Colin treated me like that, I'd be out of there, right in the middle of the game too. I wouldn't put up with that (I'm pretty sure, it's always easy to be the outsider making judgements :) )

Kim and Chip are my slowly emerging front-runners, although Chip's money sermon seemed a bit out of line to Nicole. But it seems to be working for him since he was able to short his cabbie by 10 or so dollars.

I thought the skydive was supposed to be faster than the offroad. They must have really been bunched up for C & C to beat the first skydiving team, or it wasn't that fast at all. The twins were lucky this was a non-elimination round...

E

EricBess

I was a bit confused by the driving timing, too. It didn't seem like Colin and Christy were in the lead when they hit the dunes, but they somehow completed really fast...

Then they knocked the flag over, which got everyone else lost for a while.

The previews this week seem similar to last week, with Colin losing it again and again and again. The more I see of it, the more I think Christy must really have some serious low self esteem to stick it out with him.

I like Chip and Kim, too, but they seem to be really on the edge with the money situation, which is going to slow them down in the long run. Of course, the twins will be with nothing and C and K will at least get the X dollars for the leg next week...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
C&C: Yeah, again, it might be what the show wants us to see and his reactions make for good TV, but I'm starting to wonder... he's probably watching it now and saying to his friends "That's not how it was, I'm not like that", etc :)

Money: Maybe Chip will slow down with his spending. Kim was worried about it but didn't have a big on-TV showdown like Brandon and Nicole. Maybe she talked to him privately during the rest period :)

T

train

hopefully they will manage the money a little better... Overall we like seeing Chip and Kim at the finish line, because they don't trample over anyone to get there - they do their thing...

I was really hoping Colin would end up in a cell - but wonder if it didn't happen because the cameras were around...;)

The twins are going to do some serious flirting to get some money - I guess we'll see just how much...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This week didn't really seem to jump out with anything noteworthy, aside from having the players go on the infamour Indian "groping" train. Linda did seem to spaz out a bit trying to get currency and Branden and Nicole were lucky it was a non-elimination round, but that's about it. I hope Chip and Kim's strategy of stroking Colin's ego works... I'd like to see it come to fruitation :)

And I hope Christie stands up to him as shown in next week's previews, but she'll probably back down like she did with the jail incident.

T

train

Holy Freak - when did the episode air?!!!...

we were ready for it at 9:00 our time, and then we were staring at the Rep. Convention...

what did I do?!!!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You didn't look at the TV guide... they moved it up an hour early because of the convention... we were lucky we looked 'cause we thought it would be at 10 also.

E

EricBess

Actually, I thought it was odd, because they were advertising it at "a special time", but it was at the same time slot PST that it always is. Guess now I know what that was all about...

My only real complaint was that it was on opposite Last Comic Standing, but that was more a fault with LCS, not The Amazing Race.

Anyway, part of me wishes it had been an elimination round because it was really cool to see Brandon and Nicole basically stand up for each other and not start blaming each other for why they were having so many problems. If you have to get eliminated, doing it on an up like that is cool. Like when the brothers mutually agreed that it wasn't worth the pain in the leg anymore...you have to respect that.

But of course, I'm glad for their sakes that it wasn't an elimination round.

It certainly gets anoying every week to have Colin shooting off like he does and then they keep coming in first and winning trips. Getting upset and frustrated is one thing, but he doesn't show much respect winning or losing.

Thought it was funny that the Moms rocked the road block (just like making bread).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It certainly gets anoying every week to have Colin shooting off like he does and then they keep coming in first and winning trips. Getting upset and frustrated is one thing, but he doesn't show much respect winning or losing.
yeah, I agree. That's why I'm hoping Chip & Kim's strategy will work and he'll self-destruct...

T

train

well - we're ready for it this week... and according to CBS.com - there's nothing coming you all haven't hinted at...

*train looks at his imprinted new ability...*

vigilance...