Amazing Race 15

T

train

The Amazing Race is on its way back - anyone else excited?...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Me! It didn't start last night? I wasn't able to check the TV, although I have the DVR set up to tape it...

E

EricBess

No, didn't start last night. Usually, it starts a couple weeks after Survivor starts because it's slightly fewer episodes and they want them to end back-to-back.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I never can tell because shows all start at different times and so fast. Good I didn't miss it yet then.

E

EricBess

Nope, you'll be able to miss it next Sunday at 8:00 for 2 hours according to the TV listing I have.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo! I always set the DVR 2 hours past the end time because it usually gets bumped by sports...

T

train

We're looking forward to it... we didn't think the brother/sister getting it last time was cool - but they were from Cali-Tex :cool:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
And.... we're off!

That beginning challenge must have been a heartbreaker for the yoga team. You have to go through the auditions and think you made it and then can't even leave the starting line...

The poker girls seemed a bit rattled for the first leg, but lucked out 'cause it was a non-elimination leg... I don't think they've had one so early, but then, they've never had the starting line challenge either.

When I saw the Japanese game show, I thought it was going to be Majide from I Survived a Japanese Game Show from the summer...

Already the lawyer guy is annoying, he sounds like several past teams where he has to "win at all costs".

T

train

As for not making past the starting line - I liked the twist - but the "setting them free" statement seemed surreal...

Though I thought the whole "we work with a homeless kids organization" ploy was creative... I'm glad it didn't win them any sympathy and the others were catching on to it and finding them out... Just like poker players - bluffing...

I thought the whole Wasabi bomb was freakin' awesome... and after sitting at a real sushi bar the other day for the first time - I now have a personal goal of eating one of those things...

Ready for next week... semi-rooting for the globe trotters and sam and dan next week...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought it was funny how the poker girls said they didn't like that one team (Zev & partner?) because they seemed unfriendly, when it was because they sensed that the girls weren't telling the truth about what they did and by extension, why should they be friendly with people who aren't being truthful? The girls want the cake and eat it too... :)

E

EricBess

I thought it was funny that the girls were recognized by a "fan" and didn't try to maintain their cover. They showed at least 2 other teams now know and that's the sort of secret that will probably be spread through all teams almost immediately.

I think the homeless kids thing was a bit over-the-top. One of the other teams called them on that before their secret was even out because they weren't being friendly to the locals and someone who runs an organization for homeless kids wouldn't be so heartless.

I like the globetrotters. They have some advantages I would think, not just because of their height and being used to running, but also because they are used to travelling.

The parking-lot challenge was interesting, but unlike survivor, Amazing Race has never varied (that I recall) from having exactly 11 teams, so adding 1 more and then doing a "pay attention to the clue" challenge was appropriate. How many times do people get eliminated because they didn't pay attention to the clue? All the time.

Speaking of clues, the asberger's team was really lucky that they were able to find their clue after the mud challenge. It was really cool of them to give the guy their jacket. Hopefully it won't come back to haunt them, though.

Early favorites are the globetrotters and the guy with asbergers. Early dislikes are the lawyer, who also almost didn't make it out of the parking lot. There were two teams who commented about going from "dead last" to being right in things and they were one of them. Given that the race has just started... Also leaning towards disliking the poker players, but it's still a bit too early.

Oh, and the two teams that did so poorly with the ducks. I couldn't believe the bad advise their teammates were shouting about 'run after them' when it was more about control. I think the time limit was a good thing on that one. After seeing the one girl completely surrounded by ducks and waving flags wildly, being able to start over was a much better option.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
the asberger's team was really lucky that they were able to find their clue after the mud challenge.
I think someone put it on the side of the boat; if it slipped out, I don't think it would be hanging neatly on the side. They did get a spot of luck there. But at least they knew they lost it right away and not have headed all the way back to the docks and even starting the next challenge before figuring it out :)

T

train

I'm glad the trotters made it to the finish line first... (not like they need a trip to another place in the world...)

cheyne and meghan had it close second...

Lance and Keri should have a road block for not even knowing where they were... sheesh...

:rolleyes:

E

EricBess

I can't believe the one team took the girraffe "because it was closest to them". Everyone else seemed to realize that having a low center of gravity was important. One team even put their animal on it's side. In the end, though, the fact that it broke didn't seem to matter much, but I have to think they went a bit slower because of it.

I wanted so badly for the lawyers to be eliminated. If only the older people hadn't still been in the race. They were so far behind, though that none of the other teams even realized they were still around.

T

train

won't post anything til I know you all have watched...

don't have a DVR or TiVo - so all my stuff is "as it airs" - but know that you all will be watching...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We're trying to get our house back on the market, so have been spending last week and this week cleaning and stuff. We managed to catch up on this though... post your thoughts train! It helps to jog my memory :)

10/4 episode: Definitely agree the lawyers should have gone. They keep missing stuff! I thought there would be more of a penalty with the giraffe also but I guess not.

10/11 episode: Way bad luck for Zev and Justin to be eliminated because of the lost passport. And they came in first too! I liked them... the lawyers are still missing stuff - they went right by the picture in the hotel while the two teams trailing them saw it right away. I think all clues should be like that - figure out the puzzle that tells the next location, rather than be given it right away :) The scarf challenge was weird; in a couple of instances, it seemed the scarf lady was right next to the booth!

E

EricBess

I agree with pretty much everything Spidey said. Loosing the passport is especially harsh considering his disability (made the monkey challenge harder, too). They didn't ever show them getting into bags, so I'm guessing it somehow just got left behind at the airport (where the cameramen can't point out that it was left behind), but who knows...

I think there was a link at the end of the show, did anyone look that up?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, it wasn't real obvious where he might have lost it; no one left any bags while doing challenges, for example. I guess even the camera guys didn't get it.

I didn't check the link but will now since you reminded me :)

T

train

I didn't catch the link...

We thought it was pretty bad for them to go out that way - but still a good run for them... especially in the last leg...

We are still waiting for the poker girls to lose out...