Almost all of the Invasion spoiler is up!!!

D

Duel

Then go to the "back" thing, maybe.

Oh, and I'm with Zadok, here. the site matches everything, just doesn't have lands and gold cards posted.

If this is a trick, it's one perpetrated by a sadist with no job, lots of money, and a willingness to be sent hate mail for the rest of his life. Less likely than someone on the Magazine found himself a weasel, and the fella on the inside spilled all....

OR, and here's what worries me, WOTC could have intentionally spilled lies. With just enough truth to convince people. How's that for misleading when you go to the prerelease?

Z

Zadok001

FoR, head to the base Mag2 site, and click on the big 'Invasion' banner. Then you'll have the little 'next' buttons available.

Killer Joe

C'mon, you guys! We've all gone through the same thing for other sets. A spoiler is posted , and right away, folks are talking "Conspiracy" theory. I have personally fallen into that state of mind before, I remember reading about Nemesis, and there was some "Misguided" dork who wrote an article somewhere about how 'Fading' was an elaborate scheme by Wiz Co. to mislead the masses, and guess what? I believed it! I allowed myself to fall into the mind set that 'Fading' was an elaborate hoax.
Read the Mag2 spoiler, learn how to reserve judgement before blurting out silly rhetoric that'll make you look like a dork later.
Personally, do I think the spoiler is a fake? Hard to say and here's why: I really DO think that Wiz Co. has finally decided to put out a "Smack-Down" set, Christ, they're long overdue for it. Masques Block was so tame that a card named "Bozo, The Clown Legend" would've looked intimidating, in fact, I think that WAS the R&D name for "Lutulla, the Pressed Breast Legend". And, as 'broken' as many of the cards seem, it's quite possible that a good percentage of them are true. "Fact or Fiction"? Yeah, Zvi was so hot on that card that it probably took the entire Sideboard staff to pry him out of the 'John' before he would pass-out from yanking himself to death. I know that I've seen bogus cards before, like that extra counterspell in Prophecy's spoiler on MTGnews (I forgot it's name), but that set needed another counterspell like Mike Long needed another "Fake" warning for cheating: "Oh yeah, Mike, BTW, funny how you STILL didn't make it on the U.S. team". Here's the bottomline for me, I think I can go through the list and sift out the questionables and be able to form an intelligent opinion AND keep it to myself......for now.
I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, so what.
Later.

E

Elrond

If the spoiler is true, I'm going to love the set. If the spoiler's a fake, then I'm still going to love the set, just based on the cards given out by Sideboard.

I'm up to about fourty or fifty bucks for my Invasion fund, unfortunately for me it also doubles for my Prerelease fund, so that'll probably leave me with twenty or less to spend on Invasion, but oh well.

Only six more days until Invasion hits.

Good point Yellowjacket, I agree with you all the way.

N

NeuroDeus

Going back to what I said the spoiler was fake... I have to shut my mouth. After taking a real long look I think that it isn't fake afterall althought lots of things are makin me thinking ex.

Serpentine Kavu
4 G
Creature - Kavu
Heather Hudson
211/350
4/4
R: Serpentine Kavu gains haste until end of turn. (It may attack and T the turn it comes under your control.)

If this guy gets haste... Shouldn't they have put it under kicker mechanic? Kicker R. If you payed the kicker cost it get Haste until end of turn. ?

Z

Zadok001

That's the first excellent point I've seen, NeuroDeus. I hadn't taken notice of that (although that card had seemed a little odd to me). We've even seen cards with Kicker that gives Haste, so it must be possible... The only real difference is that this way, you aren't as vulerable to Power Sink-esque effects as with a Kicker involved.

There is a problem, however. When I really think about this, if you're making up cards with the Kicker mechanic, it is unlikely that you would ignore a chance to put it in. The same would go for R&D, yes, but an individual shouldn't be making a mistake like this!

Alright, here's another argument I came up with in favor of the spoiler. Imagine for a moment that you're making up a fake spoiler. You have all your cards ready to go. But unfortunately, there's a site on the web that's releasing the REAL spoiler a few cards at a time. Now, just before you want to release your set, a card is revealed called Fact Or Fiction. It's number 57/350. Unfortunately, your fake spoiler doesn't have the F's in that position, you used a lot more M's and N's, so they're a little earlier on... You now have to rename a bunch of your cards to get the order right again and accomodate the new card.

It gets worse. To you, Fact or Fiction looks like a part of a cycle of cards. The name just seems too cheesy to have been chosen for it's own merits, so you presume there is a whole cycle of these things, with names like Do or Die and Fight or Flight. You make all _those_ cards too, re-alphabetize all the colors, and finish your fake spoiler for release the next day.

The next day, another card is released. Get the picture? This isn't gonna work! Now, you have to remember that the spoiler was released around the same time as Urza's Rage was put up on the sideboard; that's only TWO DAYS after Fact or Fiction. That's a lot of work in two days. And then Urza's Rage comes up, and THAT gets integrated in even less time?

Put simply, I don't think someone could pull this off if they tried. Too much to keep up with!

N

NeuroDeus

About Urza's Rage... They put up only White and Blue first! Probably finishing off by arranging everything to accomodate Fact of Fiction then they worked up on the rest that includes Red. And there goes Urza's Rage... Another thing... Gold would be the most difficult to design... Maybe that is why the left it for last...

G

galtwish

Re: Serpentine Kavu-It doesn't have a Kicker so that if it comes into play through another mechanic or being stolen, it can have haste.

Erik