Amazing Race 14?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Right, but so does waddling instead of running because you need to go to the bathroom.
That's when you say dignity be oinked and just go... :)

They showed her with a plate of food still...
Well, there were like four things, right? I think she got through at least two skewers or was very close to it; it seemed she just popped the crickets and scorpion(s) in her mouth.

It did seem to me that a lot of people were trying to point them in the wrong direction, though, so its easy to see why they were all so frustrated with it.
I think some of the people asked didn't know where it was either and the language barrier didn't help...

E

EricBess

Spiderman;283728 said:
That's when you say dignity be oinked and just go... :)
lol...I think they actually did discuss that at one point :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
To be in the top 3 and for a chance at a million dollars? You better believe it... you can always wash your clothes and take a shower right after you check in... :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, that was some finale... Luke and Mary had it almost in the bag until the final two surfboard tripped Luke up...he had such a big lead on Victor too. I think he just started panicking when Victor caught up and passed him and Luke just started throwing boards in the last spot... but I'm glad Victor andTammy won.

E

EricBess

I couldn't believe the whole pig thing. Luke and Margie just picked the thing up and started walking. The other two teams struggled so much with it. Margie did comment several times afterwards about how heavy it was, but they just plowed through it and passed both of the other teams quite handily.

The one thing I noticed is that at least with the cheerleaders, one of them was holding the pole right next to the pig while the other was holding it near the end. I'm guessing that they didn't even realize what an unfair distribution of weight that would cause because they couldn't stop screaming at each other.

As for the final roadblock, Luke had nearly finished before Victor even showed up. I can't remember if he only needed the final 2 at that point or if there were another couple he got before Victor started. But yeah, it's like he completely fell apart at that point and instead of being calm, he started just throwing things up randomly. A burning skull, for example? What did he think that represented?

And even when he got the one with the feet, he had it in the wrong position and then even removed it for a while. It's sort of like his brain completely shut off at that point. I'm wondering also if he had been going through them each one-by-one and missed those two the first pass. It might have been a combination of the added pressure from Victor and feeling like he had already seen them all once, but it felt very much like he just gave up. He did that before with the letter challenge, where he just started tossing things in randomly.

The thing that really got me is how he would see a board and yell, "duh", grabbing the board and it would have nothing to do with anything. I would be curious to know what was going through his head through all that.

The one other explaination I can think of, however, is that his mom commented on how he had been constantly reviewing each leg, preparing for this sort of challenge. They have one every season, so why not? The fact that it was the last two boards he had trouble with could have been just because he hadn't had as many days to drill those challenges into his head yet.

Anyway, I was pulling for them, but Victor and Tammy is better than the cheerleaders, I suppose. I just felt like they were both very arrogant, particularly Victor. I'm personally a bit disappointed, but I can't say they didn't deserve it like the cheerleaders, who only made the top 3 out of some serious luck and the U-turn.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I think Margie had a bit of trouble putting it on her shoulder to begin with, but once it was there, it did seem like they were good to go. I'm not sure why the other teams couldn't do the same; I would think they *had* to have tried, but I guess weren't strong enough? I don't know...

I think Luke had maybe 4 left to go when Victor showed up.

I think Victor was maybe the more confident one - it was only the China leg where they were confident with the language that "arrogance" might have come across. But Luke rubbed me the wrong way more than they did. Jaime did it for me for the cheerleaders... I know she's impatient and all, but it just got down to being rude and whatnot.